Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

APM

Quote from: JoG2 on August 07, 2021, 01:01:03 PM
Quote from: APM on August 07, 2021, 12:58:45 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 07, 2021, 12:45:48 PM
Quote from: APM on August 07, 2021, 12:23:30 PM
Never mind the disruption, would be surprised if it doesn't impact the team's performance also. Some will have no symptoms, some will have symptoms and bounce back very quickly, others will be exhausted for a week or two after it.
Yes, big problem alright. I know a few players and it took them a few weeks to get the lungs near right.

It was interesting to hear the response of certain people when the Armagh goalkeeper was ruled out with it.  They were along the lines of, why on earth did he get tested and he could have played away.  The assumption seemed to be that because these guys are young and extremely physically fit, there would be no implications on their physical ability to play football.  I'd say that's far from the case!

1 of the guys I know who was hit with it is an absolute machine. As fit a man as I know. For a few weeks after the all clear was really struggling APM

Spot on! An extra week will be of limited benefit to any player in that position depending on when they test positive. You will also have guys that will just want to get out and play and say that they are better. Not a good place to be in for a management team.

CK_Redhand

Anecdotal personal evidence. I'd be a half decent 5k runner but not the fittest by any stretch. First moderna vaccine knocked me back a month and second recently set me back again. For a top level athlete actually catching covid could be devastating.

Mikhailov

Lads, to back up what some lads are saying on here - Covid WILL have an affect on any players fitness irrespective of how fit they had been. Several players I know (all really fit lads) have struggled to recover and have commented on their inability to recover quickly during exercise and even training sessions are taking a lot out of them never mind high intensity games. The overall impact on a squad such as Tyrone will be devastating - surely their individual and team performance will be nowhere near the levels it had been prior to this outbreak.

Not any easy job for management trying to assess who is fit
& not fit. It will also require a lot of honesty from the players concerned as to how they feel physically and mentally.

RedHand88

If Tyrone did go on to win after this it would be a bigger shock than 2003.

GAABoardMod5

Let's try not to name names here, no matter how well informed a poster might be on this matter.

Of course, posting a link to a reputable source with names is allowed.

Thanks.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2021, 06:41:27 PM

2008 may have been a shock but not 2003. Best team by a mile that year

armaghniac

Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 07, 2021, 11:51:54 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2021, 06:41:27 PM

2008 may have been a shock but not 2003. Best team by a mile that year

2008 at 33/1 was the only good thing I ever got out of Tyrone.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2021, 12:32:07 AM
It seems this game will be put back?
Hopefully so. Much as I don't like Tyrone you still want them to have a fair chance at giving Kerry a game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 09, 2021, 09:24:24 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2021, 12:32:07 AM
It seems this game will be put back?
Hopefully so. Much as I don't like Tyrone you still want them to have a fair chance at giving Kerry a game.

Bit unfair on Kerry preparing for a final?  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Quote from: Cobra on August 09, 2021, 10:40:22 AM
Match off

Does this mean that the AI final gets pushed back a week also?

Cobra

Quote from: yellowcard on August 09, 2021, 10:53:26 AM
Match off

Does this mean that the AI final gets pushed back a week also?

Not sure. Press release later today.

larryin89

Match off

Not saying it's not true but is there official word on this ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .