Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

viperhiggins

Quote from: LeoMc on August 09, 2021, 03:33:38 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 09, 2021, 03:08:00 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 09, 2021, 03:01:05 PM
Confirmed AISF and Final pushed back a week!

Could have pushed it back to 2008 to give Tyrone a decent chance of winning it.
If players have COVID a 1 week delay would not be much time to recover from it.

The match was originally scheduled for Sunday (a week from the outbreak) and now with the rescheduling to Saturday week there is now 13 days until the game. Jesus christ  use your head man

JoG2

Quote from: viperhiggins on August 09, 2021, 03:52:51 PM

The match was originally scheduled for Sunday (a week from the outbreak) and now with the rescheduling to Saturday week there is now 13 days until the game. Jesus christ  use your head man

Hahaha.. Gold!

Hopefully see both teams as strong as they can be. They'll be more outbreaks between now and the proposed final date. Club championships will be some craic

Main Street

So it's a 6 day delay, not exactly the full week ::)
And should a player be covid symptom afflicted, what essential difference do you think a 6 days delay would make?

larryin89

Quote from: Main Street on August 09, 2021, 05:29:28 PM

And should a player be covid symptom afflicted, what essential difference do you think a 6 days delay would make?

Are you for real , six days plus the week already in isolation means the ten days required would be up
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

tyrone08

Think the poster was saying a 6 day delay isn't going to help players recover. They will be out of isolation but won't be anywhere near fit. To stand a chance at making a game out of it all tyrone players would have to be fully fit.

JoG2

Quote from: larryin89 on August 09, 2021, 05:37:29 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 09, 2021, 05:29:28 PM

Are you for real , six days plus the week already in isolation means the ten days required would be up

It's the players physical condition as opposed to Covid regulations Larry.

APM

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 09, 2021, 05:42:32 PM

Think the poster was saying a 6 day delay isn't going to help players recover. They will be out of isolation but won't be anywhere near fit. To stand a chance at making a game out of it all tyrone players would have to be fully fit.

This is the point.  I think some people are assuming that these guys are really fit and there will be no implications for fitness to play, that it is just an administrative problem around self-isolation. We talked about this on another thread.  Some players will have no symptoms, but there will be some who will be hit like a tonne of bricks and will take a while to recover. 

Looking at the stats, Covid is rampant in Tyrone and those players that have managed to avoid it will also be walking on eggshells for the next 10 days.

Under Lights

If covid affects them badly they could have serious problems

Tyrone should concede the game, this is a health crisis and this is an amateur sport.

BennyCake

Should the GAA pay for both finalists to spend a week (or 10 days) in an isolated training camp, and reimburse players wages? I'd imagine both squads will likely be off work anyway the week before the final. If the final is postponed, that's a lot of things fecked up.

Whishtup

Of course, they're super careful in Kerry. Truth is that there are outbreaks all over Ireland. People are understandably letting the guard down and that could mean a friend, partner, relative, shop worker who has come into contact with a player.  Would you cancel a game if half a team had the flu? Under lights, we have to live with Covid and lean into our procedures, not exclude and continue to disrupt normal life. I'm sure there will be plenty of testing done before the match.

Under Lights

Quote from: Whishtup on August 09, 2021, 07:01:15 PM
Of course, they're super careful in Kerry. Truth is that there are outbreaks all over Ireland. People are understandably letting the guard down and that could mean a friend, partner, relative, shop worker who has come into contact with a player.  Would you cancel a game if half a team had the flu? Under lights, we have to live with Covid and lean into our procedures, not exclude and continue to disrupt normal life. I'm sure there will be plenty of testing done before the match.
Game wouldn't be postponed if there was a bout of food poisoning.
Tyrone should concede the game and prepare for next year fit healthy and undefeated in the 2021 championship

Whishtup

Quote from: Under Lights on August 09, 2021, 07:03:07 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 09, 2021, 07:01:15 PM

Game wouldn't be postponed if there was a bout of food poisoning.
Tyrone should concede the game and prepare for next year fit healthy and undefeated in the 2021 championship
So you have no faith in any of the procedures or testing?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 09, 2021, 03:20:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2021, 03:18:24 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2021, 03:08:57 PM
The All-Ireland Football Championship semi-final between Kerry and Tyrone has been postponed due to Covid-19 issues in the camp of the Ulster champions.

The game was due to be played this Sunday but has been re-arranged for Saturday 21 August, one day before the All-Ireland Hurling final.

Mayo play Dublin in the other semi-final this Saturday.

The All-Ireland Football final will now take place on Saturday, 4 September.

Tyrone GAA confirmed last weekend that "a number of players are self-isolating" as they awaited Covid-19 test results

I take it Croke will be asking to see those results, so that this isn't some ploy to have a injury hit team time to get ready?

Catch yourself on!

I'm jesting of course, Tyrone ones aren't cute hoors like thon Kerry wans.

but what struck me recently was I was pinged and had to self isolate, my company (rightly) asked to see the official pinged message, sure any aul eejit looking to play the system could say they have Covid.

At what stage does it become a non starter? Once the club championship get going there will be all sorts of games called off, I think last year we had teams that conceded because of it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2021, 07:22:26 PM
The All-Ireland Football Championship semi-final between Kerry and Tyrone has been postponed due to Covid-19 issues in the camp of the Ulster champions.

The game was due to be played this Sunday but has been re-arranged for Saturday 21 August, one day before the All-Ireland Hurling final.

Tyrone GAA confirmed last weekend that "a number of players are self-isolating" as they awaited Covid-19 test results

I take it Croke will be asking to see those results, so that this isn't some ploy to have a injury hit team time to get ready?

Catch yourself on!

but what struck me recently was I was pinged and had to self isolate, my company (rightly) asked to see the official pinged message, sure any aul eejit looking to play the system could say they have Covid.

At what stage does it become a non starter? Once the club championship get going there will be all sorts of games called off, I think last year we had teams that conceded because of it

Tyrone county board had a policy for league games of no team = no points. Could be interesting come championship time!

StPatsAbu

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 09, 2021, 07:51:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2021, 07:22:26 PM

Catch yourself on!

Tyrone county board had a policy for league games of no team = no points. Could be interesting come championship time!

As had practically every other Co board in the country ffs