McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2022, 09:35:10 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on January 06, 2022, 11:35:12 PM
I was able to watch it for free through the ulster gaa twitter link. The twitter browser didn't ask for payment just loaded the link directly. Cavan missed some serious goal chances, great soccer pass by O'Neill to release McQuillan for the goal with last kick of game.

Cavan should have won that game by 4/5 points such were the chances they missed. That doesn't augur well for Armagh who came out with quite a strong lineup. For Cavan we are still struggling to unearth new players.

Both teams missed a glut of chances and could easily have scored 3 or 4 goals each albeit Cavans all came in quick succession and likely would have had a far bigger impact on the game had they been taken. Some of what Armagh did against a packed defence was good but a lot was ultimately let down by poor decision making.

Defensively Armagh looked alright when they got their defensive structure in place but were very poor when that broke down with players really struggling when having to defend one on one. I thought it was a decent enough game given the conditions and time of year. Don't see Cavan having a hard time in Div 4 this year. Armagh will need to improve to stay in Div 1 though.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Real Talk

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 06, 2022, 11:57:41 PM
I meant paying to actually attend the game, do tickets need bought in advance?

Its most likely prep paid ticket only ... not 100% sure

yellowcard

The weak spot for Armagh has been obvious for a few seasons now and that is the lack of good defenders, particularly a defensive general at 3 and 6. I didn't see the game last night but barring Ciaran Mackin there were no new players trialled last night. if they aren't trialled in McKenna cup games then you would presume that there is little new talent coming into the team this season.

I would like to see McCambridge and Heffron from CE given a chance. Maybe they are still resting after a long club season but those 2 players have the ability to step up if they are able to commit. I'm not sure if there are many others within the county but defenders are what is badly needed.

lurganblue

Watched the brief highlights of the Armagh v Cavan match on youtube there.  McKiernan with the freedom of the park it seems.

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on January 07, 2022, 01:05:59 PM
The weak spot for Armagh has been obvious for a few seasons now and that is the lack of good defenders, particularly a defensive general at 3 and 6. I didn't see the game last night but barring Ciaran Mackin there were no new players trialled last night. if they aren't trialled in McKenna cup games then you would presume that there is little new talent coming into the team this season.

I would like to see McCambridge and Heffron from CE given a chance. Maybe they are still resting after a long club season but those 2 players have the ability to step up if they are able to commit. I'm not sure if there are many others within the county but defenders are what is badly needed.
Yeah didnt see the game myself but the 2 CE lads you mentioned would definitely improve the defence. Kennedy is a big loss.

omagh_gael

You can watch the Derry and Monaghan game for free whilst using the twitter browser through ulster gaa page

restorepride

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 07, 2022, 07:33:53 PM
You can watch the Derry and Monaghan game for free whilst using the twitter browser through ulster gaa page
It was just £10 on beospórt.

Blowitupref

An error that they don't realise while linking stream?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

David McKeown

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 07, 2022, 11:44:04 PM

I don't know I noticed it only worked for me and my dad on certain versions of the browser
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Dire Ear

Down made 7 subs in their game; is that new?

Jimmy

Unlimited subs in the McKenna cup. I assume the same for all the pre-season competitions.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Jimmy on January 09, 2022, 04:00:05 PM
Unlimited subs in the McKenna cup. I assume the same for all the pre-season competitions.

Yeah - it's either unlimited or a very generous amount of subs in the pre-season competitions.

Rossfan

Quote from: Jimmy on January 09, 2022, 04:00:05 PM
All 11 can be used in FBD.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: David McKeown on January 08, 2022, 10:36:38 AM

I don't know I noticed it only worked for me and my dad on certain versions of the browser
Not working for me tonight anyway.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

CK_Redhand

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 11, 2022, 08:31:26 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on January 08, 2022, 10:36:38 AM

Not working for me tonight anyway.
Working for me. I clicked the 'login' link instead of the 'buy' link. Maybe it's working because I already have an account. Pretty sure I'm not being charged for this tonight.

On the game itself, very pedestrian and cavan well worth their 8 points to 2 lead at the water break.