Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

TheGreatest

Sad times, a match a lot of people looking forward to.

Not to forget, and i presume this is the case, a lot of them cant train either. I see they requested 2 week postponement to denied, should they have got the 2 weeks?

Another soft all Ireland for Kerry if the match doesn't go ahead, just like all the All Irelands won in the 70s/80s.  ;)

seafoid

6 days will hardly be enough for Tyrone.

How did so many involved become infected?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thewobbler

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 10, 2021, 08:41:40 AM

Not to forget, and i presume this is the case, a lot of them cant train either. I see they requested 2 week postponement to denied, should they have got the 2 weeks?

Another soft all Ireland for Kerry if the match doesn't go ahead, just like all the All Irelands won in the 70s/80s.  ;)

The difficulty for administrators here is that if they grant a 2 week furlough to Tyrone, and then Kerry fall similarly asunder just before the rescheduled fixture, then the same discretion would have to be applied to Kerry. And then we would end up not only with an AI final at the end of September, but a gap of 5 weeks for the winners of Mayo and Dublin to wait out.

There's no perfect way to do things with sport and Covid. Because no matter what you do, it's unfair.

Cruel as it may seem, I think we should always rule/fall in favour of teams who don't fall to Covid. Avoiding a small Covid outbreak is a matter of luck, no doubt at all. Avoiding a full scale team outbreak though probably requires more along the lines of commonsense / acceptance of the guidelines, than actual luck. These lads do not have to spend 8 hrs a day in a meat factory together.

viperhiggins

Quote from: thewobbler on August 10, 2021, 09:09:57 AM

The difficulty for administrators here is that if they grant a 2 week furlough to Tyrone, and then Kerry fall similarly asunder just before the rescheduled fixture, then the same discretion would have to be applied to Kerry. And then we would end up not only with an AI final at the end of September, but a gap of 5 weeks for the winners of Mayo and Dublin to wait out.

There's no perfect way to do things with sport and Covid. Because no matter what you do, it's unfair.

Cruel as it may seem, I think we should always rule/fall in favour of teams who don't fall to Covid. Avoiding a small Covid outbreak is a matter of luck, no doubt at all. Avoiding a full scale team outbreak though probably requires more along the lines of commonsense / acceptance of the guidelines, than actual luck. These lads do not have to spend 8 hrs a day in a meat factory together.

At least in a meat factory you can social distance... it is impossible to train GAA whilst social distancing, especially in the run up to an AI Semi.

thewobbler

Nonsense. Avoid changing rooms, meeting rooms, and car sharing, and you'll be following guidance.

As a manager you may want a 3-hour video review session with 36 players and 10 back room staff all involved.

As a citizen of the world in the past 18 months, it should be easy enough to understand the potential consequences.

If people are unwilling to do things a little differently in Covid times, then they shouldn't be doing things at all.

wobbller

Quote from: thewobbler on August 10, 2021, 09:15:56 AM
Nonsense. Avoid changing rooms, meeting rooms, and car sharing, and you'll be following guidance.

As a manager you may want a 3-hour video review session with 36 players and 10 back room staff all involved.

As a citizen of the world in the past 18 months, it should be easy enough to understand the potential consequences.

If people are unwilling to do things a little differently in Covid times, then they shouldn't be doing things at all.
My cousin speaks a lot of sense here. Follow the Rules and it generally works out.Break them and it doesn't work out.

viperhiggins

Quote from: thewobbler on August 10, 2021, 09:15:56 AM

Avoid all contact, wear a mask and keep 2m distance as well don't forget. Impossible to do.

Under Lights

I feel like Tyrone will concede and Kerry will progress. This would be the proper action given the health circumstances. Sad to miss out on AI semi final but it's only a game and there is always next year

RedHand88

Cancel the championship and split the all ireland four ways. It's the only logical outcome. Player welfare is more important.

viperhiggins

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 10, 2021, 09:36:17 AM
Cancel the championship and split the all ireland four ways. It's the only logical outcome. Player welfare is more important.

I agree. I also believe the four MOTM from the provincial finals should split the POTY award four ways. Only fair. Either that or give it to Darren McCurry

Hereiam

The fact the Tyrone lads went on the rip in Pomeroy the night after the ulster final wont have helped curtail the spread of COVID

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: thewobbler on August 10, 2021, 09:09:57 AM

Seems like a bridge to cross if we come to it
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Armagh18

Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 08:01:12 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on August 10, 2021, 07:45:07 AM
Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 05:46:40 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 09, 2021, 11:05:16 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on August 09, 2021, 10:36:13 PM
So did Tyrone players celebrate after winning ulster? If they did then they are to blame themselves for outbreak.
Why if knowing there was covid in camp did they all not get tested in days leading up to ulster final? Was this to avoid any more missing game? If so likely some were playing with covid! The explosion of cases could have possibly been prevented if proper test and tracing was done at start. Not 2 weeks nearly later!

They went straight home after the game..no celebrating done.  No one with covid played in the Ulster Final. There was proper test and tracing done.

Completely false statement. Some out and about drinking after.
Oh no. Lock them up...

Nothing wrong with a drink they are are just right. Just no point people on here saying they went straight home after the game - who are they trying to fool?
Agreed! Jaysus they're after winning an Ulster championship after beating last years champions then 2 massive battles against Donegal and Monaghan. If they can't celebrate that then what is the point playing football! Ulster titles still mean something unlike Leinsters! And for the covid police, pubs are open so dont be yapping...

Cavan19

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 10, 2021, 10:00:50 AM
Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 08:01:12 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on August 10, 2021, 07:45:07 AM
Quote from: viperhiggins on August 10, 2021, 05:46:40 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 09, 2021, 11:05:16 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on August 09, 2021, 10:36:13 PM
So did Tyrone players celebrate after winning ulster? If they did then they are to blame themselves for outbreak.
Why if knowing there was covid in camp did they all not get tested in days leading up to ulster final? Was this to avoid any more missing game? If so likely some were playing with covid! The explosion of cases could have possibly been prevented if proper test and tracing was done at start. Not 2 weeks nearly later!

They went straight home after the game..no celebrating done.  No one with covid played in the Ulster Final. There was proper test and tracing done.

Completely false statement. Some out and about drinking after.
Oh no. Lock them up...

Nothing wrong with a drink they are are just right. Just no point people on here saying they went straight home after the game - who are they trying to fool?
Agreed! Jaysus they're after winning an Ulster championship after beating last years champions then 2 massive battles against Donegal and Monaghan. If they can't celebrate that then what is the point playing football! Ulster titles still mean something unlike Leinsters! And for the covid police, pubs are open so dont be yapping...

This is not a normal year though a bit or restraint would have done no harm.

thewobbler

Quote from: Hereiam on August 10, 2021, 09:45:12 AM
The fact the Tyrone lads went on the rip in Pomeroy the night after the ulster final wont have helped curtail the spread of COVID

As usual, pubs are an easy target for identifying Covid spread.

Meeting rooms and changing rooms seem to get off easy.

f**k knows why.