SHEEDY

Quote from: barnish oggie on January 13, 2022, 04:41:55 PM
Quote from: toby47 on January 13, 2022, 04:29:14 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on January 13, 2022, 11:54:53 AM
Quote from: toby47 on January 13, 2022, 11:50:16 AM
Quote from: barnish oggie on January 13, 2022, 11:35:14 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on January 12, 2022, 05:08:46 PM
Quote from: toby47 on January 12, 2022, 04:26:59 PM
Great that these games are free to watch on the Firestick. Enjoyed the Down & Antrim game last night, very enjoyable game for the time of year.

What channel. I could not get them

yeah i was wondering the same, beo sport is hardly available on the firestick, unless you have an iptv provider that pays for the games surely?

Available on the GaaGo channels on the Firestick

I actually tried the GaaGo  channels i have on mine but none showed Down v Antrim.

I take it you mean iptv and not an offiical app on the firestick?

Yeah IPTV on the firestick. £40 a year - Bargain!!

I will keep an eye out on my iptv at the weekend, although i am surprised GAAGo can show them live when Beo Sport are the ones streaming it and charging for it.

Maybe just your one the guy that runs it pays for Beo Sport as part of it, which is pretty good!
watched Armagh Monaghan match through the firestick on beosport channel, never missed a beat. Great match as well.
nil satis nisi optimum

Itchy

Some day Geezer will get Armagh to a final. Probably in 2028.

the goal was on

Quote from: Itchy on January 18, 2022, 09:46:39 PM
Some day Geezer will get Armagh to a final. Probably in 2028.

Might be too early, he reckons 2030 , peter Canavan in as forwards coach since 2026 but needs more time for them to adapt his ideas

lurganblue

Nothing has changed then really. Armagh repeatedly fouling Monaghan players in scoring positions. My god it's frustrating. Also, last few mins. Get a score and don't press up on their kickout. Repeatedly let Monaghan have free possession with the game in the melting pot. 

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: lurganblue on January 18, 2022, 10:43:54 PM
Nothing has changed then really. Armagh repeatedly fouling Monaghan players in scoring positions. My god it's frustrating. Also, last few mins. Get a score and don't press up on their kickout. Repeatedly let Monaghan have free possession with the game in the melting pot.

Score count from frees was 7-7, so maybe not just Armagh who should be concerned with fouling.

But with about 20 substitutions between both teams, including the removal of key players while the game was in the melting pot, this was a challenge game in all but name. Just miles in the legs for men before the league begins.

So a bit daft to try to analyse much from it. The league game between the two sides will be massive, with the loser really having their work cut out to stay up. That game is just a month away, and there was plenty of powder to be kept dry in advance of it.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

J70

Martin McHugh was hoping for Monaghan in the Highland commentary.

Nothing to do with Monaghan or the McKenna Cup per se.

Just didn't want to play Armagh when we've already two meaningful games lined up against them in the coming months.

Main Street

Well regardless of the motive, it feels just nice to be wanted in these hard times.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on January 19, 2022, 01:03:22 AM
Well regardless of the motive, it feels just nice to be wanted in these hard times.

;D

lurganblue

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on January 18, 2022, 11:39:33 PM

Score count from frees was 7-7, so maybe not just Armagh who should be concerned with fouling.

But with about 20 substitutions between both teams, including the removal of key players while the game was in the melting pot, this was a challenge game in all but name. Just miles in the legs for men before the league begins.

So a bit daft to try to analyse much from it. The league game between the two sides will be massive, with the loser really having their work cut out to stay up. That game is just a month away, and there was plenty of powder to be kept dry in advance of it.

I dont know.  Every game is there to be won, glorified friendly or not.  Lessons to be learned for players and coaches alike.  Years and years of persistent fouling by the Armagh team should not be dismissed because of the occasion IMO. There are no signs that this is being addressed.

I live in hope for an improvement in the league then.

That being said there were some very good performances on the night.  Midfield and Forwards still look strong, with Turbitt also still to join for the league. 

skeog

The Mc Kenna Cup serves a purpose for getting ready for the season they are glorified challenge games.

tiempo

Quote from: skeog on January 19, 2022, 09:37:19 AM
The Mc Kenna Cup serves a purpose for getting ready for the season they are glorified challenge games.

Its either a competition or its not, its either a challenge game or its not
Armagh compete for 4 trophies this year, McKenna Cup, National League, Ulster and Sam
Winning is a habit and has to start somewhere

twohands!!!

Quote from: lurganblue on January 19, 2022, 09:28:09 AM
Quote from: Ed Ricketts on January 18, 2022, 11:39:33 PM

I dont know.  Every game is there to be won, glorified friendly or not.  Lessons to be learned for players and coaches alike.  Years and years of persistent fouling by the Armagh team should not be dismissed because of the occasion IMO. There are no signs that this is being addressed.

I live in hope for an improvement in the league then.

That being said there were some very good performances on the night.  Midfield and Forwards still look strong, with Turbitt also still to join for the league.

God love your optimism - I'd say there isn't a hope in hell that Armagh's culture of persistent fouling/awful tackling will change until Geezer moves on.

twohands!!!

Brave decision by Monaghan not to use any subs.

twohands!!!

Captain Obvious

Monaghan have full control of this final and six ahead at half time. .

Why did Donegal keep Declan Bonner on for yet another year? They have a pick as good as any team in Ulster however won't get close to reaching their potential with Bonner in charge.