The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Subbie

Quote from: gawa316 on July 12, 2015, 04:15:52 AM
Quote from: Gmac on July 12, 2015, 12:46:13 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 12, 2015, 12:35:13 AM
The Irish support in LV is something else so Dana White is gonna milk this cash cow till the tit is dry.
Thousand of Irish from the cities in the states there as well as the ones who travelled from home.
On another note Irish fans need a new song or anthem other than the ole ole ole getting old that one.

I think it's class and so quickly recognizable and that's coming from a nordie prod.

Sitting in a bar in Fresno, 40 odd miles from where Mendes is from. Outnumbered to say the least!
Like a taig at a bonefire then 😉😉😉😉😉
Enjoy!!

Gabriel_Hurl

On first viewing I thought Dean had stopped the fight too early - considering there were only 3 seconds left but after seeing the replay Mendes lights were out and he was turtling.

Fair play to him - he backed up the talking with a huge performance.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: gallsman on July 03, 2015, 10:31:05 AM
Taylor's sport is amateur boxing. How much do you actually know about women's professional boxing?
Amateur boxing is like pitch and putt and professional boxing is golf.

Premier Emperor

I can't believe so many people are duped by this UFC sham.
It's a rip off of WWE and Conor McGregor is Sheamus!

gallsman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 12, 2015, 05:51:46 AM
On first viewing I thought Dean had stopped the fight too early - considering there were only 3 seconds left but after seeing the replay Mendes lights were out and he was turtling.

Fair play to him - he backed up the talking with a huge performance.

I think it was early. Mendes knew he had to get through only a few seconds but was a seriously ballsy display from McGregor after taking so many of those elbows.

gallsman

Iceman or Gab or someone who really understands this - was McGregor playing possum the whole time on the ground, happy to take the shots, while waiting for Mendes to transition to a hold knowing that was his chance to escape? Also, when Mendes went for it, he had him by the neck for the choke, he looked to have it locked in. When he went to wrap the legs was it poor execution or was it skill by McGregor to escape?

I don't like him but that was great to watch and he took a fair hammering and came out the far side. Still think Dean should have left it the three seconds!

Tony Baloney

It was a nonsense stoppage. Your lights can't be out and turtling. If someone puts you out cold you aren't on your knees protecting your head. Could have ran down the 3 seconds easily but McGregor win was pre - ordained.

finbar o tool

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 12, 2015, 07:54:10 AM

Have a look at the pics from the Robbie Lawler/Rory Macdonald fight, or Almeida's KO on Brad Pickett, its no where near the fakeness of wrestling!
Its was a tough call for the ref on whether to stop it or not, he might not have known there was only 3 seconds to go? Maybey he thought there 10 seconds to go or so, big difference in that when someone is getting punch after punch! I dont think McGregor was gona stop hitting Mendes!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

gallsman

The Lawler-McDonald fight was brutal. McDonald gassed at just the wrong time after he had him hurt with the head kicks. Was surprised at the end as after he'd taken such a battering to the face, it looked like, and I'm not saying this in a critical sense as it would be perfectly understandable, he decided to quit?

Sidney

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 12, 2015, 07:54:10 AM
That's very unfair to WWE and Sheamus.

Wrestling is real.

This UFC shit is a fooking pantomime.

GalwayBayBoy

JimStynes

Does McGregor call the shots now or does he have to fight Aldo? Anymore reports on why Aldo pulled out? I've read a few rumours about him using fake X-ray scans, chasing drug testers away etc.

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on July 12, 2015, 05:11:26 PM
Does McGregor call the shots now or does he have to fight Aldo? Anymore reports on why Aldo pulled out? I've read a few rumours about him using fake X-ray scans, chasing drug testers away etc.

Dana and the Fertittas call the shots. Always.

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: bridgegael on July 12, 2015, 05:19:03 PM
would he fill croke park??

He'd get enough people to fill it 5 times.... the residents wouldnt want that though
Hasta la victoria siempre