Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

reddgnhand

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 14, 2021, 08:56:34 PM
Some boys hiding behind anonymous usernames calling the Tyrone team cowards for something they haven't done.
Stay classy.  ::)
Sure you know where they're from.

lenny

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 08:39:54 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 14, 2021, 08:37:05 PM
Quite bizarre that Tyrone pulled out, they've plenty of other boys on the panel or that they have that could be called up. But no, they cut their nose off to spite their face.
I'd say they'll be backtracking now the dubs are out. Cowards is right

How big do you think the panel is? Because they really do not.

They had 21 training this week. I'd say a fair few of their covid cases were asymptomatic so they'll be available to train this week. They're more than capable of fielding on Saturday next. Even with none of the covid players they could've called up top club players like mcaliskey who could've slotted in seamlessly.

LCohen

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 06:22:12 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 05:19:17 PM
If footage emerges of one group of Tyrone players on the lash after the Ulster Final in Dungannon and of another group in the Moy and Pomeroy, there'll be a few red faces. I suspect it will too.

Why? They would be entitled to a drink. No rules broken. Boys out after winning ulster is hardly surprising. And should be of no interest to the GAA.
However if Tyrone were having indoor meetings and not following COVID restrictions as a group that's a different matter.

Not true in this instance.

The game was due to be played tomorrow. When a request was made to change this then the GAA should at the very least expect honesty and full candour in detailing the current state of affairs and how they came about. I am not saying either of those things have been missing btw

trueblue1234

Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 09:27:55 PM
If footage emerges of one group of Tyrone players on the lash after the Ulster Final in Dungannon and of another group in the Moy and Pomeroy, there'll be a few red faces. I suspect it will too.

Why? They would be entitled to a drink. No rules broken. Boys out after winning ulster is hardly surprising. And should be of no interest to the GAA.
However if Tyrone were having indoor meetings and not following COVID restrictions as a group that's a different matter.

The game was due to be played tomorrow. When a request was made to change this then the GAA should at the very least expect honesty and full candour in detailing the current state of affairs and how they came about. I am not saying either of those things have been missing btw
Why? They can ask if it was transmitted through GAA activities (indoor meeting etc). Other than that it's not relevant.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

The current state of affairs yes but how they came about no. They don't own these players.

LCohen

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 06:43:35 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 14, 2021, 05:18:06 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 14, 2021, 04:10:00 PM
Can someone from Tyrone fill me in on why they can't field? They've had a long enough isolation period to be able to put a team out.. Plenty of clubs including my own have had players back playing as soon as they tested negative after having COVID.

If that's the case they shouldn't have, and is against medical and government advice regarding elite athletes and covid.

Well that's a lie red hand.. it's 10 days isolation.. They've had long enough and if it's pushed back again then that interferes with every club championship. Tyrone should be out and not mess up the Gaelic calendar

I could show you a dozen articles warning about the risk of returning to full training after a positive test. Here is just one. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2772398

Here's an American one. https://www.healthline.com/health-news/returning-to-exercise-after-recovering-from-covid-19-what-to-know#New-guidelines-for-embracing-fitness-after-COVID-19

You know what, here's a third. Pulmonologists in the Lancet recommend no more than "light aerobic exercise like walking" from days 10 to 17 after testing positive.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30175-2/fulltext

So I'm not lying at all. Do you really expect Tyrone to play an all ireland semi final this week?
It's going to be really interesting to see which players are involved here. Going to have a massive impact on the Tyrone club championship. 20 lads unable to train for 3 to 6 months could have a very disproportionate impact on some clubs when we see which players are impacted.

LCohen

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 07:02:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 06:58:58 PM
(1) Amateur - yeah, dead on
(2) Personal responsibility ffs, nevermind anything else. Let's go on the lash in numerous random pubs during the 3rd or 4th wave of a pandemic

Personal responsibility? Pubs are open. Going to a pub or multiple pubs is allowed. I was at one last night. Do I think I was lacking personal responsibility? Not a bit. Have a word with yourself ffs.

Are you telling me that if you were part of a group with 4 or 5 positive cases you would head to pub?

LCohen

bennydorano

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 14, 2021, 09:31:03 PM
The current state of affairs yes but how they came about no. They don't own these players.
If you can't see that missing an AISF because they went on the lash in the middle of a Pandemic looks bad I dunno. That argument might go down alrite with the lads down the boozer but few others.

trueblue1234

Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 09:34:06 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 07:02:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 06:58:58 PM
(1) Amateur - yeah, dead on
(2) Personal responsibility ffs, nevermind anything else. Let's go on the lash in numerous random pubs during the 3rd or 4th wave of a pandemic

Personal responsibility? Pubs are open. Going to a pub or multiple pubs is allowed. I was at one last night. Do I think I was lacking personal responsibility? Not a bit. Have a word with yourself ffs.

Are you telling me that if you were part of a group with 4 or 5 positive cases you would head to pub?
Define group. Being in a squad doesn't automatically make you a close contact.

reddgnhand

Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 09:36:04 PM
If you can't see that missing an AISF because they went on the lash in the middle of a Pandemic looks bad I dunno. That argument might go down alrite with the lads down the boozer but few others.
No one allowed a beer now?

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 09:36:04 PM

In your opinion. Many others accept these guys have had restricted enough social lifes and it's not surprising that some of the squad celebrated winning a Ulster championship.

LCohen

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 09:30:31 PM

Why? They can ask if it was transmitted through GAA activities (indoor meeting etc). Other than that it's not relevant.

No.

The game is scheduled. If you want it moved the competition organiser is entitled to ask why and how it came about? If the problem is self inflicted (and I'm not saying it is) then the competition organiser will rightly bear that in mind. An example being there is a week slack in the system, you can have that but no more.

The question is valid. I don't know what the factual answer is

LCohen

Then play with different players

LCohen

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 09:32:52 PM

Wise yourself up.

What is your point?

Game is scheduled. If you want it moved you come with the full facts and as for a dispensation. Don't pretend that is not reasonable