No, the Dubs will be given even more money
12 (24.5%)
It doesn't matter Mayo won't win it anyway
6 (12.2%)
It's Tyrone's fault
25 (51%)

Total Members Voted: 49

The Hill is Blue

Not much talk now from the usual suspects about the Thousand Year Reich and Dublin's twenty All Irelands in a row. Everyone now seems to agree that we have indeed been looking at a golden generation of players.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Armamike

Even the Dubs must have been getting a little bored with it!  Not winning it again this year might re-energise them a bit.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Itchy

Quote from: dublin7 on August 18, 2021, 09:24:24 AM
Quote from: Itchy on August 17, 2021, 11:10:54 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 17, 2021, 11:06:12 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 16, 2021, 12:21:50 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 15, 2021, 10:59:47 PM
Nah the Death Star took out. But the Empire could Strike back next year, leading up to the concluding trilogy  ;lol 😂

You only have to look at the Taliban and their comeback.

The Taliban did it on their own. Dublin couldn't despite a tenfold numerical advatage until they were given millions by Bertie and the GAA.

Totally wrong. Taliban did a deal with Trump, Dublin did a deal with Bertie. Taliban fond of beheading and Dublin were trying a bit of beheading at the weekend too. Taliban are sponsored by Toyota Hilux, Dublin also sponsored by Toyota

https://www.toyotasandyford.ie/pages/news/toyota-article/world-of-toyota/articles-news-events/2014/Toyota-Announces-Three-Year-Partnership-with-Dublin-GAA.json#:~:text=Toyota%20Ireland%20is%20delighted%20to,car%20partner%20to%20Dublin%20GAA.

It remains to be seen if the Taliban sweep out dressing rooms but I think the comparison above is perfect.

The taliban after being defeated in Afghanistan have come back and now rule the country. Great comparison Itchy. Like you I hope the dubs can come back and reclaim their throne

I don't doubt it, like Afghanistan just got a short reprieve from the Taliban I think the dubs will be back very soon.

dublin7

Quote from: Itchy on August 18, 2021, 12:14:36 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 18, 2021, 09:24:24 AM
Quote from: Itchy on August 17, 2021, 11:10:54 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 17, 2021, 11:06:12 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 16, 2021, 12:21:50 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 15, 2021, 10:59:47 PM
Nah the Death Star took out. But the Empire could Strike back next year, leading up to the concluding trilogy  ;lol 😂

You only have to look at the Taliban and their comeback.

The Taliban did it on their own. Dublin couldn't despite a tenfold numerical advatage until they were given millions by Bertie and the GAA.

Totally wrong. Taliban did a deal with Trump, Dublin did a deal with Bertie. Taliban fond of beheading and Dublin were trying a bit of beheading at the weekend too. Taliban are sponsored by Toyota Hilux, Dublin also sponsored by Toyota

https://www.toyotasandyford.ie/pages/news/toyota-article/world-of-toyota/articles-news-events/2014/Toyota-Announces-Three-Year-Partnership-with-Dublin-GAA.json#:~:text=Toyota%20Ireland%20is%20delighted%20to,car%20partner%20to%20Dublin%20GAA.

It remains to be seen if the Taliban sweep out dressing rooms but I think the comparison above is perfect.

The taliban after being defeated in Afghanistan have come back and now rule the country. Great comparison Itchy. Like you I hope the dubs can come back and reclaim their throne

I don't doubt it, like Afghanistan just got a short reprieve from the Taliban I think the dubs will be back very soon.

They're going to be in All Ireland qtr finals/semi finals every year so they're still going to be there or there abouts. 5 in a row was the target and last year with the shortened season meant a 6th.

These lads have pocketfuls of all Irelands/league titles and the hunger just isn't there anymore. Mannion quit the panel last year. Kevin Mac went to the Olympics with the boxers and Philly has been travelling Europe with Bohs the last few months. They have other priorities now and football is no longer the number 1. I doubt Kerry or Mayo for example had any issues with players putting anything else above football this summer.

Winning 7 in a row would have been great but its hard to motivate lads if that's there only target. There is a still a strong first 15 there but they need to find some young blood to strengthen the overall panel. The league will be interesting next year to see what young players are introduced.

Hound

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 18, 2021, 10:15:29 AM
Not much talk now from the usual suspects about the Thousand Year Reich and Dublin's twenty All Irelands in a row. Everyone now seems to agree that we have indeed been looking at a golden generation of players.
I think they could well be outdone by Limerick's golden generation in the hurling. Consecutive All Ireland finals with 10+ point wins. There doesn't seem to be any Kerry or Mayo within very close striking distance like the Dubs almost always had.

Difficult to predict how long Limerick's dominance will last, but 5 in a row certainly on the cards.

Armagh18

Quote from: Hound on August 23, 2021, 08:46:05 AM
I think they could well be outdone by Limerick's golden generation in the hurling. Consecutive All Ireland finals with 10+ point wins. There doesn't seem to be any Kerry or Mayo within very close striking distance like the Dubs almost always had.

Difficult to predict how long Limerick's dominance will last, but 5 in a row certainly on the cards.
Cork seem to be moving the right way with their underage teams, obviously depends on how those lads step up to senior but will obviously be a few years yet. Bulk of that Limerick team wouldn't be too old either would it?

Hound

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 24, 2021, 07:53:49 AM

Cork seem to be moving the right way with their underage teams, obviously depends on how those lads step up to senior but will obviously be a few years yet. Bulk of that Limerick team wouldn't be too old either would it?
Certainly a lot of promise in Cork, but Limerick are an absolute class apart.
The danger is it might be nearly too easy for them and they may not be able to keep the focus on year-after-year the way the Dubs did.

I wonder are people on hurling forums saying Limerick are destroying hurling and it's JP that somehow turned them into a squad of magnificent hurlers, like morons on here saying Bertie turned the Dubs into world beaters 😀

johnnycool

Quote from: Hound on August 24, 2021, 09:42:25 AM

The danger is it might be nearly too easy for them and they may not be able to keep the focus on year-after-year the way the Dubs did.

I wonder are people on hurling forums saying Limerick are destroying hurling and it's JP that somehow turned them into a squad of magnificent hurlers, like morons on here saying Bertie turned the Dubs into world beaters 😀

JP used his own money but Bertie didn't even have a bank account  ;D

Seriously though Limerick are so dominant and it's not good for the sport and with the professionalism you hear coming out of the Limerick camp it's hard to see how the other counties can compete and I include Cork in that as I need to tweak their style of play. Doesn't matter how fast you can run if you can't win the ball.

The'y give Munster rugby a good go at the oval ball game ffs. The size of them is unreal.

Hound

Quote from: johnnycool on August 24, 2021, 09:49:47 AM

JP used his own money but Bertie didn't even have a bank account  ;D

Seriously though Limerick are so dominant and it's not good for the sport and with the professionalism you hear coming out of the Limerick camp it's hard to see how the other counties can compete and I include Cork in that as I need to tweak their style of play. Doesn't matter how fast you can run if you can't win the ball.

The'y give Munster rugby a good go at the oval ball game ffs. The size of them is unreal.
Yep, but also Limerick had years of underage success and some really top notch club teams, so I'd imagine their club scene is very competitive.

larryin89

Ffs man , do you think it's just coincidence,  that financial doping of Dublin,  jps money into limerick and the two panels were exceptional in s&c .

Even Lowery's few quid paying off in offally.

Why are people in denial about funding been a factor?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

To stop Limerick dominating the Hurley stuff Cork with 3 times Limerick's population need to get the finger out.
Their Co Board needs to go to the Cork Taoiseach, tell him it will be the end of hurling if Cork aren't winning a scatter of AIs every decade and ask for an oul dig out€€€€.
Then tell GAA HQ hurling will die if there isn't a successful Cork hurling team. And ask for twice as much €€€€ per player as any other County.
Then get all their Championship games played at home!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

Quote from: larryin89 on August 24, 2021, 10:06:51 AM

Ffs man , do you think it's just coincidence,  that financial doping of Dublin,  jps money into limerick and the two panels were exceptional in s&c .

Even Lowery's few quid paying off in offally.

Why are people in denial about funding been a factor?
Yep, excellent point on Shane's millions turning Offaly's youngsters into the best in the country in the space of a few weeks.
And all the money Inda threw into Mayo to keep them at the top for over a decade. Supposed to be a once in a generation team, but they keep churning out new players every year.  Must be the money, there can no other reason. 
And presumably it was the Healy Raes who ensured Kerry won an unprecedented 5 minors in a row, which is actually harder than doing it at senior level, given the player turnover. 

twohands!!!

Quote from: Rossfan on August 24, 2021, 12:20:44 PM
To stop Limerick dominating the Hurley stuff Cork with 3 times Limerick's population need to get the finger out.
Their Co Board needs to go to the Cork Taoiseach, tell him it will be the end of hurling if Cork aren't winning a scatter of AIs every decade and ask for an oul dig out€€€€.
Then tell GAA HQ hurling will die if there isn't a successful Cork hurling team. And ask for twice as much €€€€ per player as any other County.

Cork had 220 adult hurling teams registered last year versus Limerick having 90.

Cork      220
Dublin      128
Tipperary      125
Galway      114
Wexford      97
Kilkenny      91
Limerick      90
Waterford      78
Clare      71
Antrim      61
Laois      54
Offaly      48
Meath      43
Westmeath      31
Kildare      27
Kerry      23
Wicklow      22
Carlow      21
Down      20
Derry      16
Donegal      14
Roscommon      14
Monaghan      10
Armagh      9
Sligo      9
Mayo      7
Louth      6
Tyrone      5
Longford      4
Cavan      3
Leitrim      3
Fermanagh      2

Number of teams registered at U20 hurling level last year.

Cork   95
Tipperary   55
Limerick   42
Wexford   41
Galway   39
Kilkenny   38
Clare           32
Waterford   27
Dublin   21
Meath   19
Laois           17
Offaly   13
Kildare   12
Kerry   10
Antrim   9
Carlow   9
Donegal   7
Westmeath7
Derry   6
Roscomon   6
Down   4
Mayo           4
Armagh   1
Fermanagh1
Louth   1
Sligo           1
Wicklow   1
Cavan   0
Leitrim   0
Longford   0
Monaghan   0
Tyrone   0

Number of underage hurling teams registered 2020

Cork   998
Dublin   992
Tipperary   577
Galway   444
Waterford   403
Limerick   400
Clare   344
Kilkenny   329
Kildare   319
Wexford   291
Meath   253
Antrim   179
Offaly   153
Laois   149
Kerry   137
Wicklow   110
Westmeath   90
Donegal   82
Down   82
Carlow   81
Sligo   74
Derry   71
Louth   70
Mayo   63
Armagh   53
Roscommon   50
Tyrone   41
Fermanagh   40
Longford   34
Cavan   32
Monaghan   29
Leitrim   10

Total number of hurling teams registered in 2020

Cork   1313
Dublin   1141
Tipperary   757
Galway   597
Limerick   532
Waterford   508
Kilkenny   458
Clare   447
Wexford   429
Kildare   358
Meath   315
Antrim   249
Laois   220
Offaly   214
Kerry   170
Wicklow   133
Westmeath   128
Carlow   111
Down   106
Donegal   103
Derry   93
Sligo   84
Louth   77
Mayo   74
Roscommon   70
Armagh   63
Tyrone   46
Fermanagh   43
Monaghan   39
Longford   38
Cavan   35
Leitrim   13

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 24, 2021, 06:23:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 24, 2021, 12:20:44 PM

Cork had 220 adult hurling teams registered last year versus Limerick having 90.

Cork      220
Dublin      128
Tipperary      125
Galway      114
Wexford      97
Kilkenny      91
Limerick      90
Waterford      78
Clare      71
Antrim      61
Laois      54
Offaly      48
Meath      43
Westmeath      31
Kildare      27
Kerry      23
Wicklow      22
Carlow      21
Down      20
Derry      16
Donegal      14
Roscommon      14
Monaghan      10
Armagh      9
Sligo      9
Mayo      7
Louth      6
Tyrone      5
Longford      4
Cavan      3
Leitrim      3
Fermanagh      2

Number of teams registered at U20 hurling level last year.

Cork   95
Tipperary   55
Limerick   42
Wexford   41
Galway   39
Kilkenny   38
Clare           32
Waterford   27
Dublin   21
Meath   19
Laois           17
Offaly   13
Kildare   12
Kerry   10
Antrim   9
Carlow   9
Donegal   7
Westmeath7
Derry   6
Roscomon   6
Down   4
Mayo           4
Armagh   1
Fermanagh1
Louth   1
Sligo           1
Wicklow   1
Cavan   0
Leitrim   0
Longford   0
Monaghan   0
Tyrone   0

Number of underage hurling teams registered 2020

Cork   998
Dublin   992
Tipperary   577
Galway   444
Waterford   403
Limerick   400
Clare   344
Kilkenny   329
Kildare   319
Wexford   291
Meath   253
Antrim   179
Offaly   153
Laois   149
Kerry   137
Wicklow   110
Westmeath   90
Donegal   82
Down   82
Carlow   81
Sligo   74
Derry   71
Louth   70
Mayo   63
Armagh   53
Roscommon   50
Tyrone   41
Fermanagh   40
Longford   34
Cavan   32
Monaghan   29
Leitrim   10

Total number of hurling teams registered in 2020

Cork   1313
Dublin   1141
Tipperary   757
Galway   597
Limerick   532
Waterford   508
Kilkenny   458
Clare   447
Wexford   429
Kildare   358
Meath   315
Antrim   249
Laois   220
Offaly   214
Kerry   170
Wicklow   133
Westmeath   128
Carlow   111
Down   106
Donegal   103
Derry   93
Sligo   84
Louth   77
Mayo   74
Roscommon   70
Armagh   63
Tyrone   46
Fermanagh   43
Monaghan   39
Longford   38
Cavan   35
Leitrim   13

These figures are wrong. Derry only have 8 clubs , you must be counting reserves there too

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM