Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 20, 2021, 07:25:03 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 20, 2021, 07:09:51 PM
They will making an attempt for Zidane according to Palmeri.

Seen that alright. I do feel for Ole, he looked broken today in the post match interview.
Give it to Giggsy until the end of the season..
Oh wait..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jeepers Creepers

Getting in early #zidaneout

Hound

Bruno has been a disgrace the last 3 games. Absolutely awful.

dec

Man U have been crap since Ronaldo came back.

Hound

Quote from: dec on November 20, 2021, 08:15:16 PM
Man U have been crap since Ronaldo came back.
That's 2+2=5

Ronaldo is playing reasonably and has scored some crucial goals (incl some great goals).  Rashford hit and miss. Sancho mostly miss. Greenwood was playing really well but dipped recently. Fernandes awful, has taken his form for big game into all games. Martial was an absolute disgrace today and Ole's biggest mistake today was having him on the bench and using him.

The problem is the system. Playing just 2 midfielders in most games. Of course they get dominated, and while the two are mediocre players, they then get extra blame because they have to carry Bruno and/or Pogba.

Capt Pat

Come on give him another chance. Remember the PSG game. He will come good eventually.

rodney trotter

Seen that alright. I do feel for Ole, he looked broken today in the post match interview.

I don't feel sorry for him myself. I lost faith in Ole after they lost the Europa League final, set up United poorly. He decided to keep Lingard and doesn't play him, barely played Van De Beek when he paid over 40 million.

Spent 80 million on Harry Maguire when there was probaly better players in Europe for half the money.

Tony Baloney

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 20, 2021, 10:28:56 PM

I don't feel sorry for him myself. I lost faith in Ole after they lost the Europa League final, set up United poorly. He decided to keep Lingard and doesn't play him, barely played Van De Beek when he paid over 40 million.

Spent 80 million on Harry Maguire when there was probaly better players in Europe for half the money.

Didn't buy a defensive midfielder.
Didn't deal with Pogba.
What changed it for me was champions League when he kept Fred on when everyone else on the planet saw the red card coming. That's when I realised he was actually a bit thick.

Helix.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 20, 2021, 10:36:14 PM
Gone.

The Times and Fabrizio Romano more or less confirming he's gone. Will probably be official overnight. Will be interesting who comes next.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 20, 2021, 10:28:56 PM

Lingard ridiculous wages would be one reason why it was difficult to get rid of him. It's Woodward that does the spending his buddy Matt Judge does the negotiations on transfers fees and contracts. Biggest fault on Maguire by Solskjaer was giving him the captains armband and refusing to drop him this season.

Lack of game time for De Beek gives a indication that Ole wasn't in favour of that signing or didn't impress enough whenever he played.

Not dealing with Pogba who will likely go for free and not signing a good quality defensive midfielder was pure incompetence from the board.

tiempo

Fancy a wee protest at the next game, maybe inspire a cancellation if anyone wants to join

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/11/20/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-brink-man-utd-sack-david-de-gea-admits/

The former Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher is poised to take temporary charge of the club's Champions League tie against Villarreal on Tuesday as the curtain comes down on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's reign following a crushing 4-1 defeat at Watford.

Telegraph Sport understands that Fletcher, 37, who was installed as the club's technical director in March following a stint on the academy and first team coaching staff will be the interim manager when Solskjaer is relieved of his duties in the next 48 hours.

United have taken just four points from the last available 21 in the Premier League and are now in a battle to finish in the top four. Many of the candidates United have considered previously are currently in jobs. One available option is Zinedine Zidane, winner of three Champions Leagues with Real Madrid between 2016 and 2018 and currently out of work. There is admiration for the Paris Saint-Germain coach Mauricio Pochettino, Brendan Rodgers of Leicester and Ajax's Erik ten Hag.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on November 21, 2021, 05:16:20 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/11/20/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-brink-man-utd-sack-david-de-gea-admits/

The former Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher is poised to take temporary charge of the club's Champions League tie against Villarreal on Tuesday as the curtain comes down on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's reign following a crushing 4-1 defeat at Watford.

Telegraph Sport understands that Fletcher, 37, who was installed as the club's technical director in March following a stint on the academy and first team coaching staff will be the interim manager when Solskjaer is relieved of his duties in the next 48 hours.

United have taken just four points from the last available 21 in the Premier League and are now in a battle to finish in the top four. Many of the candidates United have considered previously are currently in jobs. One available option is Zinedine Zidane, winner of three Champions Leagues with Real Madrid between 2016 and 2018 and currently out of work. There is admiration for the Paris Saint-Germain coach Mauricio Pochettino, Brendan Rodgers of Leicester and Ajax's Erik ten Hag.

Don't worry, the board will fcuk up this appointment too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

They could have gone for Conte but they took their time.
They need to change the paradigm. All of the managers since Fergie have failed. The fans have been very patient.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU