Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Hound

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 10, 2021, 02:16:33 PM

Players can get sick, people die etc.  But the difference here is that for all we know the players in question are feeling 100% and want to play, but they will not be allowed to.  That is a world away from being injured or having to go to a funeral.  This is not a standard situation and in cases like this or the example I mentioned, a team shouldn't be punished if a public health body does not permit a willing player(s) to play.  I would have the same view irrelevant of the county involved and I had the same view when Fermanagh were impacted in the league.

Based on the statements made by the GAA and by Tyrone CB, I don't think what you are saying is completely correct

Tyrone would not be able to filed a team this week, but they fully expect to be able to field a team next week. The reason they want an extra week on top of that is to be "properly prepared and be in a position to do itself justice". So the team isn't being  punished because a public health body does not permit a willing player(s) to play.

nrico2006

Quote from: Hound on August 10, 2021, 04:23:00 PM

Players can get sick, people die etc.  But the difference here is that for all we know the players in question are feeling 100% and want to play, but they will not be allowed to.  That is a world away from being injured or having to go to a funeral.  This is not a standard situation and in cases like this or the example I mentioned, a team shouldn't be punished if a public health body does not permit a willing player(s) to play.  I would have the same view irrelevant of the county involved and I had the same view when Fermanagh were impacted in the league.

Based on the statements made by the GAA and by Tyrone CB, I don't think what you are saying is completely correct

Tyrone would not be able to filed a team this week, but they fully expect to be able to field a team next week. The reason they want an extra week on top of that is to be "properly prepared and be in a position to do itself justice". So the team isn't being  punished because a public health body does not permit a willing player(s) to play.

As I said, not sure of the specifics i.e. how many players have been confirmed as positive, what condition are they in etc.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jim Bob

Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 01:42:26 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 10, 2021, 01:39:09 PM
Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 11:50:03 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 10, 2021, 10:35:43 AM
Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 05:46:40 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 09, 2021, 11:05:16 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on August 09, 2021, 10:36:13 PM
So did Tyrone players celebrate after winning ulster? If they did then they are to blame themselves for outbreak.
Why if knowing there was covid in camp did they all not get tested in days leading up to ulster final? Was this to avoid any more missing game? If so likely some were playing with covid! The explosion of cases could have possibly been prevented if proper test and tracing was done at start. Not 2 weeks nearly later!

They went straight home after the game..no celebrating done.  No one with covid played in the Ulster Final. There was proper test and tracing done.

Completely false statement. Some out and about drinking after.

Did you witness this , if so where , or are you just a Tyrone hater?

You ever heard of Instagram Jimbob? Probably be hard from all the way up on your high horse there

Did aye....what's the connection? Post evidence of your claims or buck up!

You of all people should know naming and shaming ain't welcome here. But the evidence ain't hard to find old man! Getting off your high horse and your laptop would be a start maybe even get a day's work out of you.

Bluffer....

Mayo4Sam14

Since this young Kerry crop have started coming through who have they bet?

- 2017: knocked out by Mayo
- 2018: bet by Galway, knocked out in super 8s
- 2019: scrape by Tyrone, bet by Dublin
- 2020: don't make it out of Munster

It's hard to see Tyrone beat them now, but an All Ireland I could see them getting done on the day- by Dublin or Mayo

Only made the semi final once in the last three seasons
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 10, 2021, 09:42:08 PM

It's hard to see Tyrone beat them now, but an All Ireland I could see them getting done on the day- by Dublin or Mayo

Ah, but you don't understand.........this is Kerry.

Kerry teams (no matter how bad) always have a chance of winning an AI.
Mayo teams (no matter how good) always have a chance of Losing an AI.

viperhiggins

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 10, 2021, 09:42:08 PM

Two words : DAVID CLIFFORD

tyrone08

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 10, 2021, 04:35:13 PM

As I said, not sure of the specifics i.e. how many players have been confirmed as positive, what condition are they in etc.

20 players have been confirmed to have tested positive. It was on cool fm news on Mon.

thewobbler

There's something really rancid about how Tyrone have approached this in the media.

There's been a pandemic active for 18 months. Anyone with the temerity to throw out the  "player welfare" card after a season of sharing changing rooms, weights rooms, meeting rooms, video rooms,  needs a good f**king kick in the hole.

When groups behave like this, either they've a childlike belief in fairy stories "ah we won't catch it, sure we are the good guys", or they've made a premeditated decision that they will get preferential treatment if something does happen.

Either way, they have no right to use the player welfare card. None.

BennyHarp

If Tyrone are forced to field on Sept 21st with players who are still feeling the effects of COVID, i just hope that no players suffer complications or God forbid collapses on the pitch as a result of the exertions placed on their bodies too soon after the virus. Even if a player thinks that they have recovered, and the desire to play in an AI semi final can make players take the risk, they may not be ready. I had Covid last October and three weeks later thought I was over it. I went for a light jog and couldn't catch my breath after a short distance and could barely walk home. I was absolutely shattered. Granted these players are infinitely fitter than i am but i wasn't playing an elite level sport at the business end of the season. I hope the GAA and all those suggesting Tyrone should "just get on with it" are happy to risk a worst possible scenario for the sake of a week or so delay to the championship. The repercussions could be huge. 
That was never a square ball!!

Estimator

Front page of the Irish News today... McCrossan and McElduff putting the pressure on for further delay to the semi-final.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Tubberman

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 11, 2021, 10:36:32 AM
If Tyrone are forced to field on Sept 21st with players who are still feeling the effects of COVID, i just hope that no players suffer complications or God forbid collapses on the pitch as a result of the exertions placed on their bodies too soon after the virus. Even if a player thinks that they have recovered, and the desire to play in an AI semi final can make players take the risk, they may not be ready. I had Covid last October and three weeks later thought I was over it. I went for a light jog and couldn't catch my breath after a short distance and could barely walk home. I was absolutely shattered. Granted these players are infinitely fitter than i am but i wasn't playing an elite level sport at the business end of the season. I hope the GAA and all those suggesting Tyrone should "just get on with it" are happy to risk a worst possible scenario for the sake of a week or so delay to the championship. The repercussions could be huge. 

How long should it be delayed if there continues to be cases in the squad, or if players are still suffering the effects even though they're no longer positive?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

thewobbler

What you're basically saying here, whether you mean it or not, is that adults simply cannot be trusted to assess their own physical well-being during this pandemic.

If this is how you feel, then the only suitable solution is to cancel all games at all adult levels until the pandemic has been eradicated.

If not, I'd love to know how you are drawing grey lines to suit a different narrative.

TheGreatest

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2021, 06:49:29 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 10, 2021, 04:35:13 PM

20 players have been confirmed to have tested positive. It was on cool fm news on Mon.

I heard 6 players, on the radio this morning??

BennyHarp

Quote from: thewobbler on August 11, 2021, 10:42:52 AM

What you're basically saying here, whether you mean it or not, is that adults simply cannot be trusted to assess their own physical well-being during this pandemic.

If this is how you feel, then the only suitable solution is to cancel all games at all adult levels until the pandemic has been eradicated.

If not, I'd love to know how you are drawing grey lines to suit a different narrative.

I do know that 2 weeks isn't enough to be sure someone is over the effects of Covid. If it was one or two players (or even 5 like the ulster final) then so be it but when nearly half the squad is infected then the pressure to play a player who isn't ready increases and chances of a complication rises. There are grey lines all over the feckin place with this virus but a definite red line is putting a player at risk for he sake of maybe 7 days and a bit of admin. But your earlier comment on player welfare shows where you are at so we are probably not going to agree on this.
That was never a square ball!!

Milltown Row2

Lets say a player breaks his leg and after 6 weeks in plaster resumes light training, building up to a level were he may be fit for a game,  say an All Ireland semifinal, the doctors and fitness coach make the decisions as to whether the player is match fit or not, he may never get match fit depending on the injury or type of rehab required.

The virus or dealing with the virus afterwards should be dealt accordingly, the doctor and fitness coach carry out a fitness test to see if he is match fit, only then should he play. That's putting the welfare of the player as top priority. Letting a player decide if he's fit is what happens at junior b.

Any county that allows its players to just get on with it, is taking awful risks with peoples long term health
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea