Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

tyrone08

Quote from: Will it ever end on August 11, 2021, 10:14:24 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2021, 07:40:53 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 11, 2021, 07:25:19 PM
Player Welfare is entirely in the hands of Tyrone

Not really. Gaa are forcing tyrone to play a match where 20 of their players will not have been allowed to train or get their fitness levels up before an ll ireland semi final. Player welfare is in the hands of the gaa as they have decided that tyrone must play on this date and time knowing that they are risking those players

Get their fitness levels up 😂

I'd be amazed if they were planning any fitness work ahead of the all Ireland semi final.

If you haven't played or trained in over 2 weeks your fitness level will drop not sure how that's wrong.

tonto1888

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 11, 2021, 11:02:50 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 11, 2021, 10:40:51 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 11, 2021, 10:36:32 AM
If Tyrone are forced to field on Sept 21st with players who are still feeling the effects of COVID, i just hope that no players suffer complications or God forbid collapses on the pitch as a result of the exertions placed on their bodies too soon after the virus. Even if a player thinks that they have recovered, and the desire to play in an AI semi final can make players take the risk, they may not be ready. I had Covid last October and three weeks later thought I was over it. I went for a light jog and couldn't catch my breath after a short distance and could barely walk home. I was absolutely shattered. Granted these players are infinitely fitter than i am but i wasn't playing an elite level sport at the business end of the season. I hope the GAA and all those suggesting Tyrone should "just get on with it" are happy to risk a worst possible scenario for the sake of a week or so delay to the championship. The repercussions could be huge. 

How long should it be delayed if there continues to be cases in the squad, or if players are still suffering the effects even though they're no longer positive?

I have no idea - but on this issue i would suggest that you have to take what the county are saying at face value. If they are saying there is a risk in asking them to field next Saturday then that has to be taken very, very seriously. Any fall out from a health complication due to this would be absolutely massive. From my own point of view, if Tyrone are still not in a position to field the following week then they should withdraw from the championship.

without being funny, there are ore than 30 players in Tyrone, right?

Will it ever end

Was there anything from GPA etc about player welfare when scores of club / county players have played post having Covid for the last 12 months?

Who made the call for those individuals to go back and play?

Wildweasel74

Haven't heard yet where all these players picked up Covid, Tyrone are not overly forward coming out with that, saying they been in the news past week every day.

tyrone08

Quote from: LCohen on August 11, 2021, 08:50:01 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2021, 08:19:20 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on August 11, 2021, 07:59:03 PM

Not really. Gaa are forcing tyrone to play a match where 20 of their players will not have been allowed to train or get their fitness levels up before an ll ireland semi final. Player welfare is in the hands of the gaa as they have decided that tyrone must play on this date and time knowing that they are risking those players
Are the GAA forcing them? They don't have to play the game if they are that concerned about player welfare

Which is literally what they said they have to might do. Alternatively tyrone can say nothing field their best team who may or may not be covid positive and potential infect the  kerry players. If teams know they are being punished for being honest they may not be so honest in future

I don't think anyone in Tyrone is even considering doing anything as monumentally stupid as that.

Its not stupid at all. The gaa have said those players who tested positive can play after 10 days. By the time the game happens it will be 12-13 days since they tested positive. There are numerous examples and literature which shows some people can remain infectious after the 10 day period.

The 10 day isolation is an average of people no longer being contagious. There is the possibility that one of those 20 players can play in the semi final and still be be spreading the virus. Really not that difficult to understand.

tyrone08

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2021, 10:30:05 PM
If Tyrone are forced to field on Sept 21st with players who are still feeling the effects of COVID, i just hope that no players suffer complications or God forbid collapses on the pitch as a result of the exertions placed on their bodies too soon after the virus. Even if a player thinks that they have recovered, and the desire to play in an AI semi final can make players take the risk, they may not be ready. I had Covid last October and three weeks later thought I was over it. I went for a light jog and couldn't catch my breath after a short distance and could barely walk home. I was absolutely shattered. Granted these players are infinitely fitter than i am but i wasn't playing an elite level sport at the business end of the season. I hope the GAA and all those suggesting Tyrone should "just get on with it" are happy to risk a worst possible scenario for the sake of a week or so delay to the championship. The repercussions could be huge. 

How long should it be delayed if there continues to be cases in the squad, or if players are still suffering the effects even though they're no longer positive?

I have no idea - but on this issue i would suggest that you have to take what the county are saying at face value. If they are saying there is a risk in asking them to field next Saturday then that has to be taken very, very seriously. Any fall out from a health complication due to this would be absolutely massive. From my own point of view, if Tyrone are still not in a position to field the following week then they should withdraw from the championship.

Sure you could say that about any team. Your starting 15 and 5 of your best subs have covid but sure go out and get a few lads from the clubs to fufil a fixture soely for the gaa. Be pointless really as they could fmget hammered and sure they would sell no where near the full amount of tickets as no one is going to pay 50 euro to watch a make shift team.

LCohen

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2021, 10:41:38 PM

Sure you could say that about any team. Your starting 15 and 5 of your best subs have covid but sure go out and get a few lads from the clubs to fufil a fixture soely for the gaa. Be pointless really as they could fmget hammered and sure they would sell no where near the full amount of tickets as no one is going to pay 50 euro to watch a make shift team.

And is it Tyrone's starting 15 and 5 best subs that have Covid?

Also is it clear that the positive cases are ill or have been unable to maintain fitness or participate in tactical/video sessions?

LCohen

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2021, 10:38:39 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 11, 2021, 08:50:01 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2021, 08:19:20 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on August 11, 2021, 07:59:03 PM

Are the GAA forcing them? They don't have to play the game if they are that concerned about player welfare

Which is literally what they said they have to might do. Alternatively tyrone can say nothing field their best team who may or may not be covid positive and potential infect the  kerry players. If teams know they are being punished for being honest they may not be so honest in future

I don't think anyone in Tyrone is even considering doing anything as monumentally stupid as that.

Its not stupid at all. The gaa have said those players who tested positive can play after 10 days. By the time the game happens it will be 12-13 days since they tested positive. There are numerous examples and literature which shows some people can remain infectious after the 10 day period.

The 10 day isolation is an average of people no longer being contagious. There is the possibility that one of those 20 players can play in the semi final and still be be spreading the virus. Really not that difficult to understand.

Your original post was about being dishonest and either hiding positive tests or deliberately not testing. That would be monumentally stupid

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Nanderson on August 11, 2021, 10:10:17 PM
Just seen 2 contradictory interviews

1). "Brian Dooher says just over 50% of the Tyrone panel are able to train fully, less than two weeks out from their All-Ireland SFC semi-final against Kerry."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/58164203

2). With "over half the panel" having tested positive for Covid-19, player welfare has to be the priority, as far as he is concerned. comments from canavan
https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/319253

So which of these is right? I'd assume Doohers
some of them have tested positive and are out of isolation again, like the guys who missed the last game. I would imagine that's how both statements could be true
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BennyHarp

Just checking. Do people genuinely think that it is feasible just to pull lads from outside the panel to play Kerry in an All Ireland semi final?
That was never a square ball!!

tonto1888

my point is they could field a team if they needed to. All this talk of not being able to field is incorrect

Taylor

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2021, 11:29:56 PM

my point is they could field a team if they needed to. All this talk of not being able to field is incorrect

Fulfil the fixture or compete?

Two completely different things.

If we cannot play our full team (nothwithstanding injuries etc) by the time the game comes round then I think we should withdraw.

AI Semi Finals are always special - but nothing is more important than a players health

DuffleKing

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2021, 10:27:14 PM

I'd be amazed if they were planning any fitness work ahead of the all Ireland semi final.

If you haven't played or trained in over 2 weeks your fitness level will drop not sure how that's wrong.

Why would they not have trained for 2 weeks? They're in isolation, not blasted into space.

"If we cannot play our full team (nothwithstanding injuries etc) by the time the game comes round then I think we should withdraw."

Most other teams had to play games this year minus players who were either positive or isolating because of covid. Not a word about it - the opposite in fact - that's why you've a squad. Tyrone are not disputing that isolations are up and everyone available for next weekend - dry your eyes, get on with it and try operating more closely to the PH guidance around sport going forward.

Next year then, if players have missed training because of covid, man flu, chicken pox or whatever does that mean Tyrone will refuse to field?

Everyone is dancing around this because we're in the covid sphere at the moment and Tyrone are being pretty cynical about the pressure they are applying for another extension. The next card they play will be "mental health"...

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 11, 2021, 10:36:09 PM
Haven't heard yet where all these players picked up Covid, Tyrone are not overly forward coming out with that, saying they been in the news past week every day.

I'm no medical expert but I'd imagine it's not easy to isolate exactly how the players in question picked up covid. Some of them will have got it from sources outside the team, some could be passed on through family/club members in the team who are in close contact etc. But no matter how it was passed you couldn't be 100% sure and it's certainly not something you would be releasing publicly especially when there is no way of knowing.

nrico2006

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 12, 2021, 08:01:05 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2021, 10:27:14 PM

Why would they not have trained for 2 weeks? They're in isolation, not blasted into space.

"If we cannot play our full team (nothwithstanding injuries etc) by the time the game comes round then I think we should withdraw."

Most other teams had to play games this year minus players who were either positive or isolating because of covid. Not a word about it - the opposite in fact - that's why you've a squad. Tyrone are not disputing that isolations are up and everyone available for next weekend - dry your eyes, get on with it and try operating more closely to the PH guidance around sport going forward.

Next year then, if players have missed training because of covid, man flu, chicken pox or whatever does that mean Tyrone will refuse to field?

Everyone is dancing around this because we're in the covid sphere at the moment and Tyrone are being pretty cynical about the pressure they are applying for another extension. The next card they play will be "mental health"...

Tyrone have had to play games with players missing too, big difference with the whole squad affected and I don't recall another team in this situation yet.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'