Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Snapchap

Quote from: lenny on August 14, 2021, 04:32:09 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 14, 2021, 04:10:00 PM
Can someone from Tyrone fill me in on why they can't field? They've had a long enough isolation period to be able to put a team out.. Plenty of clubs including my own have had players back playing as soon as they tested negative after having COVID.

If that's the case they shouldn't have, and is against medical and government advice regarding elite athletes and covid.

Tyrone are calling the gaa's bluff here expecting them to back down. The gaa shouldn't give in to this bullying behaviour. The simple solution is to ask Monaghan to represent Ulster in the all Ireland. The Monaghan players won't have lost any fitness as they've been training with their clubs in the last 2 weeks.
Yeah sure why do county teams bother training at all if training separately with their clubs is just a effective.

Such a bit on nonsense. Sending Monaghan out to face Kerry in an AI Semi with no training would be akin to sending put a club team. Lambs to the slaughter. A daft suggestion.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Snapchap on August 14, 2021, 05:39:57 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 14, 2021, 04:32:09 PM
Can someone from Tyrone fill me in on why they can't field? They've had a long enough isolation period to be able to put a team out.. Plenty of clubs including my own have had players back playing as soon as they tested negative after having COVID.

If that's the case they shouldn't have, and is against medical and government advice regarding elite athletes and covid.

Tyrone are calling the gaa's bluff here expecting them to back down. The gaa shouldn't give in to this bullying behaviour. The simple solution is to ask Monaghan to represent Ulster in the all Ireland. The Monaghan players won't have lost any fitness as they've been training with their clubs in the last 2 weeks.
Yeah sure why do county teams bother training at all if training separately with their clubs is just a effective.

Such a bit on nonsense. Sending Monaghan out to face Kerry in an AI Semi with no training would be akin to sending put a club team. Lambs to the slaughter. A daft suggestion.
To be fair, would you expect any different from Lenny?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Estimator

Fergal has said Tyrone are not forfeiting, only stating that they cannot fulfill the fixture next week and they want the extra week.
Ulster League Champions 2009

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 05:19:17 PM
If footage emerges of one group of Tyrone players on the lash after the Ulster Final in Dungannon and of another group in the Moy and Pomeroy, there'll be a few red faces. I suspect it will too.

Why? They would be entitled to a drink. No rules broken. Boys out after winning ulster is hardly surprising. And should be of no interest to the GAA.
However if Tyrone were having indoor meetings and not following COVID restrictions as a group that's a different matter.

armaghniac

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 06:22:12 PM
If footage emerges of one group of Tyrone players on the lash after the Ulster Final in Dungannon and of another group in the Moy and Pomeroy, there'll be a few red faces. I suspect it will too.

Why? They would be entitled to a drink. No rules broken. Boys out after winning ulster is hardly surprising. And should be of no interest to the GAA.
However if Tyrone were having indoor meetings and not following COVID restrictions as a group that's a different matter.

Covid is about, one or two people might get it. That is no reason for postponement of the game. If a load of people have it, then they likely got it from each other and the game should not be postponed for something Tyrone did to themselves. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Quote from: armaghniac on August 14, 2021, 06:34:25 PM

Covid is about, one or two people might get it. That is no reason for postponement of the game. If a load of people have it, then they likely got it from each other and the game should not be postponed for something Tyrone did to themselves.

Did to themselves? Such bollix. Tyrone is rife with COVID at the minute. The GAA have already postponed the game. So they obviously don't agree with you. And rightly so. Whether they are in a position to over a longer.

Wildweasel74

Any chance you can wait to the Mayo game over. Fed up Tyrone trying to be the centre of attention.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 14, 2021, 06:40:07 PM
Any chance you can wait to the Mayo game over. Fed up Tyrone trying to be the centre of attention.

It's not shapchat. The posts will still be there for you after the game ya clown.

bennydorano

Yapping looking delays and playing a bluffers hand imo. Tomas O'Se has obviously seen the footage, he wasn't having it. Can't play the poor mouth if it's self inflicted.

If this first semi continues in the same scour vein, Tyrone will probably get their stay of execution as the GAA will be hoping for a decent game of football somewhere along the way (Ulster Championship aside).

RedHand88

Quote from: Mourne Red on August 14, 2021, 05:18:06 PM

Well that's a lie red hand.. it's 10 days isolation.. They've had long enough and if it's pushed back again then that interferes with every club championship. Tyrone should be out and not mess up the Gaelic calendar

I could show you a dozen articles warning about the risk of returning to full training after a positive test. Here is just one. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2772398

Here's an American one. https://www.healthline.com/health-news/returning-to-exercise-after-recovering-from-covid-19-what-to-know#New-guidelines-for-embracing-fitness-after-COVID-19

You know what, here's a third. Pulmonologists in the Lancet recommend no more than "light aerobic exercise like walking" from days 10 to 17 after testing positive.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30175-2/fulltext

So I'm not lying at all. Do you really expect Tyrone to play an all ireland semi final this week?

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 06:42:13 PM

Yapping looking delays and playing a bluffers hand imo. Thomas O'Se has obviously seen the footage, he wasn't having it. Can't play the poor mouth if it's self inflicted.

If this first semi continues in the same scour vein, Tyrone will probably get their stay of execution as the GAA will be hoping for a decent game of football somewhere along the way (Ulster Championship aside).

Seen what? Boys out in a pub? I'll be keen to see where the GAA could use that as a reason to give or not give a postponement. It's an amateur sport, some people need to cop on to that.

bennydorano

(1) Amateur - yeah, dead on
(2) Personal responsibility ffs, nevermind anything else. Let's go on the lash in numerous random pubs during the 3rd or 4th wave of a pandemic

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 06:58:58 PM
(2) Personal responsibility ffs, nevermind anything else. Let's go on the lash in numerous random pubs during the 3rd or 4th wave of a pandemic

Personal responsibility? Pubs are open. Going to a pub or multiple pubs is allowed. I was at one last night. Do I think I was lacking personal responsibility? Not a bit. Have a word with yourself ffs.

Mourne Red

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 06:43:35 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 14, 2021, 05:18:06 PM

Well that's a lie red hand.. it's 10 days isolation.. They've had long enough and if it's pushed back again then that interferes with every club championship. Tyrone should be out and not mess up the Gaelic calendar

I could show you a dozen articles warning about the risk of returning to full training after a positive test. Here is just one. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2772398

Here's an American one. https://www.healthline.com/health-news/returning-to-exercise-after-recovering-from-covid-19-what-to-know#New-guidelines-for-embracing-fitness-after-COVID-19

You know what, here's a third. Pulmonologists in the Lancet recommend no more than "light aerobic exercise like walking" from days 10 to 17 after testing positive.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30175-2/fulltext

So I'm not lying at all. Do you really expect Tyrone to play an all ireland semi final this week?

Did you read those articles? Says 3 to 6 months before returning? Away and jog on Red Hand, how long do you want to wait? Until next year.. Tyrone can't fulfil the fixture if you're going down the toute of those articles.. Kerry vs Dublin final, Tyrone shouldn't hold up the whole club championship.. Try again next year

bennydorano

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 07:02:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 06:58:58 PM

Personal responsibility? Pubs are open. Going to a pub or multiple pubs is allowed. I was at one last night. Do I think I was lacking personal responsibility? Not a bit. Have a word with yourself ffs.
Are you on an Inter County Senior panel preparing for an AISF? I'd say if you were you might have waited a few weeks, not that big a sacrifice.