Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2017, 01:28:36 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2017, 01:19:42 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2017, 12:55:08 PM
Don't like Gaybo but he's right. Ireland need to get out. But they're EU arselickers in Dublin.

Tell us how that would work.

Most of Ireland exports are to UK. No border issue. Common Travel area remains. Simple.

But the Dublin government are spineless lickspittles who will never have the balls to tell Europe to get fucked.

Dont think that is accurate Benny. 20% to the UK I think and t hen you are closing off a huge market. Leaving now would be crazy stuff. We will be the only country in EU with the english language and in my experience that is huge when companies are looking to move into Europe.

north_antrim_hound

Don't like Gaybo but he's right. Ireland need to get out. But they're EU arselickers in Dublin.

Most of Ireland exports are to UK. No border issue. Common Travel area remains. Not being dictated to from Europe. Simple.

But the Dublin government are spineless lickspittles who will never have the balls to tell Europe to get fucked.

Jaysus benny
Why don't you tell us what you really think
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

BennyCake

Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2017, 01:31:47 PM

Most of Ireland exports are to UK. No border issue. Simple.

But they should beg to suck at London's hind tit!?
Are you completely raving f**king mad?

Why would they beg to anyone?

OgraAnDun

Most of Ireland exports are to UK. No border issue. Common Travel area remains. Not being dictated to from Europe. Simple.

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/File:Distribution_of_exports_of_goods_to_other_EU_partners_by_Member_State,_2015_(share_of_total_intra-EU_exports_of_goods).png

No they're not. A higher proportion of Irish exports go to the UK than any other country, but the EU 26 as a whole are a greater export market for Ireland than the UK.

Tubberman

And you're factually incorrect as well:

Exports to EU were €5,036 million in September 2017
Exports to USA were €2,866 million  in September 2017
Exports to Great Britain were €1,297 million in September 2017

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/gei/goodsexportsandimportsseptember2017/
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

yellowcard

Benny, you should never let the facts get in the way of an irrational rant. This particular thread is full of plenty of wind up opinions which are often best ignored but I believe that you are actually serious which is even more worrying. 

trileacman

Before you all get sticking th boot into benny I can clearly recall when all the hard men chat on here was "f**k the eu, ecb, Von rompuy etc etc they put us into this bailout, it's their fault a semi detached house on a flood plain in Athlone was worth 880,000 Euro."

I'd find the sudden change of heart amongst the populists funny if it wasn't so damn pathetic.

I disagree with bennys sentiment of course. Leaving the eu is to leave yourself purely at the whim of the world powers, namely the yanks, Chinese, eu and opec. Following brexit Britain will have about as much control of its own affairs as Angola.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

gallsman

Yeah but if you're going to try and make an arguement for Ireland leaving the EU, at least back it up with facts rather than easily refuted bullshit/outright lies.

BennyCake

In or out, Ireland could still trade with EU countries. Plus they could make their own laws and trade deals, instead of being dictated to by Europe, a la the Apple deal.

Britain is a big trader with the rest of the eu, and its going to hurt many EU countries when Brexit happens. I just hope that they will vote to leave too when they see trade affected.

seafoid

I think it comes down to timing. Leaving makes sense if you have something better lined up. I cant remember the joke about David Lee Roth leaving van Halen. The Brits don't  have a plan.Brexit is run by billionaires who want the UK to fail. 
Ireland is in a deflationary euro system that needs to be reformed before it blows up.

The main thing is that we need a new economic system that works for ordinary people rather than sociopaths.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on December 04, 2017, 05:38:59 PM
Once again British play the Orange Card.I don't think a specific referendum in the North would return a remain vote now.Unionist voters would be mobilised and energised to vote en masse to Leave.
Except Tony they are not a majority, with SF, SDLP and Alliance the vote would stay the same.

seafoid

You can't make your own trade deals.It takes years . International trade is not my little pony. It is more like a prison wing . The weak get raped . Like the "bailout"  .

seafoid

Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2017, 01:37:42 PM

And you're factually incorrect as well:

Exports to EU were €5,036 million in September 2017
Exports to USA were €2,866 million  in September 2017
Exports to Great Britain were €1,297 million in September 2017

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/gei/goodsexportsandimportsseptember2017/
How many of those are real rather than fake mnc exports for tax reasons?

Itchy

Quote from: Itchy on December 05, 2017, 01:32:39 PM

Most of Ireland exports are to UK. No border issue. Common Travel area remains. Simple.

Dont think that is accurate Benny. 20% to the UK I think and t hen you are closing off a huge market. Leaving now would be crazy stuff. We will be the only country in EU with the english language and in my experience that is huge when companies are looking to move into Europe.

https://tradingeconomics.com/ireland/exports-by-country

I am wrong it 12.7%. Europe combined is at 40%.

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/dec/05/theresa-may-struggles-to-rescue-brexit-deal-as-dublin-says-it-wont-back-down-politics-live

Does the DUP have a veto over what the government does?

No, says Dodds. He says the Irish government has a veto. It is acting in a reckless and dangerous way.

He says the tone has changed since Leo Varadkar and Simon Coveney took power.

The DUP's Ian Paisley tells Davis he is pleased the UK showed that it could say no to the EU. And will the UK tell Irelandthat, if there is no free trade deal, that will cost them £1.5bn.

https://youtu.be/RijB8wnJCN0

Compare to this :

Tony Connelly(@tconnellyRTE)

.@EU_Commission: 

the Irish govt has defended a position [on how to prevent a hard border] which we share.