The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: laoislad on July 13, 2015, 11:38:59 AM
Quote from: trileacman on July 13, 2015, 12:53:13 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 13, 2015, 12:47:42 AM
Think all his mouthing puts the Irish in a bad light, sooner hes beat the better, cant stand him. This lets all jump on the Irish bandwagon pure crap, hes got no class!

A p***k, I have no time for him. Can't understand the mentality that deems Rory McIlroy's smugness to be distasteful but McGregor's arrogance and hardman play acting to be acceptable.
I'd love to see McGregor get Mcilroy into the ring or hexagon or what ever the feck it's called for a few rounds.

Is Rory permitted a 5 iron?

Sidney

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 13, 2015, 11:29:41 AM
Quote from: Sidney on July 13, 2015, 10:52:54 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 12, 2015, 05:11:26 PM
Does McGregor call the shots now or does he have to fight Aldo? Anymore reports on why Aldo pulled out? I've read a few rumours about him using fake X-ray scans, chasing drug testers away etc.
I thought UFC doesn't have drug testing, though? I thought that was the point, that it's not regulated and thus they have carte blanche to juice up on whatever they want?

you couldn't be more wrong even if you tried
Who regulates it? This Dana White chap?

screenexile

Quote from: Sidney on July 13, 2015, 11:52:02 AM
Does McGregor call the shots now or does he have to fight Aldo? Anymore reports on why Aldo pulled out? I've read a few rumours about him using fake X-ray scans, chasing drug testers away etc.
I thought UFC doesn't have drug testing, though? I thought that was the point, that it's not regulated and thus they have carte blanche to juice up on whatever they want?

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/06/ufc-confirms-partnership-with-usada-details-of-out-of-competition-testing-program

Premier Emperor

Think all his mouthing puts the Irish in a bad light, sooner hes beat the better, cant stand him. This lets all jump on the Irish bandwagon pure crap, hes got no class!

A p***k, I have no time for him. Can't understand the mentality that deems Rory McIlroy's smugness to be distasteful but McGregor's arrogance and hardman play acting to be acceptable.
I'd love to see McGregor get Mcilroy into the ring or hexagon or what ever the feck it's called for a few rounds.
The franchise already has its Irish leprechaun character in Sheamus McGregor. McIlroy adds nothing to it.

Sidney

Paul Kimmage has just said on Radio 1 that he was "repulsed" by this McGregor event and also said "I would question whether mainstream media should even engage with it".

AZOffaly

Quote from: Sidney on July 13, 2015, 12:09:43 PM
Paul Kimmage has just said on Radio 1 that he was "repulsed" by this McGregor event and also said "I would question whether mainstream media should even engage with it".

On what grounds? The violence? The Drug Testing? Or McGregor's obnoxious public image?

Sidney

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 13, 2015, 12:20:53 PM
Quote from: Sidney on July 13, 2015, 12:09:43 PM

On what grounds? The violence? The Drug Testing? Or McGregor's obnoxious public image?
A little from column A. a little from column B, and a little from column C, I would presume.

Walter Cronc

We'd all love to see McGregor in there for 30 seconds with you!

Sidney

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 13, 2015, 12:49:55 PM

We'd all love to see McGregor in there for 30 seconds with you!
He'd probably put up more of a fight than some of the jokers McGregor has "fought" so far. 

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Sidney on July 13, 2015, 11:52:02 AM

yer ma

JoG2

Just watched the mcgregor fight on 3e. I've seen the odd clip here and there.  It's a mad sport.  Vicious in the extreme.  After watching the way mcgregor conducted himself during the fight and after I'd have respect for the man.  All I knew was the trash talk and lack of respect for Aldo etc.

A couple of questions though to the ufc men on here.

What's the craic with the elbows to the the face and top of the head when you've a man pinned to the deck..work away?

Mendes had 2 weeks prep and got plenty of reward in the 1st 2 rounds.  Is mcgregor capable of beating Aldo?  I'll definitely  watch it

The Iceman

Quote from: JoG2 on July 13, 2015, 11:01:57 PM
Just watched the mcgregor fight on 3e. I've seen the odd clip here and there.  It's a mad sport.  Vicious in the extreme.  After watching the way mcgregor conducted himself during the fight and after I'd have respect for the man.  All I knew was the trash talk and lack of respect for Aldo etc.

What's the craic with the elbows to the the face and top of the head when you've a man pinned to the deck..work away?

Mendes had 2 weeks prep and got plenty of reward in the 1st 2 rounds.  Is mcgregor capable of beating Aldo?  I'll definitely  watch it

McGregor should handle Aldo. A fully prepared Mendes would beat McGregor but they will keep him away from Wrestlers for a while again. They will milk him on the Ultimate Fighter, then on the Aldo fight then on his title defense in Croker.  McGregor win or lose in Croker will be a wealthy man.

Elbows to the top of the head from the bottom are legal, think about it, you dont get much sting on anything off of your back, no body weight, all limited arm strength with your shoulders on the mat.
From the top elbows are legal from 3-9or 9-3 but not from 12 - 6 (straight down). 
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

JoG2

Thanks Iceman.  I understood most of that :-)

stew

I would expect that from you son, no class and the fact that you would want a big mouthed thug beat seven shades of shite out of a golfer, who declared for Ireland and actually is the best in the world at what he does, well, it speaks volumes, McGregor is devoid of humility and although I cannot root against the f**ker I cannot bring myself to hope he wins. I support all Irish athletes and want the best for all Irish people, Rory McIlroy has never been in trouble in his life, is a solid citizen and I cannot fathom as to why you would want him beaten to shit by a loudmouth bollocks like McGregor?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: JoG2 on July 13, 2015, 11:01:57 PM

Mendes would take him without too much trouble, he is two steps up from the lad he beat who only had two weeks to prepare for him, that said, McGregor was prepping for a man other than the lad he fought, still, I think McGregor is a couple of fights away from getting his arse handed to him, if he fights the best, he has a lethal left paw and I think he would be a tremendous boxer if he ever had the mind to try it.

I could see the boxing community reach out to him for big bucks in a three fight deal with the third being a title shot, what have they to lose, they have killed the sport and he would inject some life into the sport that is far superior to the shite he is fighting in now when done right.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.