Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

dublin7

Looking forward to Colm O'Rourke's reaction to Kerry's gesture given how Mayo treated Louth that time

Has it come out if any of the Tyrone players infected got the covid vaccine or how many of the squad did. It would be interesting the see the levels of uptake in inter county squads. Even if they just gave percentage vaccinated like NFL teams have been required to do in the US

Milltown Row2

Is the ulster club competition happening this year?

I know it doesn't mean much to Tyrone clubs as they are crap :)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

I don't get the backslapping over this Kerry statement at all.

To do anything else would be heartless and a spectacular own-goal. Also, the statement is loaded with digs. The lowest one is that...'what are Tyrone at? We have been angels and it's not our fault'. God forbid there's an outbreak in the Kerry camp. They also don't say what they asked Croke. We'll never know.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

yellowcard

Mayo will now have to hang around for a month before an All Ireland final do they are probably the biggest losers in all of this. Also county boards up and down the country will have countless administrative headaches as clubs try to push the boundaries regarding postponements. Not to mention club players in Mayo and Kerry who would have planned holidays around a master fixture list that will now bot be implemented.

trueblue1234

Quote from: yellowcard on August 15, 2021, 09:21:41 PM
Mayo will now have to hang around for a month before an All Ireland final do they are probably the biggest losers in all of this. Also county boards up and down the country will have countless administrative headaches as clubs try to push the boundaries regarding postponements. Not to mention club players in Mayo and Kerry who would have planned holidays around a master fixture list that will now bot be implemented.

And not a thought for poor auld Kerry if they had no semi final. How long were they going to have between games?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

ONeill

Is that not the way it was for a century?

yellowcard

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2021, 09:29:06 PM

Is that not the way it was for a century?

Of course I'm just making the point that the GAA were put in an impossible situation. It's probably the best solution but that doesn't mean that everyone will be happy.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2021, 08:50:38 PM
I don't get the backslapping over this Kerry statement at all.

To do anything else would be heartless and a spectacular own-goal. Also, the statement is loaded with digs. The lowest one is that...'what are Tyrone at? We have been angels and it's not our fault'. God forbid there's an outbreak in the Kerry camp. They also don't say what they asked Croke. We'll never know.

Surprised by the reaction to it as well. The bit about how closely they have followed the guidelines reads like a thinly disguised dig that Tyrone apparently haven't. Wanting to play "at the earliest possible opportunity" rather than simply saying that they would like the game played and that they'll be ready when Tyrone are. Somewhat over the top about how much it has affected them. The world has been turned upside down over the past 18 months. Having to wait a couple of weeks to play a game of football shouldn't be a big deal.

Compare and contrast with Cork when Foot and Mouth postponed the All Ireland u 21 semi back in early noughties. That was a genuinely classy response.

HiMucker

Have to say, as a Derry man with absolutely no love for Tyrone, the Kerry statement lacked class. Tyrone always should have got the extra week they requested. Any talk that they are at it is absolute madness. That's not to say I won't wind up Tyrone ones that they were  :)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: HiMucker on August 15, 2021, 11:10:44 PM
Have to say, as a Derry man with absolutely no love for Tyrone, the Kerry statement lacked class. Tyrone always should have got the extra week they requested. Any talk that they are at it is absolute madness. That's not to say I won't wind up Tyrone ones that they were  :)
Has been plenty of chat on Twitter about Tyrone's history of mastery of the dark arts and that unless evidence of Covid in the players was produced, there is a high likelihood that it was all a ploy to rest injured players. They are an awful shower  ;) but they have earned the right to play the SF.

ONeill

yellowcard

There will be some outcry if Tyrone turn up with a full deck plus a fit McShane and Canavan lining out and manage to beat Kerry.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Main Street

The Kerry statement released was gracious and sporting. Some typical miserly Tyrone begrudging reaction notwithstanding, the GAA world should applaud such generosity coming from the Kerry GAA community which no doubt played a large part in the decision to postpone the game for another week.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 15, 2021, 11:39:57 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on August 15, 2021, 11:10:44 PM
Has been plenty of chat on Twitter about Tyrone's history of mastery of the dark arts and that unless evidence of Covid in the players was produced, there is a high likelihood that it was all a ploy to rest injured players. They are an awful shower  ;) but they have earned the right to play the SF.
Drat, you've sussed the dark masterplan