Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Armagh18

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 14, 2021, 02:58:03 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 02:56:01 PM
Tyrone have assessed the situation of their players and have announced that they cannot play the game next week.

No more, no less.

We can speculate 'til the cows come home but it makes no difference. If the GAA decide that Kerry continue to the final, so be it.

Tyrone have done nothing wrong here as far as I can see.

If 20 of your players catch Covid they have done something wrong
Catch a grip.

RedHand88

Ticket sale has just went live on the website. GAA are calling Tyrones raise and going all in.

Armagh18

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 14, 2021, 04:05:34 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 14, 2021, 03:35:18 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 14, 2021, 03:27:13 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 14, 2021, 03:21:53 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 14, 2021, 03:06:29 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 14, 2021, 03:02:02 PM
Tyrone have assessed the situation of their players and have announced that they cannot play the game next week.

No more, no less.

We can speculate 'til the cows come home but it makes no difference. If the GAA decide that Kerry continue to the final, so be it.

Footballers don't exist in a parallel universe, many ways to catch covid and then very easy spread in a squad

Correct. But other counties weren't ravaged. There was clearly an outbreak within the panel and spread within the panel. That's on the management. Specifically celebations after the Ulster final.

What celebrations?

It s alleged they cut loose and went on a bender after the UF

Alleged. So not 'specifically celebrations after the Ulster Final.'

Ok. The Tyrone players went on the lash after the UF. That's not in dispute. Whether or not thats how Covid entered the bubble or not is a legitimate question. But you can be damn sure Kerry weren't that foolish.
Nothing to celebrate about winning a Munster championship for Kerry that's why. Unfortunately Tyrone didn't have the luxury of winning a provincial in second gear....

tyrone08

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 04:48:31 PM
Ticket sale has just went live on the website. GAA are calling Tyrones raise and going all in.

How are there tickets for sale. Surely now with tyrones statement kerry are through to the final.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 14, 2021, 04:45:54 PM

No more, no less.

Catch a grip.

Why? This is a shitshow

Mourne Red

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 14, 2021, 04:10:00 PM
Can someone from Tyrone fill me in on why they can't field? They've had a long enough isolation period to be able to put a team out.. Plenty of clubs including my own have had players back playing as soon as they tested negative after having COVID.

If that's the case they shouldn't have, and is against medical and government advice regarding elite athletes and covid.

Well that's a lie red hand.. it's 10 days isolation.. They've had long enough and if it's pushed back again then that interferes with every club championship. Tyrone should be out and not mess up the Gaelic calendar

nrico2006

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 14, 2021, 04:22:06 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 14, 2021, 04:20:54 PM

No more, no less.

Seriously, so anybody who has caught or died from co-vid have done something wrong?

When 20 people in a group get it, yes, something went wrong.

Seriously. You are talking about a group of players who are from various parts of a large geographical area, not a small town classroom here. From Glenmornan up to the Moy and every town in between, of course the risk is higher given the players are out working etc. eveyday in all parts of the country.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

If footage emerges of one group of Tyrone players on the lash after the Ulster Final in Dungannon and of another group in the Moy and Pomeroy, there'll be a few red faces. I suspect it will too.

nrico2006

Quote from: Mourne Red on August 14, 2021, 05:18:06 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 14, 2021, 04:10:00 PM
Can someone from Tyrone fill me in on why they can't field? They've had a long enough isolation period to be able to put a team out.. Plenty of clubs including my own have had players back playing as soon as they tested negative after having COVID.

If that's the case they shouldn't have, and is against medical and government advice regarding elite athletes and covid.

Well that's a lie red hand.. it's 10 days isolation.. They've had long enough and if it's pushed back again then that interferes with every club championship. Tyrone should be out and not mess up the Gaelic calendar

Sure the calendar is always messed up and even more so since COVID.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Wildweasel74

Brave men out on the Lash in Dungannon, town got so rough rough on it.

seafoid

The GAA has dug itself into a hole. Rules v Medicine

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

LCohen

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 05:04:48 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 04:40:45 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 04:34:03 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 04:28:49 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 04:24:38 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 04:19:20 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 04:16:29 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 04:10:53 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 04:08:44 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 03:55:17 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 03:49:55 PM
And until they do that, we just sit and wait.....

Break that down.

If the GAA are refusing to make a clear statement you expect the media to embarrass them in to action.

Similarly if they refuse to ask the right questions and demand answers then the media will hang them out to dry. Rightly.

If GAA announce that they have asked the correct questions of Tyrone but Tyrone did not comply then I would expect the strongest possible punishment for Tyrone.

All of the above can happen quickly. No need to wait around
I honestly hope that works out for you.

Are there any of the questions that you don't think should be asked/answered?
No.
What steps do you think should be taken to ensure they are asked and answered?

And if comes to it and they are asked but not answered what should happen?
No idea.

No point talking about it until they're asked.

If you are telling me that the week extension was granted without these questions be asked and answered I would have to say I'm very surprised. I would think other counties (not least Kerry, Sligo and Fermanagh) would be outraged (rightly) by that fact.
If a further extension request was submitted and updated answers not sought and provided I would be also shocked.
I'm not telling you that. I've no idea.

Well when you asked what step should be taken you said you would answer that until key questions were asked. That just looks like evasion as we both know there is no set of circumstances in which they questions have not already been asked on at least 1 occasion
I don't know what questions have been asked nor the answers given.

So we are back to looking at what steps should be taken if the questions are not answered. What is your view on that issue? Ie the question you were asked a while back

LCohen

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on August 14, 2021, 05:25:09 PM
The GAA has dug itself into a hole. Rules v Medicine
More like one rule for Tyrone and another for Sligo and Fermanagh.

imtommygunn

Some people here seem to think that these boys are professionals who should be living in bubbles by the sounds of it. They're not owned by the Gaa or Tyrone Gaa. If some of them haven't shown personal responsibility bigger problem for workmates and family than some random joe Gaa supporter who'll never be near them. That's not to say they haven't been. Tbh 20 people getting it is a public health problem more than an outrage at a sports team.