Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Louther

I haven't guessed, I have asked questions.

Something has gone wrong. Is there lessons for the GAA to learn and prevent further disruption?

It seems you just want people to look elsewhere and give Tyrone all the ask for.

rrhf

It is not about asking. Its about when it is safe to play and train again, and be clear form infection, lung problems and therefore less risk.  Over the last year we all heard of the events sometimes family events that seemed to bring about 10-20 cases in one evening. Other events did not, nobody still really knows the why so that is why we will take more precautions than even the govn/authorities insists we take.  Sadly and even with the best of intentions it can and will still go wrong.  Tyrone as a county have been very risk averse this year and so have the GAA and Irish people in general which is to their credit.   

LCohen

Cavan19

Quote from: thewobbler on August 12, 2021, 12:24:43 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on August 12, 2021, 12:14:40 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 12, 2021, 11:38:23 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 12, 2021, 11:27:01 AM
Ah f**k the pub bashing has started again.

That solitary night in the pub must look at those dozens of meetings in changing rooms, video rooms and gyms, and think "there is none so blind as those who will not see".

As I said above, you could be 4 hours in the pub, the team likely did not have 4 hours of indoor meetings in a week.

In a meeting it is only the team and whatever officials are required and you would hope that all are doing what they can in training, work etc to keep social distancing in place. When you go into the pub god knows who is there and who they have been in contact with over the last few days.  Add in a Ulster final win and everyone wants to talk to a team member and slap them on the back and tell them how great they are.

We seen enough of it here in Cavan after the club finals celebrations last year.

Try opening your mind a little.

The chances that one or more of the panel had Covid before the Ulster final is high.

The chances that one or more of the panel contracted Covid at the pub on the night of the Ulster final is high.

The chances that one or more of the panel contracted Covid in another setting within a few days of the Ulster final is high.

The chances that 20 of the panel were infected in a superspreader event at the pub on Ulster final night is low.

The chances that a small number of infected members of the panel (infected pre, during or post the night at the pub) did not display Covid symptoms for anything up to 10 days after contracting Covid is high.

The chances of those infected players attending a lengthy video analysis session in the interim is  high.

The chances of that video session taking place in small, poorly ventilated environment is high.

——

The pub is likely part of the equation that has led Tyrone here. But see the like of you, who can thoughtlessly differentiate between some indoor spaces as being safe, and others as not being safe, you are actually a Covid danger if you live like this.

What are the chances that Tyrone had little or no Covid restrictions in place? Pretty high i would think and going by the bolded points above you would agree with that.  Also where is the Covid testing in all this are players not been tested weekly?

yellowcard

Quote from: Cavan19 on August 12, 2021, 03:11:32 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 12, 2021, 12:24:43 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on August 12, 2021, 12:14:40 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 12, 2021, 11:38:23 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 12, 2021, 11:27:01 AM
Ah f**k the pub bashing has started again.

That solitary night in the pub must look at those dozens of meetings in changing rooms, video rooms and gyms, and think "there is none so blind as those who will not see".

As I said above, you could be 4 hours in the pub, the team likely did not have 4 hours of indoor meetings in a week.

In a meeting it is only the team and whatever officials are required and you would hope that all are doing what they can in training, work etc to keep social distancing in place. When you go into the pub god knows who is there and who they have been in contact with over the last few days.  Add in a Ulster final win and everyone wants to talk to a team member and slap them on the back and tell them how great they are.

We seen enough of it here in Cavan after the club finals celebrations last year.

Try opening your mind a little.

The chances that one or more of the panel had Covid before the Ulster final is high.

The chances that one or more of the panel contracted Covid at the pub on the night of the Ulster final is high.

The chances that one or more of the panel contracted Covid in another setting within a few days of the Ulster final is high.

The chances that 20 of the panel were infected in a superspreader event at the pub on Ulster final night is low.

The chances that a small number of infected members of the panel (infected pre, during or post the night at the pub) did not display Covid symptoms for anything up to 10 days after contracting Covid is high.

The chances of those infected players attending a lengthy video analysis session in the interim is  high.

The chances of that video session taking place in small, poorly ventilated environment is high.

——

The pub is likely part of the equation that has led Tyrone here. But see the like of you, who can thoughtlessly differentiate between some indoor spaces as being safe, and others as not being safe, you are actually a Covid danger if you live like this.

What are the chances that Tyrone had little or no Covid restrictions in place? Pretty high i would think and going by the bolded points above you would agree with that.  Also where is the Covid testing in all this are players not been tested weekly?

Athletes at the Olympic games were being tested on a daily basis as a precaution so the bare minimum testing requirements would be weekly especially at this stage of the championship I would imagine. Once the Covid outbreak was confirmed prior to the Monaghan match, you would like to think that testing would have been ramped up again.

armaghniac

Quote from: Louther on August 12, 2021, 02:15:15 PM
Knowledge is one thing but common sense is lacking  and deflection very popular on this board too.

On this issue, there is deflection the likes of which has never been seen since Conor Gormley in the 2003 All Ireland final.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Good to see all the Armagh posters back United under a common cause again. It's been too long.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

rrhf

Anyway. I fear those Armagh ones will soon get what they wish for... 
Moving on and assuming Tyrone's non involvement I still think we will get 2 decent games to enjoy.
Kerry I suggest will still beat the winners of Dublin and Mayo, and they are well used to getting to an all Ireland final without having to really break sweat for a century or more.  Never have any of their other all Irelands been really scrutinized or diminished and neither will this one be,  although as the Kerrymen used to argue that their backdoor success showed they were as capable as anyone of winning the hard way and that they were particularly pleased about that.   

LCohen

Quote from: rrhf on August 12, 2021, 04:35:47 PM
Moving on and assuming Tyrone's non involvement I still think we will get 2 decent games to enjoy.
Kerry I suggest will still beat the winners of Dublin and Mayo, and they are well used to getting to an all Ireland final without having to really break sweat for a century or more.  Never have any of their other all Irelands been really scrutinized or diminished and neither will this one be,  although as the Kerrymen used to argue that their backdoor success showed they were as capable as anyone of winning the hard way and that they were particularly pleased about that.

Well I'm from Armagh so presumably I am going to get questions answered. Hooray for that then.

I would say that within Armagh there is a range of opinions on this including I will admit a body of opinion that will always be anti-Tyrone. But there was talk of blinkered thinking earlier. Blinkered thinking is never good. There will be blinkered thinking about Tyrone and blinkered thinking within Tyrone. Best to ignore all that. We want sensible and fair outcomes. That can only come about by asking questions and getting them answered.

trueblue1234

Quote from: LCohen on August 12, 2021, 05:18:16 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 12, 2021, 04:35:47 PM

Well I'm from Armagh so presumably I am going to get questions answered. Hooray for that then.

I would say that within Armagh there is a range of opinions on this including I will admit a body of opinion that will always be anti-Tyrone. But there was talk of blinkered thinking earlier. Blinkered thinking is never good. There will be blinkered thinking about Tyrone and blinkered thinking within Tyrone. Best to ignore all that. We want sensible and fair outcomes. That can only come about by asking questions and getting them answered.
To be fair it's down to the GAA to ask any questions they feel is required. If they feel they are required. But I think some questions Tyrone might not know what the right answer is. And the GAA are prob aware of that as well. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Hound

Just catching up on some GAA podcasts, and hadn't realized that after the 4 provincial finals, Kerry were installed as favourites for Sam by all the bookies.  Probably 2011 the last time the Dubs weren't favs at the semi final stage.
Not sure whether Tyrone being severely hampered or pulling out will help or hinder them come the final.

Olly

Not being feeseascious here but would it spook Kerry if Tyrone came out coughing and all do you think Kerry would be afraid to tackle them?

I'm editing this to also suggest that like the foot in cow disease in the early 2000s that Tyrone people should be made to walk through a dip of sorts before walking into Croke Park.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Sportacus

Quote from: Olly on August 12, 2021, 10:01:18 PM
Not being feeseascious here but would it spook Kerry if Tyrone came out coughing and all do you think Kerry would be afraid to tackle them?

I'm editing this to also suggest that like the foot in cow disease in the early 2000s that Tyrone people should be made to walk through a dip of sorts before walking into Croke Park.
Foot in cow - sounds serious.

Under Lights

Whole Tyrone crowd should cough continously on the 6th minute

viperhiggins

Quote from: Hound on August 12, 2021, 05:36:13 PM
Just catching up on some GAA podcasts, and hadn't realized that after the 4 provincial finals, Kerry were installed as favourites for Sam by all the bookies.  Probably 2011 the last time the Dubs weren't favs at the semi final stage.
Not sure whether Tyrone being severely hampered or pulling out will help or hinder them come the final.

They will have to beat Tyrone first.