Football All stars 2021

Started by hoynevalley, August 17, 2021, 07:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Can any Kerry players seriously be considered for an all star outside of Clifford? They bate nobody. One game they were asked to turn up and they didn't. Hard to make a case for any of them really.

RedHand88

Quote from: Cobra on August 29, 2021, 10:50:26 AM
Can any Kerry players seriously be considered for an all star outside of Clifford? They bate nobody. One game they were asked to turn up and they didn't. Hard to make a case for any of them really.

No.

yellowcard

Definites: McGeary, Ruane, Meyler
Probables: Hampsey, O'Hora, Donnelly
Token Kerry: Clifford
Token Dublin: Kilkenny
Outside chances: Fitzsimmons, Tom O'Sullivan, White, P Clifford & Sean O'Shea

The rest to be decided based on AI final performance.

CK_Redhand

Is this based on current odds? From a Tyrone point of view I'd have Hampsey slightly above Meyler and Mccurry ahead of Donnelly. All depends on the position switching too I suppose.

knockitdown

hoynevalley

Quote from: knockitdown on August 30, 2021, 07:27:46 PM
Hard to pick a goalkeeper

Robert Hennelly .Morgan played himself out of team Saturday.

CK_Redhand

It's a strange one as I see Morgan is at 20/1 for player of the year but Hennelly isn't listed. I can't see odds for all-star. It kind of makes sense though as Morgan s unpredictable and could play a blinder and be the match winner in the final whereas hennelly is more solid and looks safer for an all-star.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: CK_Redhand on August 30, 2021, 08:03:59 PM
It's a strange one as I see Morgan is at 20/1 for player of the year but Hennelly isn't listed. I can't see odds for all-star. It kind of makes sense though as Morgan s unpredictable and could play a blinder and be the match winner in the final whereas hennelly is more solid and looks safer for an all-star.

I had a similar thought re: Morgan. He could be the winning or the losing of the game
Hasta la victoria siempre

imtommygunn

Morgan a certainty now I would suspect.

Estimator

Not too many Mayo men put their hand up for one today.
Morgan, McNamee, Hampsey, McGeary, Harte, Meyler, McCurry and McKenna all enhanced their chances. Outside chance for McShane despite not starting a C'ship game this year.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Estimator

Sunday game team of the year:

GOALKEEPER
Niall Morgan - Tyrone

BACKS
Paddy Durcan - Mayo

Lee Keegan - Mayo

Padraig Hampsey - Tyrone

Niall Sludden - Tyrone

Kieran McGeary - Tyrone

Peter Harte - Tyrone

MIDFIELD
Matthew Ruane - Mayo

Conn Kilpatrick - Tyrone

FORWARDS
Conor Meyler - Tyrone

Paudie Clifford - Kerry

Ciaran Kilkenny - Dublin

Darren McCurry - Tyrone

David Clifford - Kerry

Tommy Conroy - Mayo
Ulster League Champions 2009

Maroon Manc

Paudie Clifford certainly shouldn't be getting an All Star for his performances against second rate opposition in Cork & Tipp, would be ridiculous.

CK_Redhand

Similar picks for RTE and Sky. Generous awards for Kilpatrick  and Flynn IMO. Plenty of others in contention but they can only pick 15 I suppose.