Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 09:53:41 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 09:52:05 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 09:44:46 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 09:41:06 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 09:30:31 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 09:27:55 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 06:22:12 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 05:19:17 PM
If footage emerges of one group of Tyrone players on the lash after the Ulster Final in Dungannon and of another group in the Moy and Pomeroy, there'll be a few red faces. I suspect it will too.

Why? They would be entitled to a drink. No rules broken. Boys out after winning ulster is hardly surprising. And should be of no interest to the GAA.
However if Tyrone were having indoor meetings and not following COVID restrictions as a group that's a different matter.

Not true in this instance.

The game was due to be played tomorrow. When a request was made to change this then the GAA should at the very least expect honesty and full candour in detailing the current state of affairs and how they came about. I am not saying either of those things have been missing btw
Why? They can ask if it was transmitted through GAA activities (indoor meeting etc). Other than that it's not relevant.

No.

The game is scheduled. If you want it moved the competition organiser is entitled to ask why and how it came about? If the problem is self inflicted (and I'm not saying it is) then the competition organiser will rightly bear that in mind. An example being there is a week slack in the system, you can have that but no more.

The question is valid. I don't know what the factual answer is
It's not valid. It's not self inflicted. The gaa has not asked players to limit their social life's. If they had, you could make that argument. How they got it if outside GAA activities is none of their interest. It's as simple as that.

The GAA will only know that if they ask the question and get it answered. Simple enough process

Yes they can ask Tyrone if they were following Covid restrictions during trainings, gaa activities etc. That's it.
Completely disagree.

My reason for disagreeing is that there are enough players to fulfil this fixture but it Tyrone want a deferral in order to have a particular bunch of players available then the GAA are entitled to ask how this chronic situation came about? Whether it's self inflicted or not must surely have an impact on the degree to which the GAA are prepared to yield ?

Normally when you ask for a favour you place your hands in the party with the power to grant the favour

LCohen

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 09:54:14 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 09:47:47 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 09:36:51 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 09:34:06 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 07:02:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 06:58:58 PM
(1) Amateur - yeah, dead on
(2) Personal responsibility ffs, nevermind anything else. Let's go on the lash in numerous random pubs during the 3rd or 4th wave of a pandemic

Personal responsibility? Pubs are open. Going to a pub or multiple pubs is allowed. I was at one last night. Do I think I was lacking personal responsibility? Not a bit. Have a word with yourself ffs.

Are you telling me that if you were part of a group with 4 or 5 positive cases you would head to pub?
Define group. Being in a squad doesn't automatically make you a close contact.

More than one person, sharing vehicle or indoor space, or close and repeated contact in physical contact outdoors. Something like that.

But suffice to say if I was training regularly with a bunch of lads and 5 went down with Covid 1 week I would be very careful the following week. You might think I am being unreasonable but please explain why?
So given all this contact, it probably was nothing to do with the pub?
Who knows. Hence the questions and the need for answers.

LCohen

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 09:59:55 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 09:58:27 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 09:52:16 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 09:50:22 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 09:42:58 PM
If footage emerges of one group of Tyrone players on the lash after the Ulster Final in Dungannon and of another group in the Moy and Pomeroy, there'll be a few red faces. I suspect it will too.

Why? They would be entitled to a drink. No rules broken. Boys out after winning ulster is hardly surprising. And should be of no interest to the GAA.
However if Tyrone were having indoor meetings and not following COVID restrictions as a group that's a different matter.

The game was due to be played tomorrow. When a request was made to change this then the GAA should at the very least expect honesty and full candour in detailing the current state of affairs and how they came about. I am not saying either of those things have been missing btw
Why? They can ask if it was transmitted through GAA activities (indoor meeting etc). Other than that it's not relevant.

No.

The game is scheduled. If you want it moved the competition organiser is entitled to ask why and how it came about? If the problem is self inflicted (and I'm not saying it is) then the competition organiser will rightly bear that in mind. An example being there is a week slack in the system, you can have that but no more.

The huge point you are missing here is that the reason the GAA are putting the game off is because it is massively within their interests to do so.

Not really a reason to not answer the question though is it?
What question?
Jesus

How badly are Tyrone impacted and how did it come about?
"We've X amount of players positive. X amount bed ridden. X amount doing alright."

" More than one person, sharing vehicle or indoor space, or close and repeated contact in physical contact outdoors. Something like that."

"Sorry, one boy took a shit in a public toilet in Benburb."

There would probably be follow up questions.

trueblue1234

Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 10:04:29 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 09:53:41 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 09:52:05 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 09:44:46 PM

No.

It's not valid. It's not self inflicted. The gaa has not asked players to limit their social life's. If they had, you could make that argument. How they got it if outside GAA activities is none of their interest. It's as simple as that.

The GAA will only know that if they ask the question and get it answered. Simple enough process

Yes they can ask Tyrone if they were following Covid restrictions during trainings, gaa activities etc. That's it.
Completely disagree.

My reason for disagreeing is that there are enough players to fulfil this fixture but it Tyrone want a deferral in order to have a particular bunch of players available then the GAA are entitled to ask how this chronic situation came about? Whether it's self inflicted or not must surely have an impact on the degree to which the GAA are prepared to yield ?

Normally when you ask for a favour you place your hands in the party with the power to grant the favour

So we obviously aren't going to agree. As the gaa just need to know if Tyrone were not following Covid restrictions during GAA activities. Nothing else. There's 20 cases. So take these 20 out and they can't field. Let's not go down the. BS route of talking about pulling club players in at this stage.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 09:42:18 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 14, 2021, 09:31:03 PM
The current state of affairs yes but how they came about no. They don't own these players.
Then play with different players

Why?

Wildweasel74

Must be a lot of anti vacs round Tyrone.

bennydorano

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 14, 2021, 10:16:24 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on August 14, 2021, 09:55:18 PM
Is it even possible to prove where a person caught covid? We are dealing with probabilities and as every player has a life outside football, it is impossible to say whether or not they caught it through "GAA activities".

Worth bearing in mind the following...

* In d'north, the three local council areas with the current highest +ve cases per 100k population over 7 days (last measured 6th - 12th Aug) are Fermanagh & Omagh (707.0), Derry City & Strabane (635.9) & Mid-Ulster (558.8 ), the three council areas that cover Tyrone. NI average rate is 496.7.

* In comparison to over in Britain, only the Kingston Upon Hull (i.e. Hull city) local authority area has at present a +ve cases per 100k population over 7 day rate higher than any of the three NI council areas mentioned above (Their info on cases from NI seems to lag).

* Direct comparisons with case measurement in the Republic isn't easy as they deal their statistics of +ve cases per 100k population over a period of 14 days rather than 7, but as a crude measurement of dividing their figures by 2 to get a rough 7 day rate then the only places that rank alongside the three NI council areas mentioned are the northern end of Donegal along with the Westport & Swinford LEA's of Mayo.

TL;DR - Tyrone is pretty rife with COVID-19 cases at the moment, especially in comparison to the rest of Ireland or even in Britain.

Edit: Just to add, in terms of +ve cases being of those whom are under 40 years old in the period of 6 - 12 August, this makes up 62% of cases in Derry & Strabane, 67% of cases in Mid-Ulster and 68% of cases in Fermanagh & Omagh.

--

NI COVID-19 "Dashboard" - https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGYxNjYzNmUtOTlmZS00ODAxLWE1YTEtMjA0NjZhMzlmN2JmIiwidCI6IjljOWEzMGRlLWQ4ZDctNGFhNC05NjAwLTRiZTc2MjVmZjZjNSIsImMiOjh9
Ireland's COVID-19 Data Hub - https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/
UK Government COVID-19 Data site - https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
With such a high incidence rate they probably shouldn't have went bar crawling.

imtommygunn

If they are within guidelines/ regulations etc then what is the problem? Going to bars is within regulation?

reddgnhand

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 14, 2021, 10:16:24 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on August 14, 2021, 09:55:18 PM
Is it even possible to prove where a person caught covid? We are dealing with probabilities and as every player has a life outside football, it is impossible to say whether or not they caught it through "GAA activities".

Worth bearing in mind the following...

* In d'north, the three local council areas with the current highest +ve cases per 100k population over 7 days (last measured 6th - 12th Aug) are Fermanagh & Omagh (707.0), Derry City & Strabane (635.9) & Mid-Ulster (558.8 ), the three council areas that cover Tyrone. NI average rate is 496.7.

* In comparison to over in Britain, only the Kingston Upon Hull (i.e. Hull city) local authority area has at present a +ve cases per 100k population over 7 day rate higher than any of the three NI council areas mentioned above (Their info on cases from NI seems to lag).

* Direct comparisons with case measurement in the Republic isn't easy as they deal their statistics of +ve cases per 100k population over a period of 14 days rather than 7, but as a crude measurement of dividing their figures by 2 to get a rough 7 day rate then the only places that rank alongside the three NI council areas mentioned are the northern end of Donegal along with the Westport & Swinford LEA's of Mayo.

TL;DR - Tyrone is pretty rife with COVID-19 cases at the moment, especially in comparison to the rest of Ireland or even in Britain.

Edit: Just to add, in terms of +ve cases being of those whom are under 40 years old in the period of 6 - 12 August, this makes up 62% of cases in Derry & Strabane, 67% of cases in Mid-Ulster and 68% of cases in Fermanagh & Omagh.

--

NI COVID-19 "Dashboard" - https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGYxNjYzNmUtOTlmZS00ODAxLWE1YTEtMjA0NjZhMzlmN2JmIiwidCI6IjljOWEzMGRlLWQ4ZDctNGFhNC05NjAwLTRiZTc2MjVmZjZjNSIsImMiOjh9
Ireland's COVID-19 Data Hub - https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/
UK Government COVID-19 Data site - https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Wasting your time Fionntamhnach.

bennydorano

Ah ffs boys are yis Shamateurs or not. Irish League levels of commitment here

RedHand88

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 14, 2021, 10:31:44 PM
If they are within guidelines/ regulations etc then what is the problem? Going to bars is within regulation?

Wouldn't matter. Tyrone must be hung, drawn and quartered according to some posters who carry a huge chip on their shoulder.

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 10:39:34 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 14, 2021, 10:31:44 PM

Wouldn't matter. Tyrone must be hung, drawn and quartered according to some posters who carry a huge chip on their shoulder.

No, what we want is Tyrone hung and Dublin quartered.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

No.

Wtf are you on about? A reason was given, it was that 20 members of the squad are positive. How is this not a reason?

trueblue1234

To be fair, t'is good to see it's the Armagh wans fighting the good fight. Just happens to be a coincidence don't ya know!! 😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Quote from: armaghniac on August 14, 2021, 08:49:55 PM
Kerry should say that they are not available the week after next, as they are getting their hair done.

Comparing getting your hair done to having COVID shows that you nor anyone close to you has suffered from it. For your sake I hope it stays like that. Its a terrible
disease even for the fit and healthy.