Cillian O'Connor wins Golden Boot Race

Started by Angus, September 24, 2015, 08:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 09:53:15 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on December 22, 2020, 08:38:25 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on December 22, 2020, 11:28:55 AM
In the last few months Angelo has said Cillian wouldn't make the Armagh forward line and Darren Mccurry would score the same amount if he was from Mayo.

Do you still stand over this or can you finally admit to being wrong?

I'd love OConnor in the Armagh forward line

It's not forwards Armagh need.

Geezer would play him Full Back....

Tres Bien

In the last few months Angelo has said Cillian wouldn't make the Armagh forward line and Darren Mccurry would score the same amount if he was from Mayo.

Prophetic from Angelo

The Dazzler stood up and delivered, it was always there with him and great to see him show how an elite level forward can operate, he brought his game to another level this year but the signs were there last year for Tyrone. Hopefully he can maintain this form for a few more years on the intercounty scene.

A pity Cillian O'Connor wasn't available for Mayo as he would have been able to score 1-07 from tap over frees and a penalty that Mayo had two weeks ago, people here have very poor understandings of the game. O'Connor is a good finisher but his movement, mobility and one sidedness let him down. He's overhyped because he scores heavy, look at Mayo this year - have they missed him no? He'd just be taking scores off O'Donoghue and not adding them to Mayo. He's grand when you can steamroll opposition and create the handpass for the free man to hit into an empty net but it doesn't cut it in All Ireland finals.

The Dazzler on the other hand, hit a lovely 1-02 from play, won two frees in the first half with his lovely shift of balance, one which should have been a black card. That's what an elite level forward does on All Ireland final day. Dazzler's first final, MOTM in the bag and medal in his back pocket.

That's nothing personal against O'Connor, it's all valid criticism. I'd have been critical of McCurry in the past myself but I never doubted his skill or ability and it's the work he has put in on his shortcomings, like compensating for his lack of size with serious conditioning work and endless work on improving his movement and fielding.

This could be quite a short, fleeting appearance so I will try and cover everything. First of all well done to Tyrone, well done to management and players. Particularly guys like McGeary, Burns and Meyler who rammed it down the throats of the slabberers on here, I'm looking at you Trailer. Do you even know if a ball is pumped or stuffed? I'd speculate you're about 5ft2? Great man on here to get very nasty and personal with certain players, two of whom are now front runners for player of the year. Good to see abusive trolls like you being shut up in the right manner. Absolutely delighted for this set of players given the fact that they have came in for a lot of criticism in recent years.

Dooher and Logan have done a superb job, far exceeded my expectations this year with a shortened season and all that went on. We had the breaks fall our way this year and made the most of them but for a new management team to win an All Ireland in such a condensed season with no backdoor or room to make mistakes? Superb.

The Covid situation was absolutely scurrilous, as Meyler said on the GAA Social it seemed to be the sourthern press who were driving the narrative. The slurs about vaccination and going were disgusting. One thing that really pissed me off was the accusations about players not taking the vaccine, it's a personal choice. I know we have some absolutely rabid vaccine fascists on here who wish to impose their views dogmatically on others but this is a decisions to make personal decisions, informed decisions and have them respected. The way the vaccine roll out worked up north, people in the 20-30 age bracket which all these Tyrone players fell in under would have likely been due to have one of their jabs in middle of Championship. I can understand why there would be hesitancy in taking a vaccine a few days before a big game and the worries on what impact it may have had on them. That's understandable so why the pile on because players made the choice not, the usual anti northern bias from the Free Staters.

The next big issue, the assertions from spineless gurriers like Spillane, like John Fogarty that Tyrone should have had their players vaccinated like Kerry, Cork and Limerick and Mayo should have done. This opened up a can of worms for me that the Free State press didn't touch with a bargepole. If all these southern panels were all fully vaccinated by mid Aug then:
a) When were they vaccinated?
b) Did county panels pull strokes to jump the vaccine queues?
Serious questions to be asked there but I guess because Tyrone played ball with the vaccine rollout and didn't pull strokes to get their panels vaccinated ahead of the general population lets destroy them for doing that and turn a blind eye to the counties that did.

Down south the vaccine portal only opened for 25-29s in mid July so likely the two shots would not have been got until late Aug.

https://www.thejournal.ie/vaccine-portal-open-25-29-tomorrow-5496022-Jul2021/

The vaccine portal only opened for 18-24s in late July so again how could all these panels be vaccinated without jumping the queue? It apparently takes minimum 2 weeks for immunity to take effect after the second dose so again, all these questions draw serious light on certain county panels and the strokes pulled but it was Tyrone who got slaughtered over playing ball with the rules in place. It was a disgusting attack and it made that Kerry victory oh so f**king sweet.

Finally I will touch on my departure here, I got banned on here because I compared Rory McIlroy to Lleyton Hewitt. I thought this was a GAA forum but it seems be an echo chamber for middle aged bores to pat each on the back over their inane and very boring opinions. Go back and read this thread in entirety, the poster who knew what he was talking about was Angelo, he was the poster who was prophetic, who delivered a tour de force on this thread. His posts were well articulated, he dealt in facts, he always substantiated any views he had with data and supporting evidence. He had conviction in his views. He was a prophet and he was ran off this board because the middle aged bores didn't like it when he ran rings around them.

That's not all of you guys on here, some of you are alright, can hold a conversation without behaving like an 8 year old girl and running off for teacher when you start losing an argument or have your views challenged and are asked to substantiate them. For those of you who I would consider in the alright category, do you appreciate the fact that mob rule applies on here. MR2 have carte blanche to personally abuse posters ad nauseum with insults and smarmy smart arse comment without ever getting a word from a moderator. You have a dolt like Rossfan who nobody finds funny other than himself who destroys thread after thread with his inane, dull, village idiot comments. Wobbler running about like a child with a petted lip because people have differing opinions to him. Hound with his poorly constructed post of conceited arrogance. You all accept that and say nothing but when those some guys feel threatened by a superior poster running rings around him and frenzy up a group to lobby a mod to take action on them because he makes them look silly? That's a bit much isn't it?

And last but not least, the sheer pain those bitter Derry lads must have had watching Hampsey lifting Sam. Lenny, Screenexile, you bitter, bitter mopes.  ;D ;D ;D

So adios dickheads, no doubt the spineless mod will along to ban me shortly and probably delete this post as he's not much of a man to show a bit of transparency with his double standards. Enjoy your echo chamber.

2021 - Campioni d'Europa
2021 - All Ireland Champions.

Daje Tir Eoghain.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tres Bien on September 29, 2021, 11:38:09 AM

Prophetic from Angelo

The Dazzler stood up and delivered, it was always there with him and great to see him show how an elite level forward can operate, he brought his game to another level this year but the signs were there last year for Tyrone. Hopefully he can maintain this form for a few more years on the intercounty scene.

A pity Cillian O'Connor wasn't available for Mayo as he would have been able to score 1-07 from tap over frees and a penalty that Mayo had two weeks ago, people here have very poor understandings of the game. O'Connor is a good finisher but his movement, mobility and one sidedness let him down. He's overhyped because he scores heavy, look at Mayo this year - have they missed him no? He'd just be taking scores off O'Donoghue and not adding them to Mayo. He's grand when you can steamroll opposition and create the handpass for the free man to hit into an empty net but it doesn't cut it in All Ireland finals.

The Dazzler on the other hand, hit a lovely 1-02 from play, won two frees in the first half with his lovely shift of balance, one which should have been a black card. That's what an elite level forward does on All Ireland final day. Dazzler's first final, MOTM in the bag and medal in his back pocket.

That's nothing personal against O'Connor, it's all valid criticism. I'd have been critical of McCurry in the past myself but I never doubted his skill or ability and it's the work he has put in on his shortcomings, like compensating for his lack of size with serious conditioning work and endless work on improving his movement and fielding.

This could be quite a short, fleeting appearance so I will try and cover everything. First of all well done to Tyrone, well done to management and players. Particularly guys like McGeary, Burns and Meyler who rammed it down the throats of the slabberers on here, I'm looking at you Trailer. Do you even know if a ball is pumped or stuffed? I'd speculate you're about 5ft2? Great man on here to get very nasty and personal with certain players, two of whom are now front runners for player of the year. Good to see abusive trolls like you being shut up in the right manner. Absolutely delighted for this set of players given the fact that they have came in for a lot of criticism in recent years.

Dooher and Logan have done a superb job, far exceeded my expectations this year with a shortened season and all that went on. We had the breaks fall our way this year and made the most of them but for a new management team to win an All Ireland in such a condensed season with no backdoor or room to make mistakes? Superb.

The Covid situation was absolutely scurrilous, as Meyler said on the GAA Social it seemed to be the sourthern press who were driving the narrative. The slurs about vaccination and going were disgusting. One thing that really pissed me off was the accusations about players not taking the vaccine, it's a personal choice. I know we have some absolutely rabid vaccine fascists on here who wish to impose their views dogmatically on others but this is a decisions to make personal decisions, informed decisions and have them respected. The way the vaccine roll out worked up north, people in the 20-30 age bracket which all these Tyrone players fell in under would have likely been due to have one of their jabs in middle of Championship. I can understand why there would be hesitancy in taking a vaccine a few days before a big game and the worries on what impact it may have had on them. That's understandable so why the pile on because players made the choice not, the usual anti northern bias from the Free Staters.

The next big issue, the assertions from spineless gurriers like Spillane, like John Fogarty that Tyrone should have had their players vaccinated like Kerry, Cork and Limerick and Mayo should have done. This opened up a can of worms for me that the Free State press didn't touch with a bargepole. If all these southern panels were all fully vaccinated by mid Aug then:
a) When were they vaccinated?
b) Did county panels pull strokes to jump the vaccine queues?
Serious questions to be asked there but I guess because Tyrone played ball with the vaccine rollout and didn't pull strokes to get their panels vaccinated ahead of the general population lets destroy them for doing that and turn a blind eye to the counties that did.

Down south the vaccine portal only opened for 25-29s in mid July so likely the two shots would not have been got until late Aug.

https://www.thejournal.ie/vaccine-portal-open-25-29-tomorrow-5496022-Jul2021/

The vaccine portal only opened for 18-24s in late July so again how could all these panels be vaccinated without jumping the queue? It apparently takes minimum 2 weeks for immunity to take effect after the second dose so again, all these questions draw serious light on certain county panels and the strokes pulled but it was Tyrone who got slaughtered over playing ball with the rules in place. It was a disgusting attack and it made that Kerry victory oh so f**king sweet.

Finally I will touch on my departure here, I got banned on here because I compared Rory McIlroy to Lleyton Hewitt. I thought this was a GAA forum but it seems be an echo chamber for middle aged bores to pat each on the back over their inane and very boring opinions. Go back and read this thread in entirety, the poster who knew what he was talking about was Angelo, he was the poster who was prophetic, who delivered a tour de force on this thread. His posts were well articulated, he dealt in facts, he always substantiated any views he had with data and supporting evidence. He had conviction in his views. He was a prophet and he was ran off this board because the middle aged bores didn't like it when he ran rings around them.

That's not all of you guys on here, some of you are alright, can hold a conversation without behaving like an 8 year old girl and running off for teacher when you start losing an argument or have your views challenged and are asked to substantiate them. For those of you who I would consider in the alright category, do you appreciate the fact that mob rule applies on here. MR2 have carte blanche to personally abuse posters ad nauseum with insults and smarmy smart arse comment without ever getting a word from a moderator. You have a dolt like Rossfan who nobody finds funny other than himself who destroys thread after thread with his inane, dull, village idiot comments. Wobbler running about like a child with a petted lip because people have differing opinions to him. Hound with his poorly constructed post of conceited arrogance. You all accept that and say nothing but when those some guys feel threatened by a superior poster running rings around him and frenzy up a group to lobby a mod to take action on them because he makes them look silly? That's a bit much isn't it?

And last but not least, the sheer pain those bitter Derry lads must have had watching Hampsey lifting Sam. Lenny, Screenexile, you bitter, bitter mopes.  ;D ;D ;D

So adios dickheads, no doubt the spineless mod will along to ban me shortly and probably delete this post as he's not much of a man to show a bit of transparency with his double standards. Enjoy your echo chamber.

2021 - Campioni d'Europa
2021 - All Ireland Champions.

Daje Tir Eoghain.

Welcome back and comhghairdeas on your victory.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

JoG2

Has anyone came back for the umpteenth time and completely blew a gasket on the 1st post back? Usually there's a gradual build up over a few weeks.

quit yo jibbajabba

This is hilarious. And a bit sad. But mostly hilarious.

Im away to watch Fr Ted when he won the Golden Cleric award

thewobbler

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 29, 2021, 01:28:42 PM

Lol, summed up perfectly.

Lleyton Hewitt the saviour of a GAA discussion board. Who'd a thunk it?

tiempo

Quote from: Tres Bien on September 29, 2021, 11:38:09 AM

I'd speculate you're about 5ft2?

Dead  ;D ;D

Farrandeelin

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 29, 2021, 01:28:42 PM

;D

Tres Bien

Oh. I haven't been banned yet. Great.

How is everyone anyway?

Screenexile, Lenny, JOG2. How are the therapy sessions going? You must have done some job on the house when the final whistle went on the 11th. I'd say ye were off to IKEA the following day to replace all the plates and kitchenware ye smashed up. It's a shame you all focus so much of your time and energy on trying to sling mud on Tyrone and Tyrone football as you have some decent players come through but sure that's the Derry mentality I suppose.

I don't imagine I'll be around for long but if I think of any more scores to settle or any more shits I forgot to call out in the first post I'll make sure to try and fit them in.

Ulster football looking wild healthy at the minute and football in a more positive place now. Tyrone winning will give other teams plenty of confidence that they are not that far off them.

Mayo were well beaten on the day, I think they are currently a level or two below where they were a few years back, don't have the same abundance of quality in the middle third. Carrying a few lads like Plunkett, Loftus, AOS in that team. DOC has also regressed a huge amount in the past 3 years, I would have rated him extremely highly a few years back but looks a pale shadow of that player now. The Mayo teams of 2013-2017 would win an All Ireland or two in the next 5 years I think which is unfortunate for them as the quality has dropped a wee bit now and it kind of reminds me of the 08-11 time when Tyrone, Kerry and Armagh began to wane and there was not real standout team in that era so there were All Irelands to be picked up.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

LeoMc

Farrandeelin

GAABoardMod5

Milltown Row2

God love him, he's more personalities than Kevin Wendell Crumb!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea