The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

lurganblue

Watched the cctv footage there. He's a very lucky boy that he didn't hurt someone.

Dearg

Have to admit I fancied Villa to be relegated this season. How foolish of me. They are doing great.
Their 7-2 beating of Liverpool was a particular highlight that stands out.
Grealish is a gem also.

lurganblue

Strong rumours of Coutinho to Villa at this stage.  The Gerrard effect or is the lad desperate for games to get himself into the Brazil world cup team, or a combination of both?  He obviously isnt short of offers from other clubs so i still wouldn't be shocked if he turned his gaze elsewhere in the end.

If he does come, it would be great to have a player of that calibre at Villa park. The hope would be that he is still somewhere near his best.

ziggy90

Quote from: lurganblue on January 06, 2022, 02:35:43 PM
Strong rumours of Coutinho to Villa at this stage.  The Gerrard effect or is the lad desperate for games to get himself into the Brazil world cup team, or a combination of both?  He obviously isnt short of offers from other clubs so i still wouldn't be shocked if he turned his gaze elsewhere in the end.

If he does come, it would be great to have a player of that calibre at Villa park. The hope would be that he is still somewhere near his best.

IF, he does come I'm sure the Vile won't be long in bringing him '"down" to their level...
KRO.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

lurganblue

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 06, 2022, 07:52:26 PM

IF, he does come I'm sure the Vile won't be long in bringing him '"down" to their level...
KRO.

Possibly :)

Done deal anyway.  I dont remember as high a profile signing at the club in manys a year.

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on January 07, 2022, 07:54:26 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on January 07, 2022, 09:52:01 AM

KRO.

Done deal anyway.  I dont remember as high a profile signing at the club in manys a year.
Happy with Stevie G so far? You didn't want him to come if I remember correctly?
Doubt Coutinho would have signed only for Gerrard.

Coutinho has reached another crossroads since his departure from Liverpool.

lurganblue

Quote from: laoislad on January 07, 2022, 07:54:26 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on January 07, 2022, 09:52:01 AM

KRO.

Happy with Stevie G so far? You didn't want him to come if I remember correctly?
Doubt Coutinho would have signed only for Gerrard.

Happy enough so far yeah. I didn't want him cos I thought he was a sideways shift from Smith, who I would have given more time. I think he has won 4 and lost 4 now so the jury is still out of course. Hopefully he turns out to be a big success. He has certainly introduced a different style of play and that appears to have tightened things at the back a bit.

Coutinho certainly wouldn't be at Villa if it wasn't for Gerrard

seafoid

Rangers is Junior C standard. Gerrard has a lot to learn about being a manager.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 20, 2022, 11:23:08 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on October 20, 2022, 11:16:06 PM
Gerrard gone
Should have stayed with Rangers.
He was well matched with that shower. Surprised he didn't stick with them and wait out Klopp. Not sure where he goes now.

Turf

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 21, 2022, 07:46:32 AM
Gerrard gone
He was well matched with that shower. Surprised he didn't stick with them and wait out Klopp. Not sure where he goes now.
Out of interest why were they "well matched" ?
I mean I get it you probably dislike Gerrard for the simple reason he played for Liverpool, and I'm sure you hate Rangers become of some sense of loyalty to Celtic but is that the only reason they were well matched? Or is it just something you spouted without even thinking?
I'm sure to Gerrard they were only a football club where he could start his managerial career, I doubt he is a die hard loyalist or anything.

Turf

Gerrard gone
Should he though? Yeah handy life in a shite league and guaranteed to finish first or second every season.
I suppose he wanted to take a risk and be challenged though which is fair enough, doesn't always work out but I can understand why he took the risk. Always easy for someone to say he should have done different after the event though.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Turf on October 21, 2022, 07:58:45 AM
Gerrard gone
Should he though? Yeah handy life in a shite league and guaranteed to finish first or second every season.
I suppose he wanted to take a risk and be challenged though which is fair enough, doesn't always work out but I can understand why he took the risk. Always easy for someone to say he should have done different after the event though.

I think another season or 2 at Rangers would have suited him. I reckon he would have been better going to a club on the verge of promotion regularly rather than a club looking to push up from the lower levels of the PL. He will be fine though, I reckon he'll see this year out doing punditry and then the likes of Southampton might be where he will end up. I wouldn't see it as a good move but it's a likely move