Minors 2016

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2016, 10:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I don't know who said the best raw material is someone who lost an underage all Ireland. Kerry beat Galway in 94. 2 of the players were Donnellan and Joyce who were quite handy.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GaillimhIarthair

Well done to Kerry, I would say slightly the more composed team and the goals won the game obviously.  We needed a lot more out of our marquee forwards from SK who did just not perform.  No shame in that as minors are very unpredictable at the best off times.

orangeman

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 18, 2016, 02:26:09 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 18, 2016, 02:24:15 PM
That lad is some player, exceptional goal
One of the few moments of pure class in this game and has more or less ended Galway chance of a comeback.

Soloing 60 yards with his left and then letting fly with his right with an unstoppable shot.

Worth the €80 admission fee alone.

johnpower

Quote from: galwayman on September 18, 2016, 02:56:30 PM
It was a tight game.Certainly not a 7 point game.
Sending off a joke but didn't affect the result.
Big difference was we never really looked like scoring a goal apart from when the Kerry keeper fell asleep and was blessed to clear off the line in the first half.
Well done Kerry. 3 in a row is a fair achievement

I agree the Galway minor team of 94 really drove on and delivered at senior leve

blanketattack

Well done to Peter Keane and the Kerry minors. Had a tremendous year but especially when they hit Croke Park, scoring 6-57 in their 3 games at HQ.

3 in a row is quite an achievement but especially so with such a huge turnover each year, with an average of only 2 players surviving from the previous year's team to the next. Including subs, 50 Kerry players have won All Ireland minor medals in the last 3 years - that can only be a good thing. Next year's minor team is the first with a decent number of retainees with half the team eligible again next year.

2014 to 2016 has been good for Kerry GAA, with 15 Kerry teams having played All Ireland finals in Croke Park in the last 2 years, winning 14 of the 15 finals.

Jinxy

I'm assuming some AFL team is waiting in the wings to grab Clifford at the first available opportunity.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

5 Sams

The Kerry keeper had somebody watching down on him!!!
The Aristocrat Years

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on September 19, 2016, 01:38:19 PM
I'm assuming some AFL team is waiting in the wings to grab Clifford at the first available opportunity.

Hopefully.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: moysider on September 19, 2016, 10:25:43 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 19, 2016, 01:38:19 PM

Hopefully.

Funny how possibly the greatest group of minor footballers (since Tyrone 97/98) and not much talk of AFL contracts. Is Tadhg Kenelly told to stay away from poaching the Kingdoms finest ;)

AZOffaly

That young O'Connor lad is apparently being lined up. Excellent midfielder.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2016, 11:50:54 AM

Mark O'Connor? what age is he? If its the one I'm thinking of I cant fathom how he hasn't been on their radar for 3/4 years.

Rossfan

What age was the Kerry no 2 with a big man's beard on him? ;D
Think his name was Naughton. Wonder where's his dad from?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

I know Evan Murphy wasn't playing well but was surprised to see him come off so early, would have liked to have seen him move in to the full forward line where we lacked a bit of physicality.

Clifford is a special talent although thought Mulkerrins did very well on him.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 20, 2016, 12:52:11 PM

Mark O'Connor? what age is he? If its the one I'm thinking of I cant fathom how he hasn't been on their radar for 3/4 years.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/kerry-starlet-mark-oconnor-to-try-out-for-afl-clubs-421128.html

twohands!!!

Was named in the senior squad for either the Clare or Tipp game so could well be given a run in the league if he doesn't go to Oz fulltime.