Minors 2016

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2016, 10:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Rossfan on April 13, 2016, 11:46:30 PM
How will Connacht pan out?
We're fecked - play Sligo on a Saturday, winners play Galway 4 days later.
Burn out how are ya? :o
How is that decision fair? what the fck are Sligo or Roscommon county boards thinking? They should submit an objection now. We all know Connacht council and galway cb fixed it for a reason 4 days after. Even a weeks rest is a joke at this stage.

I remember last yr we beat Leitrim and had to play Roscommon 6 days later on Friday in kiltoom, I was raging a Friday, was a nightmare for me to get to from London but I was thinking more of recovery for the lads.

Also the Connacht final replay was played on Friday, I disagree strongly with this midweek or Friday BS, it affects attendances aswell so would love to hear the reasoning behind it.

The Connacht minor league experimented new rules and some of the results were nuts, but Sligo got stronger as it went on, as the Summerhill and Attractas men came in, some super talent coming through with 2 back to back good minor teams and just look at Kyle Cawleys performance for Sligo in NFL this year, worst draw possible so not sure how we will fare, its a tricky one, but it will take a good team to beat us. For certain this team should not be easily bet.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Wow 4 days, with the final on the 10th July no reason to justify that, prob afraid of a replay somewhere there, they should bring forward the pre lim round before the leaving cert.

Pre Lim:         Saturday   25th June

A:  Sligo          v          Roscommon                Markievicz Park

Semi Finals

Wednesday  29th June

Galway            v          A                                 Markievicz Park/ Hyde Park

Leitrim            v          Mayo                           Carrick on Shannon

Final:   Sunday 10th July,        Replay 16th July
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

All to make sure the Minor Final can be played with the Senior one.
Tradition is much more important than a bunch of Sligo/Roscommon youngsters.
Hope its a draw after extra time and the semi final too >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

galwayman

Yeah it's crazy alright.
I wouldn't be happy if it was Galway in the same position.
Minor teams don't seem to get much respect from the fixture makers anyway.
Games are routinely switched to suit double headers etc meaning teams that should have home advantage often have to forfeit it.
I've often suspected Prenty has too much influence on fixture making

manfromdelmonte

Being set up for a Mayo v Galway final

Dinny Breen

Dublin 2-14 Offaly 1-7 FT
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Quote from: galwayman on April 16, 2016, 12:27:20 PM

I've often suspected Prenty has too much influence

Fixed that for you! >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Westmeath 3-09 Longford 0-12 FT
#newbridgeornowhere

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Ciaran Kelly and Jimmy Hyland continuing their form from last year by the looks of it, Kildare leading 2-13 to 7.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kildare beat Wicklow 2-16 to 0-7, Kildare scoring 2-8 without reply in the last 25 mins or so. A bit of a collapse from Wicklow by the looks of it.

tippabu

Wexford 17-20 kilkenny 0-0

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

An absolute disgrace from Kilkenny to send out a bunch of kids to be slaughtered like that, surely something has to be done to ensure that doesn't happen again. Biggest scoreline I've ever seen at a football match anyway.

From the Bunker

Quote from: tippabu on April 16, 2016, 04:49:04 PM
Wexford 17-20 kilkenny 0-0
Well who would have thought Wexford Minor Hurlers would pull out that result?  :P

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 16, 2016, 04:52:17 PM
An absolute disgrace from Kilkenny to send out a bunch of kids to be slaughtered like that, surely something has to be done to ensure that doesn't happen again. Biggest scoreline I've ever seen at a football match anyway.
And how strong would Wexford be at minor level this year?  Don't know how a County that can be so good at Hurling can then be so bad at football.