Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

RedHand88

Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 29, 2021, 12:52:32 AM
I think we can safely say Kieran McGeary is nailed on All-Star!

Huge shout for player of the year.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 29, 2021, 12:57:31 AM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 29, 2021, 12:52:32 AM
I think we can safely say Kieran McGeary is nailed on All-Star!

Huge shout for player of the year.
It will be all based on the final.

Cobra

Normal time, additional time and extra time a Covid ravaged Tyrone gave Kerry nearly 100 mins to beat them and they couldn't do it. They couldn't do it. That's on Kerry. They can have no excuses. Tyrone the better team. More energy, more commitment. Kerry far to reliant on Clifford. A one man team.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Come on Tyrone , we are going to bring the Sam Maguire home , diddly de diddly da

Walter Cronc

I think Kerry really have to look at themselves. Keane should get the road. Playing Sean O'Shea closer to goal hasn't worked as they've lost his effectiveness in the middle third. Kerry have some serious problem at midfield. Perhaps O'Connor can go there but Moran past it and Barry not physical enough. Congrats to Tyrone. Hope Mayo win it but Tyrone will be around for a while!

Cobra

Thought Kerry got a lot of soft frees close to goal. They went down very easy. Stephen O'Brien especially. Tyrone bate 16 men in reality. And with 14 men for most of 2nd half. Ref kept Kerry in it.

RedHand88

One thing I noticed on the sky coverage just as the players were coming off after 70mins was the difference in body language between the teams. They showed close ups of the two Clifford's and Brian Ó Beaglaoich, all looked shell-shocked and exhausted. By comparison Hampsey and McCann looked like they were at the start of a match, not the end.

thewobbler

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 29, 2021, 09:01:53 AM
I think Kerry really have to look at themselves. Keane should get the road. Playing Sean O'Shea closer to goal hasn't worked as they've lost his effectiveness in the middle third. Kerry have some serious problem at midfield. Perhaps O'Connor can go there but Moran past it and Barry not physical enough. Congrats to Tyrone. Hope Mayo win it but Tyrone will be around for a while!

Kerry have some serious problem at midfield?

Do you watch the match at all?

The Subbie

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 29, 2021, 09:11:29 AM
One thing I noticed on the sky coverage just as the players were coming off after 70mins was the difference in body language between the teams. They showed close ups of the two Clifford's and Brian Ó Beaglaoich, all looked shell-shocked and exhausted. By comparison Hampsey and McCann looked like they were at the start of a match, not the end.
I noticed that
I put it down to the Kerry lads thought that it was theirs to loose and the papers said so
Extra time wasn't in their plans for the day at all at all
Turn up, play the game, run the scoreboard up and the trickiest thing to manage was
making it back to Hueston station for the 17:30 to Tralee

Sportacus

Quote from: Cobra on August 29, 2021, 09:10:09 AM
Thought Kerry got a lot of soft frees close to goal. They went down very easy. Stephen O'Brien especially. Tyrone bate 16 men in reality. And with 14 men for most of 2nd half. Ref kept Kerry in it.
I thought the exact opposite.  Who'd be a ref.

TMAC

Keep taking the tablets, maybe up the dose.

Cobra

Quote from: TMAC on August 29, 2021, 09:51:33 AM

Kerry's diving antics would make you wanna stab your eyes out. Unwatchable.

yellowcard

There will be questions as to why they granted the extra week to Tyrone now. There was much talk in the media of them needing the game in preparation for the final. By inference that was being totally dismissive of Tyrone and perhaps they weren't ready for the war of attrition attitude that Tyrone brought.

Whatever the reason they looked both physically and mentally shot and devoid of any real leadership on the pitch.

Winning 5 minor titles in a row and looking good in the League guarantees nothing and it certainly doesn't prepare you for what Tyrone brought to the table yesterday. It was down in the trenches stuff at times and Kerry were found wanting. Once Kerry didn't take advantage of the Sludden black card and push on, I always feared for them in a tight finish. They have been mentally weak in the Dublin drawn final of 2019 and the Cork match last year. Yesterday was just another scar.

One thing that was baffling was the amount of Kerry players going down with cramp. Physically they look to have bulked up this year yet many of their players blew up before the game was finished.

TMAC

Quote from: Cobra on August 29, 2021, 09:53:20 AM
Quote from: TMAC on August 29, 2021, 09:51:33 AM

Kerry's diving antics would make you wanna stab your eyes out. Unwatchable.

Have you all got for first day back, hear those scientific calculators are hard to come by.

sensethetone

Quote from: The Subbie on August 29, 2021, 09:46:24 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 29, 2021, 09:11:29 AM
I noticed that
I put it down to the Kerry lads thought that it was theirs to loose and the papers said so
Extra time wasn't in their plans for the day at all at all
Turn up, play the game, run the scoreboard up and the trickiest thing to manage was
making it back to Hueston station for the 17:30 to Tralee
Just turning up mentality cost Kerry a goal when they tried to show boat the ball into the net..