AI Minor Championship 2021

Started by omagh_gael, August 15, 2021, 01:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

This has the makings of a very good game.

Blowitupref

1st water break 18 minutes played. Good game thus far 1-4 each.

Half time Meath 1-7 Tyrone 1-6.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

2nd water break 47 minutes played. Meath 1-11 Tyrone 1-8
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Westside

imtommygunn

Meath just that wee bit better.  Good game between two good teams. Tyrone need to take more of their chances.

Blowitupref

Meath 1-11 Tyrone 1-10 with 3 minutes of normal time to play.

Level game after a number of Tyrone wides. 1-11 each. 1 minute of injury time to play

Some drama at the end, Tyrone miss a free to bring the game into injury time.

FT Meath 1-12 Tyrone 1-11. On the evidence of the two semi finals I couldn't see past Tyrone but credit to Meath they were superb today and fully deserved their win a first minor All-Ireland title since 1992.

tyrone08

All tyrone in final 15 min. However they are putting on an exhibition on how not to shoot

nrico2006

Tyrone didn't deserve it with that crap at the end.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

Shame to see a minor team lose with misses like that as it haunts boys. Two very good teams. That Meath defense was very good and the number two was some warrior.

SHEEDY

Great game. Meath just about done enough but how many chances did Tyrone need
nil satis nisi optimum

clarshack

What was the wide count for Tyrone? Some crazy shot selections, and we missed that much that I wasn't confident of that last free going over.

CK_Redhand

Meath the better team. They hit some wides themselves but tyrones were brutal

tyrone08

Unfortunately for tyrone they lost it for themselves. Couldn't believe the amount of wides and short balls in the last 10 mins. They are a good young team, hopefully they will learn from this.

imtommygunn

Wide count was 13 12 very near the end. I think Tyrone had maybe two more. It wasn't that they were wides it was more where they were from.

Some good players both sides.

tyrone08

Quote from: CK_Redhand on August 28, 2021, 02:30:32 PM
Meath the better team. They hit some wides themselves but tyrones were brutal
[/quote
Wouldn't have said meath were the better team at all. Tyrone literally kicked themselves out of it. Should have been 3 or 4 in front in the last few minutes.