Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

themac_23

With the close contact isolation rules changing on Monday in the north means any of the players isolating who didn't test positive will be back training (assuming they had both jabs) surely that will help. Also, I'd say the relaxing of the isolation rules will help with club championships too m, maybe too late to make a difference to the Tyrone situation

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: viperhiggins on August 13, 2021, 06:19:04 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 12, 2021, 05:36:13 PM
Just catching up on some GAA podcasts, and hadn't realized that after the 4 provincial finals, Kerry were installed as favourites for Sam by all the bookies.  Probably 2011 the last time the Dubs weren't favs at the semi final stage.
Not sure whether Tyrone being severely hampered or pulling out will help or hinder them come the final.

They will have to beat Tyrone first.

They have to get a team together first, hopefully they will though
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

armaghniac

Quote from: themac_23 on August 13, 2021, 08:40:02 AM
With the close contact isolation rules changing on Monday in the north means any of the players isolating who didn't test positive will be back training (assuming they had both jabs) surely that will help. Also, I'd say the relaxing of the isolation rules will help with club championships too m, maybe too late to make a difference to the Tyrone situation

Did Michelle O'Neill promote the spread of Covid19 just to save Tyrone's blushes?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

Everton have 5 players isolating due to Covid so these clusters can happen at elite professional level as well. There has been no talk of them seeking 2 weeks to prepare for their next match though.

NotedObserver

Quote from: yellowcard on August 13, 2021, 01:28:50 PM
Everton have 5 players isolating due to Covid so these clusters can happen at elite professional level as well. There has been no talk of them seeking 2 weeks to prepare for their next match though.

If they had 15 out I think you'd hear from them

RedHand88

5 cases.... 20 cases... That's basically the same right?

Milltown Row2

So will the game be played next week or not?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Under Lights

Tyrone has five confirmed cases ahead of monaghan game.

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2021, 01:44:57 PM

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say no MR2. Tyrone will opt out of it at the weekend. Can't be expected to play an all ireland semi the week after having covid. Had it have been a few players it would be fine. Not half the squad though. Would be madness to try and play.

Cobra

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2021, 01:50:03 PM

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say no MR2. Tyrone will opt out of it at the weekend. Can't be expected to play an all ireland semi the week after having covid. Had it have been a few players it would be fine. Not half the squad though. Would be madness to try and play.

Tyrone must play. Is it ideal? No. But they must fulfil the fixture. It's and All Ireland Semi Final!

RedHand88

Quote from: Cobra on August 13, 2021, 01:55:08 PM

Tyrone must play. Is it ideal? No. But they must fulfil the fixture. It's and All Ireland Semi Final!

I don't agree. There is no precedent for this. Well there is Sligo last year, but they were forced to concede and weren't expected to play.

LCohen

Quote from: Cobra on August 13, 2021, 01:55:08 PM

That's madness.

If the match is scheduled to go ahead Tyrone can assess what players are available to them. But the option of not fulfilling the fixture must be open to them.

I think they should try their best to fulfil the fixture whilst addressing their player welfare concerns but that that very far from saying they must be made to fulfil the fixture

LCohen

There is a context missing here. One of the questions I wanted answered was how many players are actually sick? The answer to that is an important piece of context

LCohen

Quote from: NotedObserver on August 13, 2021, 01:38:47 PM

If they had 15 out I think you'd hear from them

15 and 5 are clearly not the same.

But knockout semifinal at end of season is also not the same a league match at beginning of 9 month league season within which multiple matches are rearranged routinely

RedKinght

Quote from: LCohen on August 13, 2021, 02:16:49 PM

There is a context missing here. One of the questions I wanted answered was how many players are actually sick? The answer to that is an important piece of context

There is no context missing, if someone has tested positive for covid then that is all that anyone needs to know medically. Nobody especially the GAA community on a discussion board are entitled to ascertain the severity of the diagnosis. Employers may ask for confirmation of a positive result but even they wouldn't ask for a diagnosis of symptoms.