The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

That was a strange decision? Americans not happy!

RealSpiritof98

And thats why that shit is rigged

Carmen Stateside

;D
thats the worst i ever seen

Syferus

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 19, 2015, 02:50:58 AM
Is it not in Boston?

Ahh my mistake, I was confusing it with what White said about the potential Aldo fight (it would definitely be in Vegas he said).

Carmen Stateside

Great to see the Irish lads cheering for our boy! Come on Stormin Norman

Carmen Stateside

Feck this, Norman robbed as well

Gabriel_Hurl

well - he backed up his talk tonight - very impressive.

He won't be getting it that easy again

ballinaman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 19, 2015, 05:32:33 AM

WWF stuff hopping over the cage at the end..embarrassing stuff!
Siver the patsy as expected..

annapr

Quote from: ballinaman on January 19, 2015, 10:05:32 AM

He's a gobsh!te, its a sport for gobsh!tes watched mostly by gobsh!tes. He does seem to be quite good a beating people up though and he is making a lot of money so fair play to him I suppose.

screenexile

Quote from: annapr on January 19, 2015, 01:55:26 PM

He's a gobsh!te, its a sport for gobsh!tes watched mostly by gobsh!tes. He does seem to be quite good a beating people up though and he is making a lot of money so fair play to him I suppose.

That's it. The more hype he generates and the more he plays on his Irishness the more money he gets. Can't blame the lad to be fair and he does look to be in good condition.

In terms of the fight it didn't look as rigged as the last one but who's to say. By all accounts Aldo is a serious operator so the true test of his mouth and all the talk will be in Vegas. I'm actually quite looking forward to it as I think it'll be an intriguing fight... He will be superstar level if he becomes the Champ though which is worrying because he talks an unbelievable amount of shite!

The Iceman

Good night of fights.
Cathal Pendred's fight was close. They matched eachother nearly strike for strike and the judges were swayed by the reaction of the crowd. I had it a draw but it could be argued either way.
Norman Parke looked very ordinary. His striking isn't crisp, he doesn't have the power and he isn't top 10 material and never will be. At the weigh-ins he got a very frosty reception from the real Irish in attendance but he probably didn't do himself any favours with his Ulster flag and OWC comments.....
McGregor looked great - he put on a real exhibition and backed up the hype - I'm excited for the title fight and should make it to Vega in May.

Some fights are awkward and ugly. We've seen them all on the street. In the cage is no different -some lad's styles just clash and it isn't nice to watch. It happens in boxing and all combat sports. It happens in GAA too. If you don't like it don't watch and we'll leave your opinions where they belong on the WWE thread
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on January 19, 2015, 03:14:30 PM
Quote from: annapr on January 19, 2015, 01:55:26 PM

That's it. The more hype he generates and the more he plays on his Irishness the more money he gets. Can't blame the lad to be fair and he does look to be in good condition.

In terms of the fight it didn't look as rigged as the last one but who's to say. By all accounts Aldo is a serious operator so the true test of his mouth and all the talk will be in Vegas. I'm actually quite looking forward to it as I think it'll be an intriguing fight... He will be superstar level if he becomes the Champ though which is worrying because he talks an unbelievable amount of shite!

There are some seriously paranoid ideas on this forum. The way some of ye try to group MMA fans together to make yourselves feel better only makes ye look stupid.

Dominant performance by McGregor. Used his length very well and got out of takedowns effortlessly. Going out to Aldo was a great way of promoting the fight, McGregor is no dummy. He is box office and I certainly will be tuning in for the Aldo fight.

gallsman

Iceman - haven't seen the Pendred fight (and from the reports, I don't think I want to) but none of the three Sherdog scorers gave him so much as a round. I dunno if it's because of some sort of agreement with SBG or because he's McGregor's mate that he keeps getting fights, but he doesn't belong at that level.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on January 19, 2015, 05:08:42 PM
Iceman - haven't seen the Pendred fight (and from the reports, I don't think I want to) but none of the three Sherdog scorers gave him so much as a round. I dunno if it's because of some sort of agreement with SBG or because he's McGregor's mate that he keeps getting fights, but he doesn't belong at that level.
Yeah not sure Gallsman. There is always the need for journeymen on the roster. Pendred is being given every chance to prove himself but falls short every time. He needs a few losses on his record and they'll cut him. In the meantime he will be thrown in with a few new up and comers. He was supposed to lose his fight and the judges messed it up. I think Dana was hoping to get rid of him if you watch the post fight scrum afterwards. These judges are not affiliated with the UFC and mess up regularly with no accountability. I agree he doesn't belong in the UFC on his performances so far. Though he was successful in smaller promotions. He's stuck somewhere in-between.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight