Leinster Senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 16, 2024, 04:35:00 PMThere is a lot of back and forth re Dublin who I think we should all admit would dominate any province. They are dominating the All-Ireland long enough so it's fair to say their depth would manage Ulster too.

But, that doesn't excuse Kildare and Meath especially. They should be up and around Div 1 or solid Div 2. I know lads are saying when we are waiting to be hammered in Leinster it breeds a bad vibe, but the league is something different and Kildare were annihilated by Cork and Derry last year. That is not excuseable.

There will be a reset and some fresh blood on the pitch and on the line next year, but the Dubs are going nowhere!

It does create a bad vibe. And you can't just switch that on or off for league football.

When people argued that Dublin benefitted from financial advantages 5 years back we were told that it was a once in a life time team. That we should laud them while they are here. How does that argument stack up now?

Armagh18

Quote from: mup on April 19, 2024, 10:03:28 AM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 16, 2024, 04:35:00 PMThere is a lot of back and forth re Dublin who I think we should all admit would dominate any province. They are dominating the All-Ireland long enough so it's fair to say their depth would manage Ulster too.

But, that doesn't excuse Kildare and Meath especially. They should be up and around Div 1 or solid Div 2. I know lads are saying when we are waiting to be hammered in Leinster it breeds a bad vibe, but the league is something different and Kildare were annihilated by Cork and Derry last year. That is not excuseable.

There will be a reset and some fresh blood on the pitch and on the line next year, but the Dubs are going nowhere!

It does create a bad vibe. And you can't just switch that on or off for league football.

When people argued that Dublin benefitted from financial advantages 5 years back we were told that it was a once in a life time team. That we should laud them while they are here. How does that argument stack up now?
Are they that far ahead? A Monaghan team on its last legs ran then close last year, a Kerry team thats good but nothing special ran them close in the final with their main man having an off day. Derry drew with them in the league final.  Outside the old guard they are a very good but not unbelievable side.

Captain Scarlet

I can honestly say that Kildare people give out about Dublin getting money, but many will admit that we wouldn't spend it well even if theyt threw millions at us.

Like all the money kicking around in 98-2000 and we had the absoilute worst grounds in the country. We did build a centre of excellence eventually.

Then we see that Conleths is finally getting done up, but there are images where some seats will have near zero visibility of the pitch! I hope that's wrong...

Also Kildare chat highlights the lack of quality pundits. They know some names like Dan Flynn and then say we have good players, but iof they watched any of our games you'd know he has been unfit for 2 years and playing poorly.

Like Louth are no great shakes and Ger Brennan was a bad club manager in Kildare, so the Dubs being what they are does not excuse us losing to them.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Jell 0 Biafra

I'd say it stacks up pretty well.  They weren't winning All-Irelands during the time Cluxton, McCaffrey and Manion were on hiatus.  All of those three, along with Fitzsimons and McCarthy will be gone soon enough. 

From the Bunker

The Dublin Dominance is not just the players, it's the constant of playing at home for the Championship in Croke Park. Players getting up in their own beds, short travel to game, familiarity with the ground-staff, Familiarity of Dressing room, Familiarity of the pitch, Crowd influencing Referee decisions, Superior Crowd getting behind the players, the Hill, the Songs being played before the Match and at half time over the PA, the PA announcer, Familiarity of Match day rituals of Croke Park. The list goes on.

tonto1888

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 19, 2024, 10:38:38 AM

Are they that far ahead? A Monaghan team on its last legs ran then close last year, a Kerry team thats good but nothing special ran them close in the final with their main man having an off day. Derry drew with them in the league final.  Outside the old guard they are a very good but not unbelievable side.

Derry beat them in the league final

armaghniac

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 20, 2024, 06:38:12 PMDerry beat them in the league final

They beat them in the penalty shootout, they drew the game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tonto1888

Quote from: armaghniac on April 20, 2024, 07:27:12 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 20, 2024, 06:38:12 PMDerry beat them in the league final

They beat them in the penalty shootout, they drew the game.

They won the match. They beat them

Armagh18

Aw who really cares. You know exactly what I'm saying

Dunneroyal

I have a problem with who sponsors a team having an input into who manages the team. I find that worrying, I know it's gone on for years and years. But it's very worrying. Look at cork and Sligo this weekend. Meath can't do that. Why ? If we draw say Kerry and Galway in championship they will hammer us.  We need a total wipeout of every delegate and official at cb and at management. Start all over. That's our only hope
Hon the royal

Blowitupref

Dublin have won 9 All-Irelands and 16 Leinster titles since they last met Offaly in the championship. (2007)

Teams named for the two semi finals.

DUBLIN:
Stephen Cluxton;
Seán MacMahon, Michael Fitzsimons, Eoin Murchan;
Brian Howard, John Small, Cian Murphy;
Brian Fenton, Tom Lahiff;
Ross McGarry, Ciaran Kilkenny, Niall Scully;
Paul Mannion, Con O'Callaghan, Colm Basquel.

Subs: David O'Hanlon, Seán Bugler, Theo Clancy, Cormac Costello, James McCarthy, Killian McGinnis, Daire Newcombe, Peadar Ó Cofaigh Byrne, Lorcan O'Dell, Killian O'Gara, Paddy Small

OFFALY:
Ian Duffy;
Lee Pearson, David Dempsey, John Furlong;
Cormac Egan, Declan Hogan, Peter Cunningham;
 Eoin Carroll, Jack McEvoy;
Dylan Hyland, Ruairi McNamee, Jordan Hayes;
Nathan Poland, Keith O'Neill, Jack Bryant.

Subs: Mikey Cunningham, Diarmuid Finneran, Jack O'Brien, Daire McDaid, Rory Egan, Cathal Flynn, Kevin McDermott, Dan Molloy, Nigel Dunne, Cian Farrell, Cathal Donoghue

KILDARE:
Mark Donnellan;
Ryan Burke, Shea Ryan, Mick O'Grady;
Jack Sargent, Eoin Doyle, Paddy McDermott;
Aaron Masterson, Alex Beirne;
Paddy Woodgate, Niall Kelly, Shane Farrell;
Kevin Feely, Darragh Kirwan, Daniel Flynn.

Subs: Didier Cordonnier, Tony Archbold, Brian Byrne, Barry Coffey, Ryan Houlihan, Barry Kelly, Luke Killian, Sam McCormack, Kevin O'Callaghan, Harry O'Neill, Shane O'Sullivan.

LOUTH:
Niall McDonnell;
Donal McKenny, Dermot Campbell, Peter Lynch;
Conall Mc Keever, Anthony Williams, Leonard Grey;
Tommy Durnin, Ciaran Murphy;
Tom Jackson, Ciaran Keenan, Conor Grimes;
 Ryan Burns, Sam Mulroy, Ciaran Downey.

Subs: Craig Lynch, Chris O'Neill, Peter Mc Stravick, Liam Jackson, Dan Corcoran, Bevan Duffy, Niall Sharkey, Wayne Campbell, Jay Hughes, Conor Early, Paul Mathew
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mup

Zero interest in the semi finals this weekend. Proof if anymore was needed that its a pointless competition