Football All stars 2020

Started by seafoid, January 15, 2021, 10:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 22, 2021, 09:24:35 AM
Yeah agreed. Every game they had was tight so it wasn't like every player was overly dominant. 6 or 7 maybe would maybe have been about right.

I think so. It seems the All Stars in general are more of a way to reward a team effort than actually picking the best 15 players in any year. Its great when you are getting them but a but shit if you are a great player on a struggling team.

imtommygunn

Sure antrim got 15 in the hurling which was a bit much and one of the 15 isn't a starter. (though a very good impact sub to be fair to him).

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

DuffleKing

This lark is a public online vote - shambles. Best social media army gets selected.

Estimator

Quote from: DuffleKing on January 22, 2021, 11:29:37 AM

This lark is a public online vote - shambles. Best social media army gets selected.

Yeah, just had look at the awards
12/15 Down Camogs selected
11/15 Armagh Ladies
15/15 Antrim hurlers
12/15 Cavan footballers
Ulster League Champions 2009

Itchy

Thats even stranger because the Irish news would have very low circulation in cavan and I follow a lot of cavan gaa on twitter etc and didn't notice any campaign going on.

Cavan19

Quote from: Itchy on January 22, 2021, 12:46:42 PM

Thats even stranger because the Irish news would have very low circulation in cavan and I follow a lot of cavan gaa on twitter etc and didn't notice any campaign going on.

Never seen anything myself didn't even know there was a online vote.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Cavan19 on January 22, 2021, 12:58:43 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 22, 2021, 12:46:42 PM

Never seen anything myself didn't even know there was a online vote.

I saw it in social media.

Angelo

Haven't seen the Ulster All Stars but I presume the 3 non-Cavan players were Langan, Mogan and Mooney?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyCake

Quote from: Angelo on January 23, 2021, 12:32:08 PM
Haven't seen the Ulster All Stars but I presume the 3 non-Cavan players were Langan, Mogan and Mooney?

McFadden, McManus, Brennan.