Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

armaghniac

The GAA should state that is willing to look at the case for postponement if players get ill from being vaccinated, but that it will not entertain any request for postponement resulting from unvaccinated people getting ill from Covid.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lenny

Quote from: BennyCake on August 17, 2021, 12:54:30 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 17, 2021, 11:31:38 AM
Quote from: The Black Mamba on August 17, 2021, 11:24:19 AM
Quote from Fergal Logan. Link https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40360751.html?type=amp&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

"There are a series of players in the panel who are vaccinated. Obviously, vaccination is a personal choice. They were kept updated by us consistently, as to the timings of vaccinations at the different age groups. That didn't come about until late May, June, until it got in around the age group of this cohort. In fairness, part of the consideration this year was because it was a compressed league and Championship, we were anxious that if guys were vaccinated they might go under for two weeks. And that might inhibit their performance. Vaccination has been a conundrum. We didn't make it mandatory across the board" — Logan, August 16

Players chosing not to get vaccinated is so damn irresponsible.

Team management implying that they should not encourage vaccination because "they might go under for two weeks" is far worse. We have all had vaccines and it would be extremely unusual to have any significant after effect last more than 48 hours.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I personally know of at least 7 or 8 people, of various  ages and  fitness,who are still feeling the effects of vaccination weeks and months afterwards.

lol, the number having any kind of long term effects from the vaccine is estimated at one in every 10,000 or less. So that means you know between 70,000 and 80,000 people. Get real and stop telling fibs.

lenny

Quote from: armaghniac on August 17, 2021, 05:32:40 PM
The GAA should state that is willing to look at the case for postponement if players get ill from being vaccinated, but that it will not entertain any request for postponement resulting from unvaccinated people getting ill from Covid.

Agree with that. My understanding is that the tyrone players affected were not vaccinated.

bennydorano

Quote from: lenny on August 17, 2021, 05:36:30 PM

Agree with that. My understanding is that the tyrone players affected were not vaccinated.
Jesus Christ what a shit show

tonto1888

Quote from: bennydorano on August 17, 2021, 05:44:04 PM

Jesus Christ what a shit show

if thats true

BennyCake

Quote from: yellowcard on August 17, 2021, 05:30:54 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 17, 2021, 05:06:15 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 17, 2021, 01:03:12 PM
Quote from Fergal Logan. Link https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40360751.html?type=amp&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

"There are a series of players in the panel who are vaccinated. Obviously, vaccination is a personal choice. They were kept updated by us consistently, as to the timings of vaccinations at the different age groups. That didn't come about until late May, June, until it got in around the age group of this cohort. In fairness, part of the consideration this year was because it was a compressed league and Championship, we were anxious that if guys were vaccinated they might go under for two weeks. And that might inhibit their performance. Vaccination has been a conundrum. We didn't make it mandatory across the board" — Logan, August 16

Team management implying that they should not encourage vaccination because "they might go under for two weeks" is far worse. We have all had vaccines and it would be extremely unusual to have any significant after effect last more than 48 hours.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I personally know of at least 7 or 8 people, of various  ages and  fitness,who are still feeling the effects of vaccination weeks and months afterwards.

You would hope that most of the players would be sensible enough to make an informed decision based on the advice of medical professionals based on statistical evidence rather than some anecdote from Mick down the pub. If not then they should have been prepared to deal with the consequences if they then got the virus.

What about those experiencing health problems because of the vaccines? Should they 'have been prepared to deal with the consequences'?

Now, I don't know the details of how covid spread in the Tyrone camp. But if all players/management were vaccinated, I assume testing would still take place?

And if half the squad tested positive, but were vaccinated (with no major health issues), would they still be allowed to play the semi final while symptomatic ? Or would that depend on all Kerry being vaccinated?

I'm not privy to your assertion that some of the players experienced health problems because of the vaccine or certainly to the best of my knowledge that is not something that was made public by the Tyrone camp. If this did this cause a problem with some individual players then come out and say it, then at least we know that they have taken the responsible action in getting vaccinated.

I don't know the answer as to when and how often they were being tested but I would like to think that when the first Covid outbreak became known that they would have been tested in advance of each subsequent gathering of players.

If half the squad were positive of course they couldn't play the semi final, they would be in isolation.

My first paragraph wasn't about Tyrone players. It was about people in general .

BennyCake

Quote from: lenny on August 17, 2021, 05:33:47 PM

lol, the number having any kind of long term effects from the vaccine is estimated at one in every 10,000 or less. So that means you know between 70,000 and 80,000 people. Get real and stop telling fibs.

Yeah that's it. I'm telling fibs  ::)

Milltown Row2

I don't know anyone who felt ill more than a day after being vaccinated, that's my family, her family, my friends and work colleagues..

I think you're telling fibs, weeks and months?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2021, 06:30:01 PM
I don't know anyone who felt ill more than a day after being vaccinated, that's my family, her family, my friends and work colleagues..

Yes, weeks and months.  Fatigue, pains all over, low energy levels, headaches. Any kind of exertion, had  to lie down .  Three in particular going on at least 4-5 months.

trueblue1234

All 20 weren't vaccinated? I'd like to see you back that up as I know one affected who was vaccinated.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

I was rough about 11 or 12 days after the first one.

Some boys seem to have a fair auld grip on the personal lives of these Tyrone players :o All you're ever going to get on this is hearsay. Ah they were all drinking. In Dungannon. No one was vaccinated. Then you have people saying they would have to have caught it before the ulster final. I doubt many know the ins and outs.

yellowcard

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 17, 2021, 07:28:39 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2021, 07:19:28 PM

I was rough about 11 or 12 days after the first one.

Some boys seem to have a fair auld grip on the personal lives of these Tyrone players :o All you're ever going to get on this is hearsay. Ah they were all drinking. In Dungannon. No one was vaccinated. Then you have people saying they would have to have caught it before the ulster final. I doubt many know the ins and outs.
And the ins and outs are completely irrelevant as the GAA were never going to judge the postponement on them.

The speculation on the ins and outs is only required for faux outrage purposes.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40360100.html

Not really though. It is thought that the GAA will carry out an investigation into it when the championship is over.

Aaron Boone

Worst punishment from HQ would be Tyrone not able to defend Sam in 2022. 

yellowcard

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 17, 2021, 08:40:49 PM
Yes really though. It is just for people losing the run of themselves on social media pretending to be outraged at something that doesn't impact them in the slightest.

The GAA will not be able to investigate anything as they have absolutely no say on what their members do in their daily lives.

I've stated already that it is each players personal choice whether to take the vaccine or not. That's not the issue. But be prepared to deal with the consequences if there is a squad outbreak. And if Tyrone management voiced their concerns about taking the vaccine to squad members in contravention of generally accepted medical advice then that is absolutely an issue.

The front page of the Irish News today carried a story about a Kilcoo club member who was unvaccinated and in ICU imploring people to get vaccinated. Yet we have some posters on here outlining the risks of the vaccine in the name of county tribalism. If there is any positive to come out of the whole escapade hopefully it helps highlight that the inherent risks of catching Covid and getting ill are substantially higher than getting ill from taking the vaccine. But the medical evidence already existed to support this.

The Black Mamba

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 17, 2021, 08:40:49 PM
Yes really though. It is just for people losing the run of themselves on social media pretending to be outraged at something that doesn't impact them in the slightest.

The GAA will not be able to investigate anything as they have absolutely no say on what their members do in their daily lives.

It's incredibly brazen on the part of Tyrone management to demand a two week delay in the name of player welfare, while not seeming to give a damn about player welfare with training and matches seemingly taking priority over players getting vaccinated.