Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

armaghniac

Quote from: the goal was on on August 27, 2021, 05:52:43 PM
Gavin Devlin helping Kerry with there team talk I see!!

Kerry have moved from pony to horse.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

WT4E

ardtole

Aaron Boone

Quote from: ardtole on August 27, 2021, 09:15:57 PM
Usually 5 mins before throw in.

The printers doing the match programme have to guess the team.

yellowcard

Gavin Devlin has done Kerry's team talk for them anyway, that was a bizarre interview. Either he is deluded or he has a major chip on his shoulder about being ousted from Tyrone.

tonto1888

Quote from: thewobbler on August 26, 2021, 05:31:39 PM
Why are you looking at this inside out?

Cork may or may not be a top 10 side. But let's apply your criteria to Armagh:

- Armagh haven't won (or played in the decider of) a provincial title since 2008.

- Armagh have only made one AIQF in forever, back in 2017.

- Armagh were playing d3 football as recently as 2018.

- Unlike Armagh, Cork have beaten a top 3 side in the  championship in the past 2 seasons.

And on top of that, Cork won the most recent competitive fixture between the sides, in D2 2019.

I know as well as you do that Armagh have unearthed a couple of players since then. But surely you can understand that until those players deliver a big result or two, then expecting Armagh to be ranked higher than teams like Cork is more than a tad subjective.

QF in 2014 also and a kick of the ball from an AI semifinal

Wildweasel74

Kerry to win pulling up. Tyrone to play very withdrawn, but Kerry to pull away from 55/60mins on. Well of course, thats
If  all the players stay on the pitch.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: HokeyPokey on August 25, 2021, 07:56:39 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on August 25, 2021, 05:52:51 PM
Out of interest, what price were Tyrone heading that 2003 All-Ireland semi?  Underdogs no doubt but maybe not as big an underdog as this weekend?  I remember standing at half time finding it hard to believe we were so far ahead

Yes. Very surprising odds. Tyrone absolutely left the game behind them in 2019. Kerry have probably improved since, but so have Tyrone.

I suppose it's more of a reflection on the bets being placed than the actual odds.

Hard to see how Tyrone have improved since 2019. That team had its limitations but it had been playing under Mickey for years, was well drilled and had plenty of football under its belt. With the new management team there was always going to be a period of transition but their job was made much harder by Covid with no collective training, then a very short league campaign and straight into championship. Logan and Dooher are basically building a team and getting their ideas across as they go, and doing so with some players they'd surely regard as certain starters struggling with injury. In these circumstances winning Ulster was a terrific achievement, but Tyrone are very clearly going into this game as a team in transition, and that was before the Covid outbreak. That's in stark contrast to a Kerry side who have continued to build since 2019. Kerry look improved since then, Tyrone are very much a work in progress. It's not out the question at all that Tyrone get hammered today.

I'd be happy enough if Tyrone can go out and put in a decent showing. Hopefully with something like a normal season in 2022 with McKenna Cup and full league then they will be much better prepared for next summer, with the likes of McShane, Canavan and McKenna all fully fit and settled in the team.

omagh_gael

redzone

TMAC

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

RedHand88

Tyrone by 2. When the predicted Kerry blitz doesnt appear in the first half, Kerry will get nervous.

Blowitupref

I think Kerry by 4 to 6 points and I think it could be one of those unconvincing wins for Kerry with plenty of what ifs for Tyrone.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BennyCake

Quote from: yellowcard on August 27, 2021, 11:56:33 PM
Gavin Devlin has done Kerry's team talk for them anyway, that was a bizarre interview. Either he is deluded or he has a major chip on his shoulder about being ousted from Tyrone.

Any links?