Manchester Arena

Started by Dougal Maguire, May 22, 2017, 11:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Word that there may be an alert at Manchester College
Careful now

Gaaboardmod3

Lads just tried to clean up this thread a bit as a tangential discussion had the potential to descend into petty stuff, and was making it hard to follow the point of this thread, which is the horrific attack in Manchester.

No problem with the discussion being had, per se, but I don't think this thread was appropriate.

Fuzzman

Well said Mod3

Suspcioius device found in Hulme in Manchester.
I suppose it's easy for people to leave suspicious bags anywhere now to create panic.

Taylor

People are ultra vigilant and things that would normally be ignored are now magnified and authorities informed.

See there were 2 calls made a number of years ago to a crime hotline by schoolmates of the bomber that they were concerned about his beliefs and that he had thought suicide bombing was ok  :-\

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2017, 11:26:14 PM
Incredibly insensitive to victims for American intelligence to be leaking information and crime scene photography, also potentially damaging to the investigation. British authorities rightly furious.

British authorities furious because with every leak they look more and more inept. Latest account suggests the authorities were warned 6 TIMES about this nutjob!!!!

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 25, 2017, 02:25:19 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2017, 11:26:14 PM
Incredibly insensitive to victims for American intelligence to be leaking information and crime scene photography, also potentially damaging to the investigation. British authorities rightly furious.

British authorities furious because with every leak they look more and more inept. Latest account suggests the authorities were warned 6 TIMES about this nutjob!!!!

Not defending them but with so many nut jobs in ghettoised England it is difficult to follow everyone of them.  Perhaps if you are nutty enough then you can be given a fool's pardon.  Like all terrorist organisations there will be those who carry out the outrages, those who provide technical expertise and funding and those who direct and always far from the front.  The problem for UK authorities is tracking down the latter two groups who are small in number and hidden in plain sight within the ghettoes.

Taylor

As I said yesterday how do you track them all?

Nick Ferrari (sp) on Today FM yesterday wants everyone tagged that is suspected. While this could be leading to internment I can see the merits of it and at the end of the day the game has changed after Monday nights atrocity

Owen Brannigan

Hearts and minds must be to the fore or radicalisation as it is called nowadays will become so much easier.  The only answer is intelligence and turning enough into informers at as many levels as possible.  Given the scale of the attacks and the fearlessness of the attackers resources can never be sufficient to prevent everything.  It would appear that the level of resources available are insufficient.  The use of the army is a publicity stunt but the formation of a paramilitary police force on a UK wide basis is a step that the politicians may be forced into despite the so called British desire to have an unarmed police force with the bobby on the beat.

Owen Brannigan

macdanger2

Quote from: Taylor on May 25, 2017, 03:58:52 PM
As I said yesterday how do you track them all?

Nick Ferrari (sp) on Today FM yesterday wants everyone tagged that is suspected. While this could be leading to internment I can see the merits of it and at the end of the day the game has changed after Monday nights atrocity

The merits of tagging people?? "We" have already lost if we go down that route

screenexile

Just thought I would put this up as part of the discussion. . .

seafoid

Economic policy and polarisation are linked to terrorism.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on May 25, 2017, 04:27:40 PM
Just thought I would put this up as part of the discussion. . .

Omagh is not in Britain.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: seafoid on May 25, 2017, 04:30:21 PM

In UK, it results from isolation, segregation of populations and ghettoisation and then thrives in these conditions.  With Jihadist terrorism, UK has allowed ghettoes to develop, white flight in Northern towns has segregated the population by heritage.  Without being able to mix, learn and live with all others, those of non-UK heritage develop a world view which is a polar opposite of those of UK heritage.  In such circumstances, those who want to radicalise others find it easier to do.  If you live in a world where no one challenges the orthodoxy of the community then a false narrative or a re-writing of the historical narrative is easily achieved. 

armaghniac

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 25, 2017, 08:47:38 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 25, 2017, 04:30:21 PM

In UK, it results from isolation, segregation of populations and ghettoisation and then thrives in these conditions.  With Jihadist terrorism, UK has allowed ghettoes to develop, white flight in Northern towns has segregated the population by heritage.  Without being able to mix, learn and live with all others, those of non-UK heritage develop a world view which is a polar opposite of those of UK heritage.  In such circumstances, those who want to radicalise others find it easier to do.  If you live in a world where no one challenges the orthodoxy of the community then a false narrative or a re-writing of the historical narrative is easily achieved.

The British are aware of this http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/05/fish-eaters-and-fasters
However, in their typical hypocritical way they are actively encouraging similar ghettos of unassimilated "British" people in this country.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B