Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Mourne Red

Can someone from Tyrone fill me in on why they can't field? They've had a long enough isolation period to be able to put a team out.. Plenty of clubs including my own have had players back playing as soon as they tested negative after having COVID.

LCohen

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 04:08:44 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 03:55:17 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 03:49:55 PM
And until they do that, we just sit and wait.....

Break that down.

If the GAA are refusing to make a clear statement you expect the media to embarrass them in to action.

Similarly if they refuse to ask the right questions and demand answers then the media will hang them out to dry. Rightly.

If GAA announce that they have asked the correct questions of Tyrone but Tyrone did not comply then I would expect the strongest possible punishment for Tyrone.

All of the above can happen quickly. No need to wait around
I honestly hope that works out for you.

Are there any of the questions that you don't think should be asked/answered?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 14, 2021, 04:05:34 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 14, 2021, 03:35:18 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 14, 2021, 03:27:13 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 14, 2021, 03:21:53 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 14, 2021, 03:06:29 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 14, 2021, 03:02:02 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 14, 2021, 02:58:03 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 02:56:01 PM
Tyrone have assessed the situation of their players and have announced that they cannot play the game next week.

No more, no less.

We can speculate 'til the cows come home but it makes no difference. If the GAA decide that Kerry continue to the final, so be it.

Tyrone have done nothing wrong here as far as I can see.

If 20 of your players catch Covid they have done something wrong

Footballers don't exist in a parallel universe, many ways to catch covid and then very easy spread in a squad

Correct. But other counties weren't ravaged. There was clearly an outbreak within the panel and spread within the panel. That's on the management. Specifically celebations after the Ulster final.

What celebrations?

It s alleged they cut loose and went on a bender after the UF

Alleged. So not 'specifically celebrations after the Ulster Final.'

Ok. The Tyrone players went on the lash after the UF. That's not in dispute. Whether or not thats how Covid entered the bubble or not is a legitimate question. But you can be damn sure Kerry weren't that foolish.

There's f**k all to celebrate if you win a Munster title.
That was never a square ball!!

lenny

Quote from: Mourne Red on August 14, 2021, 04:10:00 PM
Can someone from Tyrone fill me in on why they can't field? They've had a long enough isolation period to be able to put a team out.. Plenty of clubs including my own have had players back playing as soon as they tested negative after having COVID.

Time for the GAA authorities to quickly inform Monaghan that they'll be representing Ulster. That way there will still be a big gate and Kerry get a meaningful game before the final. Let's face it, an extra week wouldn't make any difference to Tyrone if so many players are as sick as they're saying.

LCohen

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 04:16:29 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 04:10:53 PM

Break that down.

If the GAA are refusing to make a clear statement you expect the media to embarrass them in to action.

Similarly if they refuse to ask the right questions and demand answers then the media will hang them out to dry. Rightly.

If GAA announce that they have asked the correct questions of Tyrone but Tyrone did not comply then I would expect the strongest possible punishment for Tyrone.

No.
What steps do you think should be taken to ensure they are asked and answered?

And if comes to it and they are asked but not answered what should happen?

LCohen

Time to stop this chat of Monaghan coming back into this

nrico2006

Tyrone have assessed the situation of their players and have announced that they cannot play the game next week.

No more, no less.

We can speculate 'til the cows come home but it makes no difference. If the GAA decide that Kerry continue to the final, so be it.

Seriously, so anybody who has caught or died from co-vid have done something wrong?

Tyrone have done nothing wrong here by the way.  A lot of posters on here are like oul women spreading gossip about mad 'celebrations' after the Ulster win. Where is the evidence of these celebrations and where is the evidence that these celebrations contravened regulation or law? Slabbers.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 14, 2021, 04:09:01 PM

No more, no less.

Footballers don't exist in a parallel universe, many ways to catch covid and then very easy spread in a squad

Correct. But other counties weren't ravaged. There was clearly an outbreak within the panel and spread within the panel. That's on the management. Specifically celebations after the Ulster final.

What celebrations?

Ok. The Tyrone players went on the lash after the UF. That's not in dispute. Whether or not thats how Covid entered the bubble or not is a legitimate question. But you can be damn sure Kerry weren't that foolish.

And you have proof that they went on the lash?

Kind of, yes.

RedHand88

If that's the case they shouldn't have, and is against medical and government advice regarding elite athletes and covid.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 14, 2021, 04:20:54 PM

No more, no less.

Seriously, so anybody who has caught or died from co-vid have done something wrong?

When 20 people in a group get it, yes, something went wrong.

LCohen

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 04:24:38 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 04:19:20 PM

Break that down.

No.

No idea.

No point talking about it until they're asked.

If you are telling me that the week extension was granted without these questions be asked and answered I would have to say I'm very surprised. I would think other counties (not least Kerry, Sligo and Fermanagh) would be outraged (rightly) by that fact.
If a further extension request was submitted and updated answers not sought and provided I would be also shocked.

lenny

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 04:21:17 PM

If that's the case they shouldn't have, and is against medical and government advice regarding elite athletes and covid.

Tyrone are calling the gaa's bluff here expecting them to back down. The gaa shouldn't give in to this bullying behaviour. The simple solution is to ask Monaghan to represent Ulster in the all Ireland. The Monaghan players won't have lost any fitness as they've been training with their clubs in the last 2 weeks.

tonto1888

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 14, 2021, 04:21:14 PM

No more, no less.

What celebrations?

Kind of, yes.

Kind of?? You either do or you don't

LCohen

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 04:34:03 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 04:28:49 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2021, 04:24:38 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 14, 2021, 04:19:20 PM

Break that down.

No.

No idea.

No point talking about it until they're asked.

If you are telling me that the week extension was granted without these questions be asked and answered I would have to say I'm very surprised. I would think other counties (not least Kerry, Sligo and Fermanagh) would be outraged (rightly) by that fact.
If a further extension request was submitted and updated answers not sought and provided I would be also shocked.
I'm not telling you that. I've no idea.

Well when you asked what step should be taken you said you would answer that until key questions were asked. That just looks like evasion as we both know there is no set of circumstances in which they questions have not already been asked on at least 1 occasion

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 14, 2021, 04:34:29 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 14, 2021, 04:21:14 PM

No more, no less.

What celebrations?

Kind of, yes.

Kind of?? You either do or you don't

Someone I know served them.