Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

tyrone08

Quote from: RedKinght on August 13, 2021, 04:47:25 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 13, 2021, 02:16:49 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2021, 01:50:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2021, 01:44:57 PM
So will the game be played next week or not?

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say no MR2. Tyrone will opt out of it at the weekend. Can't be expected to play an all ireland semi the week after having covid. Had it have been a few players it would be fine. Not half the squad though. Would be madness to try and play.

There is a context missing here. One of the questions I wanted answered was how many players are actually sick? The answer to that is an important piece of context

There is no context missing, if someone has tested positive for covid then that is all that anyone needs to know medically. Nobody especially the GAA community on a discussion board are entitled to ascertain the severity of the diagnosis. Employers may ask for confirmation of a positive result but even they wouldn't ask for a diagnosis of symptoms.

Agree. Also regardless of how sick they are, they cannot train as a team. Imagine saying to any team half of use can't train before an AI semi final and at the very best you will have 2 full training sessions in a 3 week period.

Hound

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say no MR2. Tyrone will opt out of it at the weekend. Can't be expected to play an all ireland semi the week after having covid. Had it have been a few players it would be fine. Not half the squad though. Would be madness to try and play.

There is a context missing here. One of the questions I wanted answered was how many players are actually sick? The answer to that is an important piece of context

There is no context missing, if someone has tested positive for covid then that is all that anyone needs to know medically. Nobody especially the GAA community on a discussion board are entitled to ascertain the severity of the diagnosis. Employers may ask for confirmation of a positive result but even they wouldn't ask for a diagnosis of symptoms.
But the symptoms are exactly what will decide if Tyrone will field next week or not.
Half the team have been training together this week, the other half isolating, doing whatever they can on their own.
The periods of isolation end on Saturday, Tuesday and next Saturday for three different groups of players. The vast majority are expected to be clear by Tuesday.

The player welfare concern is nothing to do with 'normal' Covid symptoms, ie fatigue, headaches, loss of smell/taste, etc. If that's all that was wrong, they'd be good to go, far from ideal preparation and very difficult to win with that preparation, but still well able to field a team (assuming all negative Covid by that stage).

The player welfare bit is around heart (and other) health checks that each impacted player will need to go through. Covid can impact on heart health. And as Tom Parsons said in interviews, the very last thing anyone wants is someone's heart show a Covid impact under the pressure and physical exertions of an All Ireland semi final. If a check does show up a concern for any player, an extra week won't make a damned bit of difference.

greatpoint

Jesus would you give over with the pearl clutching, this is a GAA discussion board.

RedHand88

It's really none of of your business what someone's medical condition is.

trueblue1234

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2021, 06:01:47 PM

+1.

Either the GAA decide there's no room for extension or there is. If they have the ability to offer the delay then they should side on the side of player welfare. If not then it's a pointless discussion.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

LCohen

Just take a moment to take off the blinkers and reflect on that.

If you genuinely believe that the GAA should treat the situation if Tyrone have 20 very seriously ill players with no timeframe fir recovery exactly the same as if the they have 20 lads who tested positive a week ago but were a symptomatic back then and still so now then plainly say that.

If you think that the 2 situations differ then retract your earlier statement and acknowledge that you were wrong

LCohen

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 13, 2021, 04:55:12 PM

Agree. Also regardless of how sick they are, they cannot train as a team. Imagine saying to any team half of use can't train before an AI semi final and at the very best you will have 2 full training sessions in a 3 week period.

Will the Tyrone club championship be run on this basis for ever more?

Farrandeelin

IF Tyrone do pull out, (I can't see it happening) will the final go ahead on 29th August or 4th September?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

LCohen

I have asked for the details of any named person's medical condition. If you think I have you will no doubt be honourable enough to point out where I did so?

LCohen

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 13, 2021, 06:17:21 PM

+1.

Either the GAA decide there's no room for extension or there is. If they have the ability to offer the delay then they should side on the side of player welfare. If not then it's a pointless discussion.

Yes HQ should set out their stall on this one

Wildweasel74

Not Matter a damn anyway Kerry will win regardless, Tyrone haven't improved that much past few months. But getting ready made excuses in place if trimmed. Not taking in they been trimmed by the same team only a few months bck.

LCohen

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 13, 2021, 09:52:13 PM
Not Matter a damn anyway Kerry will win regardless, Tyrone haven't improved that much past few months. But getting ready made excuses in place if trimmed. Not taking in they been trimmed by the same team only a few months bck.
Trimmed yes.
Championship no.
Context everything.

RedKinght

Quote from: LCohen on August 13, 2021, 08:30:43 PM

If you genuinely believe that the GAA should treat the situation if Tyrone have 20 very seriously ill players with no timeframe fir recovery exactly the same as if the they have 20 lads who tested positive a week ago but were a symptomatic back then and still so now then plainly say that.

If you think that the 2 situations differ then retract your earlier statement and acknowledge that you were wrong

Form an administrative point of view the two situations are exactly the same, 20 players have tested positive. Either GAA headquarters have wriggle room to postpone the game again or not, at which time Tyrone GAA will have to make a decision if it is safe for those involved and the match can proceed or if they withdraw from the competition. It is irrelevant if the people involved are seriously ill or not, which as I stated originally is neither here nor there, and is of no consequence to the scheduling of the game.

LCohen

Quote from: RedKinght on August 13, 2021, 10:13:11 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 13, 2021, 08:30:43 PM

Form an administrative point of view the two situations are exactly the same, either GAA headquarters have wriggle room to postpone the game again or not, at which time Tyrone GAA will have to make a decision if it is safe for those involved and the match can proceed or if they withdraw from the competition. It is irrelevant if the people involved are seriously ill or not, which as I stated originally is neither here nor there, and is of no consequence to the scheduling of the game.

No they are not.

The first issue to be addressed is what flexibility the GAA can offer. And on that one issue the degree of sickness is an irrelevance.

The second issue is of the flexibility the GAA can offer how much should they offer. Relevant to that inter alia will be the various contexts already discussed of which one will be the ability to field. A sick player is less capable to field than a recovering player. A recovering player is less capable to field that a previously positive but asymptomatic player etc