Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Nanderson

Quote from: delgany on August 28, 2021, 06:55:26 PM
How come so many Kerry players went down with cramp ? They had TWO WEEKS EXTRA to prepare !
can tell you're not that into your sport science

Blowitupref

Quote from: MayoBuck on August 28, 2021, 06:55:46 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 28, 2021, 06:50:50 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 28, 2021, 06:35:28 PM
Has to be one of the greatest managerial heists in GAA history. It was a masterclass from Logan and Dooher.

Kerry management learnt little from their extra time loss to Cork last year.

Did the Kerry management get much wrong? I think a lot of the young Kerry players have hyped up well beyond their standing. David Moran and Tommy Walsh may well retire now. Paul Geaney and Stephen O'Brien are past their best too.

Far too loose defensively and weren't playing as a unit offensively. Management never switched things up were left to rely on Individuals to bail them out.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Well the narrative that Kerry were the great white hope to save Gaelic football was put on it's arse today.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 28, 2021, 07:03:19 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on August 28, 2021, 06:55:46 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 28, 2021, 06:50:50 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 28, 2021, 06:35:28 PM
Has to be one of the greatest managerial heists in GAA history. It was a masterclass from Logan and Dooher.

Kerry management learnt little from their extra time loss to Cork last year.

Did the Kerry management get much wrong? I think a lot of the young Kerry players have hyped up well beyond their standing. David Moran and Tommy Walsh may well retire now. Paul Geaney and Stephen O'Brien are past their best too.

Far too loose defensively and weren't playing as a unit offensively. Management never switched things up were left to rely on Individuals to bail them out.

Their defenders actually did reasonably well. Most won their individual battle. The quality of Kerry's forwards (David Clifford aside) is overplayed. None of their subs added much either.

bennydorano

We're they not trying to get shot of Keane last year? He'll hardly be back.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 28, 2021, 06:06:32 PM
THE GAA WERE TRULY CONNED by Logan and Dooher, shame on them!!!!

Enjoying your Orchard pain!  ;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2021, 06:46:57 PM
What happens if Mayo suddenly have massive covid issues?

I'd like to think the position would be assessed and they'd be given the time to field a team which will not put the players at risk or risk the credibility of the competition. I'm sure Tyrone would understand and act accordingly - probably without much of the whinging that has gone on this past few weeks.
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

I did think Mickey Harte staying on this last 2-3 years was holding Tyrone back. There was the makings of a team that could have really challenged, if a new man (or men) came in. Granted, I didn't think they were ready just yet, nor did I think they'd win today. But I think it can be said the decision to get rid of Harte was the right call.

RedHand88

Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 28, 2021, 06:06:32 PM
THE GAA WERE TRULY CONNED by Logan and Dooher, shame on them!!!!

Ahh you'll get over it.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on August 28, 2021, 07:29:58 PM
I did think Mickey Harte staying on this last 2-3 years was holding Tyrone back. There was the makings of a team that could have really challenged, if a new man (or men) came in. Granted, I didn't think they were ready just yet, nor did I think they'd win today. But I think it can be said the decision to get rid of Harte was the right call.

Need to win the final for that statement to ring through. Harte has brought all of these players through, ground work was done under his watch and he had a very good record in All-Ireland finals however their 2017 team certainly wasn't ready to topple Dublin.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on August 28, 2021, 07:29:58 PM

Ah you are probably right but its not easy to cast aside a man who has brought the county such success. He'll be as happy as any Tyrone man tonight and deserves praise in keeping us at the top table and giving those lads the experiences they have. A change of voice may just be what was needed though.
That was never a square ball!!

rodney trotter

Morgan is very erratic in goals. Kicks a wonder free and misses easier frees. The free he did scored before ht seemed to.have went to his head, as his kick outs in second half were really poor and trying to kick an outside of the foot pass that wasn't on was.

McShane was impressive as a sub. That could be the end for Peter Keane. Maybe David Moran and Gedney also

Wildweasel74

McShane has to start the final, Tyrone only looked good when he came on. Morgan is real flaky, scored one of the great croke Park frees then missed 2 easy ones by his standards when they need him. McGeary been Tyrone best player this year.

clarshack

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 28, 2021, 07:55:21 PM
McShane has to start the final, Tyrone only looked good when he came on. Morgan is real flaky, scored one of the great croke Park frees then missed 2 easy ones by his standards when they need him. McGeary been Tyrone best player this year.

Agree McShane has to start. Mayo have a real conundrum on what to do with Aidan O'Shea.

red hander

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 28, 2021, 07:51:19 PM
Morgan is very erratic in goals. Kicks a wonder free and misses easier frees. The free he did scored before ht seemed to.have went to his head, as his kick outs in second half were really poor and trying to kick an outside of the foot pass that wasn't on was.

McShane was impressive as a sub. That could be the end for Peter Keane. Maybe David Moran and Gedney also

Agree. He was brilliant in Ulster Final but dodgy enough today. Game was closer than it should have been, far, far too many mistakes to give away possession, cut that out and we'll be sucking diesel. Biggest lesson from today is that the so called experts know f**k all squared