Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

yellowcard

It's an extremely valid argument and one that was made on here about 10 days ago. I'm surprised more wasn't made of it at the time, however I don't see the point in rehashing it at this stage, it's done and dusted now. 

the goal was on

Tyrone have all players back training fully for over a week bar 2! At this stage of championship that is at good as any team will get. There will be 1 possible 2 changes for Kerry game which will make team stronger than ulster final . They have played a cute hand and fair play. With Dublin gone it's there for the taking

trueblue1234

I do think Logan should clarify his statements. If it was management advise to avoid the vaccine then I think it's poor form as in regards to the welfare of the actual players. We know now it wouldn't have stopped the outbreak, so wouldn't have effected the requirement to postpone the game. But not a great look in current circumstances.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

hoynevalley

Quote from: the goal was on on August 26, 2021, 11:26:45 AM
Tyrone have all players back training fully for over a week bar 2! At this stage of championship that is at good as any team will get. There will be 1 possible 2 changes for Kerry game which will make team stronger than ulster final . They have played a cute hand and fair play. With Dublin gone it's there for the taking

Played the cute hand??

clarshack

Quote from: ciaraa on August 26, 2021, 09:57:43 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 26, 2021, 09:23:48 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ciar%C3%A1n-murphy-tyrone-s-blase-attitude-to-vaccination-is-questionable-at-best-1.4656047
CiarĂ¡n Murphy: Tyrone's blase attitude to vaccination is questionable at best

If Tyrone win then expect much more of these pieces from the rags over the next few weeks. They will want their beloved Mayo to win at all costs.

The rest of Ireland will go into meltdown if Tyrone win.  Bring it on!!!

screenexile

Tyrone know what they're at... get the old siege mentality "everyone hates us" vibe through the camp and try to stop Kerry scoring at all costs.

They're at it and they've gotten away with it we'll soon see if it was worth it come Saturday evening!

NotedObserver

HokeyPokey

I'm not sure what to make of Logan's comments. I suspect it could just be him trying to put the flak on himself rather than players that have vaccine hesitancy. He's not stupid, but I think he would have been best to say that it was a personal matter for each player and not something he would discuss.

In my opinion, it was clearly the wrong decision if a multitude of players decided against getting vaccinated or at least delayed getting it. However, I think all this commentary as if Tyrone have conspired the whole situation is ridiculous. There'll be conspiracies going round that Covid was developed in an underground lab in Garvaghy at this rate. Yes, it's difficult for Kerry, but it's not as if Tyrone are gaining an advantage by having the Covid outbreak. Preparations would obviously have been massively affected. Some of the players could have been badly affected or others not at 100%. One of Tyrone's key men is rumoured to have lost a stone or more, which I hope isn't true as it would be a massive dent in our chances. 

I feel like so much of the build up has been interesting. Everyone's talking about Kerry and completely writing Tyrone off. I recognise Kerry are favourites definitely, but you'd swear Kerry were playing Cavan or someone from the way they are going on. Kerry dropped out to Cork last year and Tyrone should have beaten them in 2019. I think Tyrone are or were in much better form coming into this game than they were in 2019, add in McKenna, Canavan, a rejuvenated Sludden, McCann, Hampsey, McGeary, and McCurry and an actually decent mid field for once, albeit 2019 McShane has yet to manifest. I know there's the matter of the league game, but Tyrone had not had hardly any training got in before the league and the long journey down etc.

Still think Kerry are favourites, but it is well set up for a big upset (potentially).

trueblue1234

I think it's a case of let whoever wants to flail about on the hows and whyfore's of the Covid do so. But it's Thursday now so you'd like to hope a discussion on the teams and match ups might break out.
Any word on naming the teams?

BennyHarp

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 12:50:38 PM
I think it's a case of let whoever wants to flail about on the hows and whyfore's of the Covid do so. But it's Thursday now so you'd like to hope a discussion on the teams and match ups might break out.

I can't see Tyrone naming a team until Saturday morning and even then I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
That was never a square ball!!

lenny

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 11:59:55 AM
I do think Logan should clarify his statements. If it was management advise to avoid the vaccine then I think it's poor form as in regards to the welfare of the actual players. We know now it wouldn't have stopped the outbreak, so wouldn't have effected the requirement to postpone the game. But not a great look in current circumstances.

There's a good chance the vaccine would have prevented a good number of those players from getting COVID. As I said previously if any of the players suffer long term consequences the Tyrone management could be in bother if they've encouraged the players to postpone getting vaccinated until the season is over.

trueblue1234

Quote from: lenny on August 26, 2021, 02:01:02 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 11:59:55 AM

There's a good chance the vaccine would have prevented a good number of those players from getting COVID. As I said previously if any of the players suffer long term consequences the Tyrone management could be in bother if they've encouraged the players to postpone getting vaccinated until the season is over.

You won't fine me defending the Tyrone management team if they were putting pressure for players not to get vaccinated.

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2021, 01:51:57 PM

I can't see Tyrone naming a team until Saturday morning and even then I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
Any word from the animals?

In hiding

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 02:15:37 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2021, 01:51:57 PM

Any word from the animals?
Will Mc Shane start ?
Will Bradley?

Jeremiah O

They're all fit and ready to go.
Sure according to the Derry and Armagh ones,this was all a big ploy to give our injured men  time to get back.
Unconquered and unconquerable