Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 14, 2021, 10:47:27 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on August 14, 2021, 10:31:55 PMWasting your time Fionntamhnach.

It was only around 2-3 weeks ago that Fermanagh & Omagh DC had the lowest per 100k 7 day incidence rate of all 11 northern councils, then it shot up fairly quickly. It's worth going to the NI Dashboard link and look at the postcode areas. Outside of Strabane, Tyrone is covered in pretty much dark grey.

It's very changeable and lags etc. They hardly knew then it would be that high now.

I think some people would seem to want the track and trace data of every player here reading some stuff.

joemamas

Reality is that the GAA will give Tyrone an extra week.
Does anyone think that a team will get a walkover in all-Ireland semi-final, because the GAA would not give an extra week to a team impacted by covid.
They should just announce it tomorrow, if the all Ireland has still to be on sept 4th, so be it,
But that will also be pushed back a week.

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 07:12:03 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 07:02:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 06:58:58 PM
(1) Amateur - yeah, dead on
(2) Personal responsibility ffs, nevermind anything else. Let's go on the lash in numerous random pubs during the 3rd or 4th wave of a pandemic

Personal responsibility? Pubs are open. Going to a pub or multiple pubs is allowed. I was at one last night. Do I think I was lacking personal responsibility? Not a bit. Have a word with yourself ffs.
Are you on an Inter County Senior panel preparing for an AISF? I'd say if you were you might have waited a few weeks, not that big a sacrifice.
I would say you're serious craic...

GJL

Quote from: joemamas on August 14, 2021, 10:51:24 PM
Does anyone think that a team will get a walkover in all-Ireland semi-final, because the GAA would not give an extra week to a team impacted by covid.
They should just announce it tomorrow, if the all Ireland has still to be on sept 4th, so be it,
One of the very few sensible posts on here today.

The Black Mamba

Did all the Tyrone panel get the vaccine? (Not that it offers 100% protection) The case numbers seem very high if the panel was fully vaccinated.

yellowcard

Quote from: joemamas on August 14, 2021, 10:51:24 PM

Except that you don't know if that's the reality at all, that's just mere speculation. Tyrone have chosen themselves to give Kerry a walkover.

There will be club championship games up and down the country cancelled if the GAA decide to set a precedent and postpone a match in order to give a team extra time so that all of their players can recover.

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 10:48:10 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 14, 2021, 08:49:55 PM
Kerry should say that they are not available the week after next, as they are getting their hair done.

Comparing getting your hair done to having COVID shows that you nor anyone close to you has suffered from it. For your sake I hope it stays like that. Its a terrible
disease even for the fit and healthy.

I have never underestimated Covid. If someone has Covid then they should not be playing in two weeks either. This is not about player welfare, it is about Tyrone trying to get a particular team playing. It would be like Mayo asking for the final to be moved to October because Cillian O'Connor would be fit then.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Quote from: armaghniac on August 14, 2021, 11:41:38 PM
Kerry should say that they are not available the week after next, as they are getting their hair done.

Comparing getting your hair done to having COVID shows that you nor anyone close to you has suffered from it. For your sake I hope it stays like that. Its a terrible

I have never underestimated Covid. If someone has Covid then they should not be playing in two weeks either. This is not about player welfare, it is about Tyrone trying to get a particular team playing. It would be like Mayo asking for the final to be moved to October because Cillian O'Connor would be fit then.
This is true to an extent in that they want to be able to field a team from their squad. With 20 positive cases that's impossible. Which is why they are prepared to forfeit the game. There's a chance they might struggle to get a team the following week as well. In fact I would seriously doubt they'll have a full deck to work from. But at least there's a chance.
It's very different from asking for 2 months postponement for one player. But I think you and your Armagh compadres know that.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

bennydorano

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 14, 2021, 11:03:46 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 10:29:21 PMWith such a high incidence rate they probably shouldn't have went bar crawling.

The incidence rates in Mid-Ulster and Fermanagh & Omagh council areas a fortnight ago was a good bit lower than what it presently is, in fact Mid Ulster's rate was initially heading downward as was the NI overall rate.

28th July - Derry & Strabane (516.9)(4/11), Mid-Ulster (538.6)(2/11), Ferm & Omagh (270.9)(11/11) - NI rate was 483.6
3rd August - Derry & Strabane (510.0)(2/11), Mid-Ulster (473.3)(3/11), Ferm & Omagh (352.6)(9/11) - NI rate was 435.9.

Sourced from the info provided by Darran Marshall on Twitter (@DarranMarshall)
Tyrone minors did well to avoid it then considering numbers are higher in the younger demographic. Then again they're probably not pub crawling

Main Street

It's well within the GAA's prerogative to deal with a crisis affecting an AI semi final differently than other situations. Afaic it's a no brainer (if Kerry are agreeable) to postpone the game another week, the first semi final drama has whetted the appetite even more for this game to happen.
Without Tyrone in the last 4 there's the prospect of the dreaded stain of the asterix being permanently affixed to the winner's credentials.

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on August 15, 2021, 12:04:26 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 14, 2021, 11:03:46 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 10:29:21 PMWith such a high incidence rate they probably shouldn't have went bar crawling.

The incidence rates in Mid-Ulster and Fermanagh & Omagh council areas a fortnight ago was a good bit lower than what it presently is, in fact Mid Ulster's rate was initially heading downward as was the NI overall rate.

28th July - Derry & Strabane (516.9)(4/11), Mid-Ulster (538.6)(2/11), Ferm & Omagh (270.9)(11/11) - NI rate was 483.6
3rd August - Derry & Strabane (510.0)(2/11), Mid-Ulster (473.3)(3/11), Ferm & Omagh (352.6)(9/11) - NI rate was 435.9.

Sourced from the info provided by Darran Marshall on Twitter (@DarranMarshall)
Tyrone minors did well to avoid it then considering numbers are higher in the younger demographic. Then again they're probably not pub crawling
You have an unhealthy obsession with pubs.

RedHand88

If mayo had 20 positive cases they would be entitled to ask.

David McKeown

Quote from: Main Street on August 15, 2021, 12:23:39 AM
It's well within the GAA's prerogative to deal with a crisis affecting an AI semi final differently than other situations. Afaic it's a no brainer (if Kerry are agreeable) to postpone the game another week, the first semi final drama has whetted the appetite even more for this game to happen.
Without Tyrone in the last 4 there's the prospect of the dreaded stain of the asterix being permanently affixed to the winner's credentials.

It's a very dangerous precedent to set though. As noted other teams have lost players to Covid over the last year or so and didn't get their games put back some could argue they were knocked out as a result. Similarly going forward teams will no doubt lose players to Covid. Do you allow two weeks for them as well. Will there be a minimum of players have to be effected, if so what's the number. Is there a level the game has to be at? If so what level?  What if Covid continues to next year? This is far from an easy decision. If it were me I'd give Tyrone more time but then I don't have to worry about these other issues.

I don't like the idea of a county board issuing an ultimatum to HQ either. This should have been resolved behind closed doors. If Tyrone issued the statement yesterday as a tactic (and I stress if) then I don't like it as I could see an avalanche of similar tactics over the next coming years from other teams to get what they want many of which may not be as meritorious as what Tyrone are trying to achieve. It reminds me of the injunction tactic before the formation of the DRA. I feel it's very unedifying.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

nrico2006

How deluded are you? Tyrone are trying to simply have their team available, which is decimated by a virus and its nothing like the example you gave.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

How often are county squads tested?

And who carries out the testing?