Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

yellowcard

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 16, 2021, 03:53:09 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 16, 2021, 03:51:54 PM
You would imagine that there is bound to be some lingering ill feeling within the Tyrone squad between players who were vaccinated and the anti vaxxers. Also with players who chose to go out after the Ulster final and then brought the virus into the squad, there is bound to be some finger pointing going on from within.   

Where does this pub celebrating craic all come from?  Its not like covid wasn't in the squad before the Ulster Final - is it not possible that the spread of the virus happened at this time prior to Logan and the affected players finding out?

It's from the interview someone posted up earlier. You can draw your own conclusions.

DB: Are any of these cases due to the group meeting for post-match
celebrations?

FL: This is a community-based issue. We have guys on our team who are not given to even going out, they are locked into their football, and they are down with this.

We at all times have endeavoured to stay away and avoid anything to do with this virus as a group, in our work and socially with the players. But regrettably, the best experts in the world have tried to batten down this virus, get to the sources, get to their transmission and we find ourselves in this position, howsoever it arose.

screenexile

Quote from: Taylor on August 16, 2021, 04:34:32 PM
You would imagine that there is bound to be some lingering ill feeling within the Tyrone squad between players who were vaccinated and the anti vaxxers. Also with players who chose to go out after the Ulster final and then brought the virus into the squad, there is bound to be some finger pointing going on from within.   

Where does this pub celebrating craic all come from?  Its not like covid wasn't in the squad before the Ulster Final - is it not possible that the spread of the virus happened at this time prior to Logan and the affected players finding out?

That would not suit the narrative of some on here though.

All of the 'experts' here know it was the fault of the players - end of story.

Well if they weren't all together in a pub celebrating after the Ulster Final then say that?

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same but let's not pretend it's not a factor and completely gloss over it like the Tyrone management and media have. They obviously spent time together against COVID Protocols and while it may have been in the squad before that and the session had nothing to do with it nobody can say that for sure and it's hard to say it wouldn't have been a factor.

If they were honest about it they'd get a whole lot more respect from me because it would be hard to begrduge a celebration after the last 18 months and the change of management etc. but then they'd get pilloried either way as it is with everything now!

trueblue1234

Quote from: screenexile on August 16, 2021, 04:48:15 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 16, 2021, 04:34:32 PM

That would not suit the narrative of some on here though.

All of the 'experts' here know it was the fault of the players - end of story.

Well if they weren't all together in a pub celebrating after the Ulster Final then say that?

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same but let's not pretend it's not a factor and completely gloss over it like the Tyrone management and media have. They obviously spent time together against COVID Protocols and while it may have been in the squad before that and the session had nothing to do with it nobody can say that for sure and it's hard to say it wouldn't have been a factor.

If they were honest about it they'd get a whole lot more respect from me because it would be hard to begrduge a celebration after the last 18 months and the change of management etc. but then they'd get pilloried either way as it is with everything now!

This is unfair just before an AI semifinal. I mean, how are they supposed to sleep at night now.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tyrone08

Seems people are forgetting covid was in the camp before the final. About 5 people had it before the final and any celebrations. Its possible more ones had it during the final without knowing it. Lateral flow tests are not 100% accurate

tonto1888

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 16, 2021, 02:52:45 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 16, 2021, 02:26:28 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 16, 2021, 01:43:30 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 16, 2021, 10:48:56 AM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 16, 2021, 08:51:50 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 15, 2021, 11:56:02 PM
There will be some outcry if Tyrone turn up with a full deck plus a fit McShane and Canavan lining out and manage to beat Kerry.

Surely, most true Gaels want to see two full strength teams?

There would be no outcry. Our Armagh brethren are scrabbling around attempting to build this into something more. Just like old times.

I hope you are at full strength. Will be funnier when you are beaten
Tyrone are happy to provide entertainment to Armagh in their off season from June -Dec. It would be a long winter for ya otherwise.

Wonder if some of the  Armagh supporters realise how sad they sound when they have to wait for tyrone to be knocked out of the championship in order to find enjoyment

You have an awful high opinion of yourselves, sure its all a bit of craic. It's not as if you are Down anyway

nrico2006

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 16, 2021, 05:28:52 PM
Seems people are forgetting covid was in the camp before the final. About 5 people had it before the final and any celebrations. Its possible more ones had it during the final without knowing it. Lateral flow tests are not 100% accurate

My point exactly too.  This virus has risen its head in the squad before the so called 'celebrations'.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Louther

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 16, 2021, 08:41:45 PM

My point exactly too.  This virus has risen its head in the squad before the so called 'celebrations'.

Then why in the holy mother of god would they go to the pub collectively and Logan has said in his interview that mid ulster had some of the highest numbers in UK and Ireland at the time.

Yes. They've won Ulster, celebrate surely. But in a pandemic, with covid on the rise, knowing it already in the squad and you've an all Ireland semi in two weeks.

Absolute stupidity of the highest level. Did they think heading to the pub would help wash it away.

tyrone08

Quote from: Louther on August 16, 2021, 08:53:35 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 16, 2021, 08:41:45 PM

Then why in the holy mother of god would they go to the pub collectively and Logan has said in his interview that mid ulster had some of the highest numbers in UK and Ireland at the time.

Yes. They've won Ulster, celebrate surely. But in a pandemic, with covid on the rise, knowing it already in the squad and you've an all Ireland semi in two weeks.

Absolute stupidity of the highest level. Did they think heading to the pub would help wash it away.

Were they 100% in the pub? Have heard ones say they were and others say they weren't. I don't k ow either way. If they were I assume it was the ones without covid. But sure the pubs are allowed to be open, if they said they caught it in work no one would bat an eye lid but because they potentially caught it in a pub everyone is up in arms.

Plus we don't know if it was the ones who were potentially in the pub that were the ones to catch it.

If they all caught it in a pub then it was a bit stupid alright but  they are too many unknowns to say for certain. Heck they could have all already been infected just before the ulster final and only showed symptoms the week after.

bennydorano

It's obvious the Tyronebots will defend their own til their dying breaths, but I'd imagine the Tyrone County Board and Management set up are furious they've been put in this position and made to look like some tinpot B team.

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on August 16, 2021, 10:32:44 PM
It's obvious the Tyronebots will defend their own til their dying breaths, but I'd imagine the Tyrone County Board and Management set up are furious they've been put in this position and made to look like some tinpot B team.

It's good we have the Armagh contingent to keep the world right. At least between them they can try and drag this out while everyone else moves on and enjoys the business end of the season.

bennydorano

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 16, 2021, 10:34:36 PM

It's good we have the Armagh contingent to keep the world right. At least between them they can try and drag this out while everyone else moves on and enjoys the business end of the season.
You keep mentioning Armagh as some sort of deflector shield (5th or 6th time), nobody is buying it. Tyrone need to own their mistakes.

Wildweasel74

Outside of Sligo and Fermanagh during the peak period last Yr, no other counties have had this sort outbreak and obviously watching themselves during championship, how did Tyrone so badly let their guard down.

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on August 16, 2021, 10:55:11 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 16, 2021, 10:34:36 PM

You keep mentioning Armagh as some sort of deflector shield (5th or 6th time), nobody is buying it. Tyrone need to own their mistakes.
It's getting to the stage the mods should think about merging this with the Armagh local discussion threads. I'm only joking, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that most of the posters giving out about this are from Armagh.

bennydorano

Irish News Tomorrow, Chair O'Kane Column. 

Tyrone v Kerry should have gone ahead this Saturday. Those that are fit to play, play. Those that aren't fit to play, don't play. If there's a player welfare issue, it's for Tyrone to deal with themselves. That's life. That's sport.

trueblue1234

Micheal Quirke

"Quirke said the right decision was reached in further delaying the second All-Ireland semi-final due to the Covid-19 outbreak in the Tyrone camp."