Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Eire90

Louther

Quote from: thewobbler on August 12, 2021, 12:24:43 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on August 12, 2021, 12:14:40 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 12, 2021, 11:38:23 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 12, 2021, 11:27:01 AM
Ah f**k the pub bashing has started again.

That solitary night in the pub must look at those dozens of meetings in changing rooms, video rooms and gyms, and think "there is none so blind as those who will not see".

As I said above, you could be 4 hours in the pub, the team likely did not have 4 hours of indoor meetings in a week.

In a meeting it is only the team and whatever officials are required and you would hope that all are doing what they can in training, work etc to keep social distancing in place. When you go into the pub god knows who is there and who they have been in contact with over the last few days.  Add in a Ulster final win and everyone wants to talk to a team member and slap them on the back and tell them how great they are.

We seen enough of it here in Cavan after the club finals celebrations last year.

Try opening your mind a little.

The chances that one or more of the panel had Covid before the Ulster final is high.

The chances that one or more of the panel contracted Covid at the pub on the night of the Ulster final is high.

The chances that one or more of the panel contracted Covid in another setting within a few days of the Ulster final is high.

The chances that 20 of the panel were infected in a superspreader event at the pub on Ulster final night is low.

The chances that a small number of infected members of the panel (infected pre, during or post the night at the pub) did not display Covid symptoms for anything up to 10 days after contracting Covid is high.

The chances of those infected players attending a lengthy video analysis session in the interim is  high.

The chances of that video session taking place in small, poorly ventilated environment is high.

——

The pub is likely part of the equation that has led Tyrone here. But see the like of you, who can thoughtlessly differentiate between some indoor spaces as being safe, and others as not being safe, you are actually a Covid danger if you live like this.

I think you been generous in you analysis of the above. It's not unreasonable to think that prior to Ulster final all those things where happening - training, video analysis (they have excellent facilities at their centre for this), Gym work, dressing rooms etc. One of these events seen the covid land in the camp with 5 missing the Ulster final altogether. It's same to assume others had it at this time and didn't know it.

What happened next may have helped spread it further and what happened that wouldn't have happened in previous games - the pub, team meal, celebrations etc. It's not a stretch to say these events helped the spread when it was already in the camp.

I heard another underage county team celebrated a title in recent weeks - went to a house party the night of the game as they can't go to pubs and a week later half of them have tested positive.

Hound

3pm throw-in time for the game on Saturday week. And same for the final.

thewobbler

So,  basically what you're trying to tell me is that all the indoor full team meetings either side of the Ulster Final were not responsible for the spread of Covid, but the spread can instead be traced almost entirely to most of the squad going to the pub on the night of the Ulster Final.

—-

Every once in a while I wonder why so many people vote DUP, and how so many northern Englanders were convinced to vote for Brexit.

Then I read threads like this and remember that all too many people will believe anything they're told. And worse again, they'll even defend those decisions as having a thought process.

Hound

Quote from: thewobbler on August 12, 2021, 12:44:49 PM
So,  basically what you're trying to tell me is that all the indoor full team meetings either side of the Ulster Final were not responsible for the spread of Covid, but the spread can instead be traced almost entirely to most of the squad going to the pub on the night of the Ulster Final.

—-

Every once in a while I wonder why so many people vote DUP, and how so many northern Englanders were convinced to vote for Brexit.

Then I read threads like this and remember that all too many people will believe anything they're told. And worse again, they'll even defend those decisions as having a thought process.
I think what others are saying wobbler is that the initial infection happened outside a team environment, e.g. a pub, or who knows what else. Once someone in the team catches it, then clearly any indoor team meetings will almost inevitably lead to it spreading.

yellowcard

Quote from: Eire90 on August 12, 2021, 12:34:33 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 12, 2021, 11:36:15 AM
I would imagine that teams at that level and at this stage of the championship with the stakes being so high would be receiving medical advice to first of all ensure that all their players are fully vaccinated. Although players have to exercise their own personal choice but they can't then complain if they get ill from Covid having not taken the vaccine.

After that I would imagine that they are following the correct protocols and being regularly tested to avoid widespread outbreaks within the squad. Maybe Tyrone have just been very unlucky and it is rife in the community, we don't know, but it doesn't look great that so many of them have contracted it at the same time.

People with vaccine can still get covid

Of course but it's about risk minimisation and the vaccination will help reduce or prevent symptoms. We know that around half the team tested positive but we don't know how many of them actually got sick from it. If they took the vaccine, were tested regularly and followed all of the precautions then it is desperately bad luck to have so many players struck down at once.

rrhf

I think it is likely that Tyrone may well have to eventually make the heart breaking call to withdraw from this years All Ireland semi final. Surely it is in everyone's interest that they take as long as possible to evaluate/predict the health of their players, and weigh that up and this weekend seems to be the agreed decision time...if things are as bad as rumoured, it may even come beforehand. Im pretty sure that has been discussed with all stakeholders. Please lay off them until they make the call. Nobody wants this to be the case.  Unprecedented times, Tyrone supporters are gutted so what are the players feelings like.  and you have to wish them well.

Eire90

so will kerry get a bye to final any chance monaghan replace tyrone

Dire Ear

Quote from: rrhf on August 12, 2021, 01:23:04 PM
I think it is likely that Tyrone may well have to eventually make the heart breaking call to withdraw from this years All Ireland semi final. Surely it is in everyone's interest that they take as long as possible to evaluate/predict the health of their players, and weigh that up and this weekend seems to be the agreed decision time...if things are as bad as rumoured, it may even come beforehand. Im pretty sure that has been discussed with all stakeholders. Please lay off them until they make the call. Nobody wants this to be the case.  Unprecedented times, Tyrone supporters are gutted so what are the players feelings like.  and you have to wish them well.

Agreed,  very sad to see so many bitter, bitter anti-Tyrone mouths on here.  If Tyrone decide to pull out , it's not the end of the world,  but I really hope they don't make a court case out of it

Under Lights

Quote from: Eire90 on August 12, 2021, 01:34:27 PM
so will kerry get a bye to final any chance monaghan replace tyrone

Kerry would get a BYE

Louther

—-

Absolutely no one has said the above but you want to read it that way

If you've 5 cases in your workplace, you take action, you don't let the other 40 workers meet in a canteen at the same time the next day and day after until you decide a week later to actually test everyone. Tyrone knew they had 5 cases prior to ulster final - what happened that it suddenly escalated to 20 odd. Was it their match day preparation or the day after. People only asking as something went wrong.

LCohen

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 12, 2021, 01:35:17 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 12, 2021, 01:23:04 PM

Agreed,  very sad to see so many bitter, bitter anti-Tyrone mouths on here.  If Tyrone decide to pull out , it's not the end of the world,  but I really hope they don't make a court case out of it

You can dismiss those throwing out accusations and making claims as bitter and anti-Tyrone and you might be right in some instances.

But those who are pointing out the questions that need to be answered should be engaged with properly. Otherwise what is that other than "blinkered"?

Taylor

Quote from: Louther on August 12, 2021, 01:40:41 PM

—-

If you've 5 cases in your workplace, you take action, you don't let the other 40 workers meet in a canteen at the same time the next day and day after until you decide a week later to actually test everyone. Tyrone knew they had 5 cases prior to ulster final - what happened that it suddenly escalated to 20 odd. Was it their match day preparation or the day after. People only asking as something went wrong.

You are assuming (without and basis or knowledge at all) that the spread came from the initial infection.

There are high cases in many communities up here.

How do you know someone didnt take it into the camp after the Ulster Final? You dont.

Its great to have so many experts on this board - many who seem to have gained their knowledge in the last few days

Louther

Quote from: Taylor on August 12, 2021, 01:57:43 PM

—-

You are assuming (without and basis or knowledge at all) that the spread came from the initial infection.

How do you know someone didnt take it into the camp after the Ulster Final? You dont.

Its great to have so many experts on this board - many who seem to have gained their knowledge in the last few days

Ok then, if initial spread didn't come from within camp before ulster final and it was a new spread post Ulster final, than what happened after the Ulster final that seen it spread again so quickly? Have they completely abandoned covid protocols to help prevent such spread? After having an out break prior to Ulster final did they meet again on the Tuesday night to train/watch anyalysis/recover and throw out all protocols and social distancing despite having an out break previous week. Another 15 cases with new infection?  ;D ;D ;D

Knowledge is one thing but common sense is lacking  and deflection very popular on this board too.

Taylor

Quote from: Louther on August 12, 2021, 02:15:15 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 12, 2021, 01:57:43 PM

—-

Ok then, if initial spread didn't come from within camp before ulster final and it was a new spread post Ulster final, than what happened after the Ulster final that seen it spread again so quickly? Have they completely abandoned covid protocols to help prevent such spread? After having an out break prior to Ulster final did they meet again on the Tuesday night to train/watch anyalysis/recover and throw out all protocols and social distancing despite having an out break previous week. Another 15 cases with new infection?  ;D ;D ;D

Knowledge is one thing but common sense is lacking  and deflection very popular on this board too.

Again proving you know absolutely nothing about what has happened in Tyrone and are resorting to guessing (again)
Genuis.

Strangely enough all of your guesses relate to wrongdoing on Tyrones part.