Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Milltown Row2

Be interesting then to see if teams get an extra week for championship
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

I'm interested to know what the Threshold for a postponement is now. Armagh didn't get one when Hughes was missing. At least one team (I want to say Sligo) didn't get one last year and had to concede.  I've total sympathy for Tyrone and the position they are in and am glad to see the postponement but equally if I was one of the other counties who have been adversely impacted by Covid this year I'd be equally pissed off that it seems to be one rule for some counties and a different rule for others. I can see this being quite the rod for the back of the association.

It also really brings in to focus that Armagh Monaghan had to be played in the circumstances that it was.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

FermGael

Quote from: David McKeown on August 09, 2021, 08:34:34 PM
I'm interested to know what the Threshold for a postponement is now. Armagh didn't get one when Hughes was missing. At least one team (I want to say Sligo) didn't get one last year and had to concede.  I've total sympathy for Tyrone and the position they are in and am glad to see the postponement but equally if I was one of the other counties who have been adversely impacted by Covid this year I'd be equally pissed off that it seems to be one rule for some counties and a different rule for others. I can see this being quite the rod for the back of the association.

It also really brings in to focus that Armagh Monaghan had to be played in the circumstances that it was.

Fermanagh had to play their crucial relegation game last year against Clare despite having had several players test positive.
No choice apparently .
Sligo were the same but they conceded.

I have every sympathy for Tyrone. 
But the rules have been changed as this is a marquee fixture.

The other question that also should be asked is how have so many Tyrone players been involved in this ?
Surely other counties have had outbreaks .Mayo and Armagh spring to mind in this year's championship.
I assume the Gaa has issued Covid protocols to every team .
What has happened in Tyrone that it is so bad ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

greatpoint

How did the Ulster Final go ahead if Tyrone were aware they had squad members exposed to COVID?

armaghniac

Quote from: FermGael on August 09, 2021, 08:43:06 PM
Fermanagh had to play their crucial relegation game last year against Clare despite having had several players test positive.
No choice apparently .

The other question that also should be asked is how have so many Tyrone players been involved in this ?
Surely other counties have had outbreaks .Mayo and Armagh spring to mind in this year's championship.

The later stage of the competition is important. If you allow first rounds be postponed, with a knock on effect on later rounds, then you could have the AI final ultimately delayed by several weeks. At this stage you can give them a week and hope that is all that is needed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Under Lights

Quote from: FermGael on August 09, 2021, 08:43:06 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on August 09, 2021, 08:34:34 PM

No choice apparently .

Lots of numbers being batted about on social media and WhatsApp

CK_Redhand

Tyrone should forfeit and let Monaghan take on Kerry this Sunday

Under Lights

Quote from: CK_Redhand on August 09, 2021, 09:54:07 PM
Tyrone should forfeit and let Monaghan take on Kerry this Sunday

Probably be fair enough.

larryin89

I know perhaps 20 people who have had covid including members of my household and none wernt back to full health after isolation ,so chances are they will be grand .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

lenny

What happens if Kerry get a few positive cases next week? Are they entitled to another weeks postponement? Have the GAA opened a can of worms by allowing the game to be postponed?

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: greatpoint on August 09, 2021, 08:48:09 PM
How did the Ulster Final go ahead if Tyrone were aware they had squad members exposed to COVID?

Tyrone took the risk that they could get that job done without 4 key players. Doesn't say much for Monaghan does it?

the goal was on

So did Tyrone players celebrate after winning ulster? If they did then they are to blame themselves for outbreak.
Why if knowing there was covid in camp did they all not get tested in days leading up to ulster final? Was this to avoid any more missing game? If so likely some were playing with covid! The explosion of cases could have possibly been prevented if proper test and tracing was done at start. Not 2 weeks nearly later!

Under Lights

Quote from: the goal was on on August 09, 2021, 10:36:13 PM
So did Tyrone players celebrate after winning ulster? If they did then they are to blame themselves for outbreak.
Why if knowing there was covid in camp did they all not get tested in days leading up to ulster final? Was this to avoid any more missing game? If so likely some were playing with covid! The explosion of cases could have possibly been prevented if proper test and tracing was done at start. Not 2 weeks nearly later!

Tyrone acted within the guidelines, anyone suggesting otherwise would need to be careful and be prepared to back it up with evidence in the court of law.

Jim Bob

They went straight home after the game..no celebrating done.  No one with covid played in the Ulster Final. There was proper test and tracing done.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Under Lights on August 09, 2021, 11:03:29 PM

Tyrone acted within the guidelines, anyone suggesting otherwise would need to be careful and be prepared to back it up with evidence in the court of law.

Shit just got real 😃😃