The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Is there any way to watch the McGregor documentary on RTE player in the north?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Gabriel_Hurl

McGregor is well and truly in Aldo's head

laoislad

Where did yer man get the Irish jersey without the 3 logo.
I thought they were like hens teeth.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

The lads chanting "easy, easy, easy" evidently don't have a clue about MMA.

andoireabu

Is McGregors idea to annoy Aldo that much that come fight night he comes out with more aggression than brains and McGregor could catch him off guard?  Or is it all a show from both of them to maximise the payday?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

gallsman

From what I hear (I'm stuck in college), a lot of Irish mma fans let themselves down badly today.

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on March 31, 2015, 09:03:56 PM
From what I hear (I'm stuck in college), a lot of Irish mma fans let themselves down badly today.

They will be taking their lead from Mcgregor.  Have never seen a challenger show such a lack of respect for a champion.

The buildup has pretty much reached saturation point and the fight isn't until July

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on March 31, 2015, 09:03:56 PM

Some of the questions / comments towards Aldo where just ridiculous. My personal favourite was "Jose, where does your forehead begin?" I think they were allowed because Dana White didn't really quite understand what they were saying.
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

Just watched the full thing. Mortifying.

The Iceman

Mostly knackers at the press conference - I don't think a true reflection of Irish MMA in fairness. But it's what the world sees and the stereotypes continue to be fed....
From what I can tell CMG likes to bait his opponents into a war. All his flashy kicks and footwork are to draw the opponent on to him where he can counter and use some great range awareness and technique to put them away. I don't know if Aldo will fall for it but it all makes for must see TV.
I have a mate who went to the press conference in NY and he said Aldo got the same treatment, to the point where Robbie Lawler told the crowd to give the champ some respect.

I think CMG has a legitimate chance to win. He hits harder than most if not all the featherweights. If he can avoid a grappling match and use his range and take advantage of his southpaw stance he can beat Aldo on the feet. Win or lose he's in for a massive pay day tied to the PPV. He will make more money than Aldo and probably the biggest purse in MMA history. It's all about the gold I said before. Not the gold belt but the gold coin....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on March 31, 2015, 11:48:29 PM
Mostly knackers at the press conference - I don't think a true reflection of Irish MMA in fairness. But it's what the world sees and the stereotypes continue to be fed....
From what I can tell CMG likes to bait his opponents into a war. All his flashy kicks and footwork are to draw the opponent on to him where he can counter and use some great range awareness and technique to put them away. I don't know if Aldo will fall for it but it all makes for must see TV.
I have a mate who went to the press conference in NY and he said Aldo got the same treatment, to the point where Robbie Lawler told the crowd to give the champ some respect.

I think CMG has a legitimate chance to win. He hits harder than most if not all the featherweights. If he can avoid a grappling match and use his range and take advantage of his southpaw stance he can beat Aldo on the feet. Win or lose he's in for a massive pay day tied to the PPV. He will make more money than Aldo and probably the biggest purse in MMA history. It's all about the gold I said before. Not the gold belt but the gold coin....

This fight or down the line?! He'll not touch anything like the kind of money Lesnar in his day, Jones or Silva would make. McGregor takes whatever UFC and Dana pay him. He was plucked from (relative) obscurity, so I don't imagine his contract is all that big.

gallsman

Or Rousey while I think of it. Jones and her are their two superstars at the minute.

The Iceman

He made a purse of $180K declared earnings in his fight with Brandao. He made close to a million for the Dennis Siver fight.
He said he'll make upwards of $7million for this fight. If it breaks PPV records and I think it will then he should make the biggest money we've seen in MMA in one fight.
Lesnar was 4/5 years ago remember. Jones is pulling $400K per fight.
We'll see...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on April 01, 2015, 01:03:47 AM
He made a purse of $180K declared earnings in his fight with Brandao. He made close to a million for the Dennis Siver fight.
He said he'll make upwards of $7million for this fight. If it breaks PPV records and I think it will then he should make the biggest money we've seen in MMA in one fight.
Lesnar was 4/5 years ago remember. Jones is pulling $400K per fight.
We'll see...

Where did you hear he got a million for the Siver fight?! It wasn't even on ppv in the states!! $7m in this fight?! My absolute hole!!