Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

nrico2006

Quote from: yellowcard on August 10, 2021, 11:30:39 AM
Quote from: lenny on August 10, 2021, 11:13:45 AM
Anyone else think Tyrone are at it here? They've got a few injuries in mcshane, mckenna and canavan and they're trying to buy an extra week for them to recover.

No, it's definitely not made up but they should just be grateful for the extra week and take their medicine. The rest of the country can't wait until they all fully recover before the game is played. They were never going to beat Kerry anyway even at full health but I'd say neither is there a cat in hells chance of them withdrawing from the championship no matter what side takes the field. It just allows them to get their excuse in early.

Of course they could beat Kerry, don't know where this new view on Kerry has came from that they have suddenly turned unbeatable over night.

Take their medicine?  The rest of the country can wait, who cares when it is played really.  Last year the wait was even longer.  Why should they be grateful of the extra week?  We are in a pandemic and millions have died yet Tyrone should just man up and play on?  Even if the are asymptomatic their performance levels will not be the same, so I would say the GAA has yet again let itself down with regard to player welfare in only giving Tyrone a week to recover.  In saying that, Tyrone have got better treatment than other counties over the past few seasons but that is again down to the dollars involved.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Itchy

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 10, 2021, 11:59:57 AM
Quote from: Cavan19 on August 10, 2021, 10:04:56 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on August 10, 2021, 10:00:50 AM
Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 08:01:12 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on August 10, 2021, 07:45:07 AM
Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 05:46:40 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 09, 2021, 11:05:16 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on August 09, 2021, 10:36:13 PM
So did Tyrone players celebrate after winning ulster? If they did then they are to blame themselves for outbreak.
Why if knowing there was covid in camp did they all not get tested in days leading up to ulster final? Was this to avoid any more missing game? If so likely some were playing with covid! The explosion of cases could have possibly been prevented if proper test and tracing was done at start. Not 2 weeks nearly later!

They went straight home after the game..no celebrating done.  No one with covid played in the Ulster Final. There was proper test and tracing done.

Completely false statement. Some out and about drinking after.
Oh no. Lock them up...

Nothing wrong with a drink they are are just right. Just no point people on here saying they went straight home after the game - who are they trying to fool?
Agreed! Jaysus they're after winning an Ulster championship after beating last years champions then 2 massive battles against Donegal and Monaghan. If they can't celebrate that then what is the point playing football! Ulster titles still mean something unlike Leinsters! And for the covid police, pubs are open so dont be yapping...

This is not a normal year though a bit or restraint would have done no harm.
I'm sure Cavan didnt celebrate last year at all;)

Dont think they did, pubs were all closed. They also had a big COVID problem in the camp at the start up of the league so probably learned there lessons there.

tyrone08

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 10, 2021, 12:18:13 PM
Anyone else think Tyrone are at it here? They've got a few injuries in mcshane, mckenna and canavan and they're trying to buy an extra week for them to recover.

No, it's definitely not made up but they should just be grateful for the extra week and take their medicine. The rest of the country can't wait until they all fully recover before the game is played. They were never going to beat Kerry anyway even at full health but I'd say neither is there a cat in hells chance of them withdrawing from the championship no matter what side takes the field. It just allows them to get their excuse in early.

Of course they could beat Kerry, don't know where this new view on Kerry has came from that they have suddenly turned unbeatable over night.

Take their medicine?  The rest of the country can wait, who cares when it is played really.  Last year the wait was even longer.  Why should they be grateful of the extra week?  We are in a pandemic and millions have died yet Tyrone should just man up and play on?  Even if the are asymptomatic their performance levels will not be the same, so I would say the GAA has yet again let itself down with regard to player welfare in only giving Tyrone a week to recover.  In saying that, Tyrone have got better treatment than other counties over the past few seasons but that is again down to the dollars involved.

Spot on.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 10, 2021, 12:00:27 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 10, 2021, 10:08:52 AM
Quote from: Hereiam on August 10, 2021, 09:45:12 AM
The fact the Tyrone lads went on the rip in Pomeroy the night after the ulster final wont have helped curtail the spread of COVID

As usual, pubs are an easy target for identifying Covid spread.

Meeting rooms and changing rooms seem to get off easy.

f**k knows why.
Kill joys. That is literally it.

Do people actually think covid spread through the tyrone camp the night of the ulster final?

Covid had already taken hold the week prior to this and would have spread at team meetings, training, huddles etc.

yellowcard

Lets be honest, not many gave Tyrone a chance before this Covid outbreak and even less so now. There is no point in pretending that Tyrone were anything but huge outsiders to win the match to begin with.

As far as taking their medicine the GAA made a fair and reasonable decision to postpone the game by a week. You seem to suggest that the game should be deferred until all of the Tyrone players have fully recovered. So the competition should basically come to a standstill just to placate Tyrone? The 3 other county squads left in the competition will have tailored their seasons to peak at this stage of the championship whilst club players in the 4 remaining counties will be forced to sit on their hands as they wait on Tyrone county players to recover fully so that the AI championship can be completed.

nrico2006

Quote from: yellowcard on August 10, 2021, 12:29:44 PM

Lets be honest, not many gave Tyrone a chance before this Covid outbreak and even less so now. There is no point in pretending that Tyrone were anything but huge outsiders to win the match to begin with.

As far as taking their medicine the GAA made a fair and reasonable decision to postpone the game by a week. You seem to suggest that the game should be deferred until all of the Tyrone players have fully recovered. So the competition should basically come to a standstill just to placate Tyrone? The 3 other county squads left in the competition will have tailored their seasons to peak at this stage of the championship whilst club players in the 4 remaining counties will be forced to sit on their hands as they wait on Tyrone county players to recover fully so that the AI championship can be completed.

How fair and reasonable a decision is it to postpone the game by a week?  Have the GAA made this decision based on advice received from medical experts?  Going by what I know, and I am far from an expert, there is no way that these players would be 100% within a mere 7 days.  I would argue that the decision to postpone is far from fair and reasonable.

As for waiting, of course they should wait, this is not a standard injury situation and for all we know the players would play and are capable of playing but ultimately there are regulations to adhere to.  Say for talks sake the Tyrone players are all feeling grand and ready to rock, they are not the ones making the calls as to playing the game.  Things haven't been running according to plan in any way of life since the pandemic started, including the GAA.  But you reckon that should all change now and set dates etc. are made irrelevant of the various scenarios that will arise?

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

yellowcard

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 10, 2021, 12:52:47 PM

How fair and reasonable a decision is it to postpone the game by a week?  Have the GAA made this decision based on advice received from medical experts?  Going by what I know, and I am far from an expert, there is no way that these players would be 100% within a mere 7 days.  I would argue that the decision to postpone is far from fair and reasonable.

As for waiting, of course they should wait, this is not a standard injury situation and for all we know the players would play and are capable of playing but ultimately there are regulations to adhere to.  Say for talks sake the Tyrone players are all feeling grand and ready to rock, they are not the ones making the calls as to playing the game.  Things haven't been running according to plan in any way of life since the pandemic started, including the GAA.  But you reckon that should all change now and set dates etc. are made irrelevant of the various scenarios that will arise?

I'm not a medical expert either and Tyrone are likely to be without some players or at best some players will not have fully recovered but that's just bad luck. Players can get sick anytime, bereavements can occur and players can get injured these things happen all the time. That doesn't mean that games should be indefinitely postponed until they recover.

Another postponement won't happen anyway and nor will Tyrone withdraw from the championship even if they have to field a weakened team. You need to take off the red and white glasses.   

viperhiggins

Anyone else think Tyrone are at it here? They’ve got a few injuries in mcshane, mckenna and canavan and they’re trying to buy an extra week for them to recover.

There is definitely some people in this thread whose children, if they are anything like their parents, will be getting 3 Ds in their a levels today. It's not 7 days it is an extra 7 days. If the outbreak occurred on Sunday, then it will be 13 days until the game - not a 'mere 7'.

Jim Bob

Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 11:50:03 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 10, 2021, 10:35:43 AM
So did Tyrone players celebrate after winning ulster? If they did then they are to blame themselves for outbreak.
Why if knowing there was covid in camp did they all not get tested in days leading up to ulster final? Was this to avoid any more missing game? If so likely some were playing with covid! The explosion of cases could have possibly been prevented if proper test and tracing was done at start. Not 2 weeks nearly later!

They went straight home after the game..no celebrating done.  No one with covid played in the Ulster Final. There was proper test and tracing done.

Did you witness this , if so where , or are you just a Tyrone hater?

You ever heard of Instagram Jimbob? Probably be hard from all the way up on your high horse there

Did aye....what's the connection? Post evidence of your claims or buck up!

viperhiggins

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 10, 2021, 01:39:09 PM
Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 11:50:03 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 10, 2021, 10:35:43 AM

Did you witness this , if so where , or are you just a Tyrone hater?

You ever heard of Instagram Jimbob? Probably be hard from all the way up on your high horse there

Did aye....what's the connection? Post evidence of your claims or buck up!

You of all people should know naming and shaming ain't welcome here. But the evidence ain't hard to find old man! Getting off your high horse and your laptop would be a start maybe even get a day's work out of you.

nrico2006

Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 01:35:22 PM

There is definitely some people in this thread whose children, if they are anything like their parents, will be getting 3 Ds in their a levels today. It's not 7 days it is an extra 7 days. If the outbreak occurred on Sunday, then it will be 13 days until the game - not a 'mere 7'.

I'm not old enough to have children doing A-Levels kid and if I have children that do A-Levels they won't be getting 3 D's.  I haven't read too much on the specifics of the outbreak and when it was detected etc, but I would imagine that an extra 7 days isn't going to make much of a difference to the recovery process for any players who have suffered badly with this.  Its not only the recovery process though that needs to be taken into account, its the preparation that has been missed in the interim.

nrico2006

Quote from: yellowcard on August 10, 2021, 01:14:57 PM

I'm not a medical expert either and Tyrone are likely to be without some players or at best some players will not have fully recovered but that's just bad luck. Players can get sick anytime, bereavements can occur and players can get injured these things happen all the time. That doesn't mean that games should be indefinitely postponed until they recover.

Another postponement won't happen anyway and nor will Tyrone withdraw from the championship even if they have to field a weakened team. You need to take off the red and white glasses.

Players can get sick, people die etc.  But the difference here is that for all we know the players in question are feeling 100% and want to play, but they will not be allowed to.  That is a world away from being injured or having to go to a funeral.  This is not a standard situation and in cases like this or the example I mentioned, a team shouldn't be punished if a public health body does not permit a willing player(s) to play.  I would have the same view irrelevant of the county involved and I had the same view when Fermanagh were impacted in the league.

Milltown Row2

Turning into a farce now, I understand Tyrone and their fans and what this means to them, but this could be a longer period of isolation than what's required.

Do the non vaccers from Tyrone want the game to just go ahead?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

viperhiggins

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2021, 02:37:58 PM
Turning into a farce now, I understand Tyrone and their fans and what this means to them, but this could be a longer period of isolation than what's required.

Claim it's becoming a farce then ask a question like that? 3 o clock on a Tuesday is a strange time to go fishing

Milltown Row2

Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 03:05:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2021, 02:37:58 PM

Claim it's becoming a farce then ask a question like that? 3 o clock on a Tuesday is a strange time to go fishing

First bite
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea