Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

yellowcard

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-given-all-clear-for-saturdays-all-ireland-sfc-semi-final-showdown-with-kerry-40781280.html

Good to see that all of the Tyrone players are fully recovered anyway. Hopefully they are all available to play some part in the game but I would have my doubts. At the very minimum their preparation will have been badly disrupted but I think it is a free throw of the dice for Tyrone at this stage. 

screenexile

Kerry -7 even money... fill your boots!

clarshack

Quote from: thewobbler on August 24, 2021, 10:49:08 AM
"Premier league footballers aren't stupid".

Would you feck away off.

Stupid for a footballer would be injecting themselves with an experimental jab and possibly ending up with myocarditis.

lenny

Quote from: Hound on August 24, 2021, 09:54:24 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 23, 2021, 10:08:01 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2021, 09:54:17 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 23, 2021, 03:11:30 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2021, 02:44:29 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 23, 2021, 01:42:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2021, 01:26:23 PM
From a neutral point of view, with not a care in the world who wins the game, I just find it difficult that 20 players will be physically up to a championship level if they have been isolating or coming down with some symptoms of covid..

Was handy that they got covid at the semifinal stage and not before it, as there was no rule to have and extension due to covid problems

Wasn't that handy as they had covid in the ulster final

Heard from an ex Tyrone player that McShane, canavan and McKenna are well over their injuries now and are flying in training. Handy that extra 2 weeks.
You never answered my question about where you got the following information.

Quote from: lenny on August 17, 2021, 05:36:30 PM

Agree with that. My understanding is that the tyrone players affected were not vaccinated.

The reason I ask, is that I know for a fact first hand it's untrue so keen to hear of your source?

I didn't say that none of them had been vaccinated but the vast majority were not. That's what I was told. Are you saying different?
I'm saying the only player I know, that was affected, was vaccinated. So that doesn't tally with your statement. So I'm thinking where you got your information?
I took from Logan's interview that anyone in healthcare/care industry got vaccinated, there were a small few with particular family circumstances that got the vaccine and that most/all of the rest did not.
I would guess that it was similar for most panels while still involved.

It is easy to criticize Tyrone for not being vaccinated, but you'd need to compare it to vaccination rates in the other 3 semi finalists to be fair. And nobody has that information.

Most of the other big teams have been responsible and got vaccinated

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40360751.html

yellowcard

Quote from: Thastheball on August 24, 2021, 11:29:05 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 24, 2021, 10:23:51 AM
Quote from: Thastheball on August 24, 2021, 10:09:09 AM
From a neutral point of view, with not a care in the world who wins the game, I just find it difficult that 20 players will be physically up to a championship level if they have been isolating or coming down with some symptoms of covid..

Was handy that they got covid at the semifinal stage and not before it, as there was no rule to have and extension due to covid problems

Heard from an ex Tyrone player that McShane, canavan and McKenna are well over their injuries now and are flying in training. Handy that extra 2 weeks.

Agree with that. My understanding is that the tyrone players affected were not vaccinated.

The reason I ask, is that I know for a fact first hand it's untrue so keen to hear of your source?

I didn't say that none of them had been vaccinated but the vast majority were not. That's what I was told. Are you saying different?
I'm saying the only player I know, that was affected, was vaccinated. So that doesn't tally with your statement. So I'm thinking where you got your information?
I took from Logan's interview that anyone in healthcare/care industry got vaccinated, there were a small few with particular family circumstances that got the vaccine and that most/all of the rest did not.

It is easy to criticize Tyrone for not being vaccinated, but you'd need to compare it to vaccination rates in the other 3 semi finalists to be fair. And nobody has that information.

Whats the point of young fit healthy lads getting vaccinated. They are at a risk of one in one million from dying ( a fact) whilst they are at risk of getting a significant reaction from the vaccine of one in tten thousand. They aren't in the at risk category of obese or old where the average death rate is 81.5 yrs. outside of having an underlying health condition where they should take., the question is why should anyone take it. Its now accepted your equally transmissible not vaccinated as vaccinated. So why should a young fit lad do it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Are you a medical professional or is this something you just read on the internet?

https://www.covid19assembly.org/doctors-open-letter/

Yellowcard educate yourself

So it was something you read on the internet then, I thought so.

Rossfan

The  university of GAAboard virologists are going strong today.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: Thastheball on August 24, 2021, 11:29:05 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 24, 2021, 10:23:51 AM
Quote from: Thastheball on August 24, 2021, 10:09:09 AM

Whats the point of young fit healthy lads getting vaccinated. They are at a risk of one in one million from dying ( a fact) whilst they are at risk of getting a significant reaction from the vaccine of one in tten thousand. They aren't in the at risk category of obese or old where the average death rate is 81.5 yrs. outside of having an underlying health condition where they should take., the question is why should anyone take it. Its now accepted your equally transmissible not vaccinated as vaccinated. So why should a young fit lad do it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Are you a medical professional or is this something you just read on the internet?

https://www.covid19assembly.org/doctors-open-letter/

Yellowcard educate yourself

Lol what a load of dung. 133 names was all they could get. Meanwhile the rest of the 30,000 GPs, 650,000 nurses and god knows how many paramedics in the UK are happy to carry on.

Also, take it to the covid thread. This is the Tyrone v kerry thread.

trueblue1234

Quote from: lenny on August 24, 2021, 12:00:02 PM

Most of the other big teams have been responsible and got vaccinated

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40360751.html

It's not a county teams place to tell players what to do. I just hope that Tyrone didn't advise not to get it.

That said, I think it obvious your initial post was nonsense. You'd no idea who was vaccinated and who wasn't. You were trying to have a dig at Tyrone. Pathetic.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

thewobbler

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 24, 2021, 11:01:46 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 24, 2021, 10:49:08 AM
"Premier league footballers aren't stupid".

Would you feck away off.
He has a point. I mean Ashley Cole & Raheem Sterling would only be marginally less qualified on these things than the medical professionals.

It is entirely possible to believe that footballers are thick as shit, while also believing that most doctors are no more qualified than them to have their opinions on epidemiology taken seriously. 

HokeyPokey

Humour has it one Tyrone player lost a stone and a half. Karl Darlow, the Newcastle FC goalkeeper lost two stone in 5 days.

I would have liked Tyrone to have come out strongly for vaccination. Vaccinations, in general, have been a massive force for good and for progress in recent human history.

lenny

Quote from: Thastheball on August 24, 2021, 01:47:02 PM
Yellowcard the reason these are on the internet is because any other view which is based on science is being suppressed on main stream media unfortunately. Btw I am not anti vac. I ensured my elderly parents got it as they are in the at risk category. Stifling debate is a different thing. Redhand try and think for yourself and not he brainwashed by the constant narrative that  has been fed to us for 18 months. Lockdowns don't work. Sweden has proved that. No lockdown or masks there, their death ratio is the same as other European countries. Take a vaccination and protect the eldery and at risk category.... Now we know your equally transmissionable vaccinated or not. Its clear vac minimises potential death for the old, obese and those with underlying health conditions. Thats it.

Unto Saturdays game. Kerry raging hot favourites in the bookies. Just cannot see a Tyrone win as much it would make my summer from an fellow Ulster gael

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-covid-no-lockdown-strategy-failed-higher-death-rate-2021-8?r=US&IR=T

You mean Sweden which has 10 times the death rate of its neighbouring countries? So the country which doesn't lock down has 10 times the death rate of similar countries which do lock down and you say it proves lockdowns don't work? Sweden is the proof that lockdowns do work.

Taylor

Quote from: Thastheball on August 24, 2021, 01:47:02 PM
Yellowcard the reason these are on the internet is because any other view which is based on science is being suppressed on main stream media unfortunately. Btw I am not anti vac. I ensured my elderly parents got it as they are in the at risk category. Stifling debate is a different thing. Redhand try and think for yourself and not he brainwashed by the constant narrative that  has been fed to us for 18 months. Lockdowns don't work. Sweden has proved that. No lockdown or masks there, their death ratio is the same as other European countries. Take a vaccination and protect the eldery and at risk category.... Now we know your equally transmissionable vaccinated or not. Its clear vac minimises potential death for the old, obese and those with underlying health conditions. Thats it.

Unto Saturdays game. Kerry raging hot favourites in the bookies. Just cannot see a Tyrone win as much it would make my summer from an fellow Ulster gael

Would love to know the facts behind this statement?

Or even the links to the statement

Jayop

Couple of days from an All-Ireland semi final and people are using this thread to debate vaccine efficacy and whether Sweden's death rate is high or low.

FML can that shit not be talked about elsewhere!?? It in no way related to anything for this game at this stage.

So Logan reckons a final assessment on some players recovery wont be made until as late as Thurs or Friday night. If we knew which players were down and to what extent we might be able to come up with some sort of a predicted team and then a decent prediction as to how the game will go but it's really hard to say now.

screenexile

Quote from: Jayop on August 24, 2021, 04:13:16 PM
Couple of days from an All-Ireland semi final and people are using this thread to debate vaccine efficacy and whether Sweden's death rate is high or low.

FML can that shit not be talked about elsewhere!?? It in no way related to anything for this game at this stage.

So Logan reckons a final assessment on some players recovery wont be made until as late as Thurs or Friday night. If we knew which players were down and to what extent we might be able to come up with some sort of a predicted team and then a decent prediction as to how the game will go but it's really hard to say now.

Jayop

Not sure what's so hard to believe about that...

If players are borderline due to any injury or illness you'd want the management team to give them as much time as possible to prove their fitness, especially if they are key players.

I'm sure they have more or less the starting team fixed at this point with maybe a few players where they're still debatable. Pretty standard no?