GAA felt bullied over Liam Miller match

Started by seafoid, January 30, 2019, 02:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: BennyCake on January 30, 2019, 06:12:37 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 30, 2019, 04:58:28 PM
The GAA top brass seem to be very poor at understanding the thinking of the average GAA member on the ground or the general public

Yes, and I'm disappointed there wasn't more of a reaction from fans on the price increases.
Too many Dubs and east coast based people running the association the last few years.

Don't think they know what the average member in longford, Cavan or Clare think.
Or how people don't have spare money to spend on GAA games

BennyCake

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 30, 2019, 06:45:39 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 30, 2019, 06:12:37 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 30, 2019, 04:58:28 PM
The GAA top brass seem to be very poor at understanding the thinking of the average GAA member on the ground or the general public

Yes, and I'm disappointed there wasn't more of a reaction from fans on the price increases.
Too many Dubs and east coast based people running the association the last few years.

Don't think they know what the average member in longford, Cavan or Clare think.
Or how people don't have spare money to spend on GAA games

A round of league games with no fans might make them cop on.

snoopdog

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 30, 2019, 04:28:52 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 30, 2019, 04:18:40 PM
The match organisers should have contacted the GAA quietly and asked if they could use PUC. They didn't, it came out in the public, and the media forced the GAA's hand. They had little choice but to allow it. The GAA would have allowed it anyway, but it was the way it was done that wrangles me.

But one thing that's come out of it all, Damian Duff is a wee p***k.

My opinion exactly, 1st paragraph.

Totally agree.

Aaron Boone

The match itself wasn't that good. David May was a liability at the heart of the United defence.

BennyCake

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 30, 2019, 11:25:17 PM
The match itself wasn't that good. David May was a liability at the heart of the United defence.

No more than Jones or Smalling are these days.

Baile Brigín 2

Why reopen this mess? Makes the GAA look a bit snowflakey.

Calling a signed document explicitly allowing this sort of event a 'loophole' doesn't really fill me with confidence

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 31, 2019, 08:05:09 AM

Calling a signed document explicitly allowing this sort of event a 'loophole' doesn't really fill me with confidence

Liam Miller fund should've donated money to help cover the building costs of Pairc ui Chaoimh.

From the Bunker

Quote from: trailer on January 31, 2019, 01:41:54 PM

Liam Miller fund should've donated money to help cover the building costs of Pairc ui Chaoimh.

Was there not a fee acquired for to use the facilities?

spuds

Real stupid comment to reignite any bad blood on all sides. Shows a real lack of judgement. If they felt the GAA were bullied if does not show him and his colleagues up in a great light to have bent to the pressure, either do the right thing or shut up and suck it up.

Too much spin being spouted from HQ in my opinion in last decade or so.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: spuds on January 31, 2019, 03:38:00 PM
Real stupid comment to reignite any bad blood on all sides. Shows a real lack of judgement. If they felt the GAA were bullied if does not show him and his colleagues up in a great light to have bent to the pressure, either do the right thing or shut up and suck it up.

Too much spin being spouted from HQ in my opinion in last decade or so.

Agreed. Absolutely nothing to be gained from bringing this all up again apart from making themselves look bad.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: trailer on January 31, 2019, 01:41:54 PM

They did...

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on January 31, 2019, 09:22:48 AM
Confidence of what?
his ability. The back page of the Indo isnt sparkling judgement either

Captain Scarlet

The key key thing here is why the feck is this being brought up again?
The talk of being bullied and 'public' opinion...by public do they mean GAA members in terms of Newbridge? That a lot of GAA people (the public) also had no issue with the Liam Miller gig.
The public could do with bullying them a bit more and maybe they might listen a bit more.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

johnnycool

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 01, 2019, 12:54:06 PM
The key key thing here is why the feck is this being brought up again?
The talk of being bullied and 'public' opinion...by public do they mean GAA members in terms of Newbridge? That a lot of GAA people (the public) also had no issue with the Liam Miller gig.
The public could do with bullying them a bit more and maybe they might listen a bit more.

He's covering his hole with the "I didn't want to do it, but they made me do it" bullshit.

Grow a set