Dublin 2011 to 2020 Those were the days my friend…..AKA COYBIB

Started by The Hill is Blue, August 17, 2021, 04:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

I think the behaviour at the weekend will always leave an asterix over this Dublin team, not to mention the fact they are given a bye to the latter stages of the championship every single year.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 18, 2021, 12:18:06 PM
I think the behaviour at the weekend will always leave an asterix over this Dublin team, not to mention the fact they are given a bye to the latter stages of the championship every single year.
I highly doubt it will. Try harder at this fishing craic, Dublin are angels compared to the good Tyrone teams back in the day.

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 18, 2021, 12:20:14 PM
I highly doubt it will. Try harder at this fishing craic, Dublin are angels compared to the good Tyrone teams back in the day.

Do tyrone live rent free in every armagh man's head or just yours? It's been nearly two decades since armagh give tyrone a game, get over it  ::)

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 18, 2021, 12:28:42 PM

Do tyrone live rent free in every armagh man's head or just yours? It's been nearly two decades since armagh give tyrone a game, get over it  ::)
Only slagging sure nice boys win f**k all as they say. We're getting closer but yous are improving as well unfortunately. Would love to play ye in Ulster next year.

toby47

Anyone want to pick the best 15 made up of dublin players from 2010-2020?

Armagh18

Quote from: toby47 on August 18, 2021, 12:42:30 PM
Cluxton, Fenton, Rock, McCarthy, McCaffrey, Brogan, Rock and Con all nailed on. Probably forgot an obvious one or two. Thats not a simple question.

maddog

2 decades ? See to remember a very average Armagh side knocking Tyrone out in Omagh in 2014. Tyrone would love to think we hate them. We dont. We reserve any bad feeling we have for the red and black. I kind of like Tyrone. Get over it.

imtommygunn

Defense easier than attack. That's a hard selection to be honest...

Cluxton
Fitzsimmons
O'Carroll
McMahon
Small
O'Sullivan
McCaffrey
Fenton
McCarthy
Connolly
Kilkenny
Flynn
Bernard Brogan
O'Callaghan
Dean Rock

RedHand88

Quote from: maddog on August 18, 2021, 12:46:55 PM

2 decades ? See to remember a very average Armagh side knocking Tyrone out in Omagh in 2014. Tyrone would love to think we hate them. We dont. We reserve any bad feeling we have for the red and black. I kind of like Tyrone. Get over it.

Forgot about 2014 actually. We never got going that day at all.

BennyCake

That 2014 qualifier win in Omagh obviously doesn't count then?  ;)

Edit: just seen maddog already touched on this.

BennyCake

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 18, 2021, 12:52:02 PM
Quote from: maddog on August 18, 2021, 12:46:55 PM

Forgot about 2014 actually. We never got going that day at all.

Ah right, well that's alright then. We won't count that one. Two decades it is then  ;D

toby47

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 18, 2021, 12:45:53 PM
Quote from: toby47 on August 18, 2021, 12:42:30 PM
Cluxton, Fenton, Rock, McCarthy, McCaffrey, Brogan, Rock and Con all nailed on. Probably forgot an obvious one or two. Thats not a simple question.

I'd have Cluxton, Paul Flynn, Philly McMahon, Fenton, McCaffrey, McCarthy, Cian O'Sullivan, Brogan, Kilkenny & Rock in the group that are nailed on.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 18, 2021, 12:49:41 PM

Cluxton
Fitzsimmons
O'Carroll
McMahon
Small
O'Sullivan
McCaffrey
Fenton
McCarthy
Connolly
Kilkenny
Flynn
Bernard Brogan
O'Callaghan
Dean Rock

It's not easy to pick a better one than that.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Rawhide

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 18, 2021, 01:08:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 18, 2021, 12:49:41 PM

Cluxton
Fitzsimmons
O'Carroll
McMahon
Small
O'Sullivan
McCaffrey
Fenton
McCarthy
Connolly
Kilkenny
Flynn
Bernard Brogan
O'Callaghan
Dean Rock

It's not easy to pick a better one than that.

Did that 15 every actually played together? Don't think it as Flynn & O Carroll had gone before Con arrived?
cccc is a true supporter lol