AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Gaaboardmod3

Teo, you're perfectly entitled to your  opinion, and to start/continue the thread related to what you perceive as financial disparities between counties. Lads can engage with you on that thread if it floats their boats. However you have to stop coming on every thread involving Dublin and raising the same stuff over and over. It prevents everyone having an enjoyable debate/discussion about the games, and that's the whole reason we're all here in the first place.

So, in simple terms, keep this to one thread about Finances in the GAA, and let the other threads concentrate on the games or whatever.

If you continue to annoy people by posting the same stuff in multiple threads, derailing discussions, then we'll have to hand out a ban, and I really don't want to do it because you're well entitled to argue your points, and you are not insulting or abusive. So please, keep it in one thread, and let other posters engage with you there if they feel like it.

Thanks

Mayo4Sam14

My head says Dublin will win but my heart is saying f**k off, Mayo For Sam! And with the match approaching I know which I'm siding with! #MaighEoAbú
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on August 28, 2015, 02:17:29 PM
Teo, you're perfectly entitled to your  opinion, and to start/continue the thread related to what you perceive as financial disparities between counties. Lads can engage with you on that thread if it floats their boats. However you have to stop coming on every thread involving Dublin and raising the same stuff over and over. It prevents everyone having an enjoyable debate/discussion about the games, and that's the whole reason we're all here in the first place.

So, in simple terms, keep this to one thread about Finances in the GAA, and let the other threads concentrate on the games or whatever.

If you continue to annoy people by posting the same stuff in multiple threads, derailing discussions, then we'll have to hand out a ban, and I really don't want to do it because you're well entitled to argue your points, and you are not insulting or abusive. So please, keep it in one thread, and let other posters engage with you there if they feel like it.

Thanks

No, thank you

Mayo4Sam14

"To never have considered losing as if winning was by your choosing"

The Hill is Blue

As the big day gets closer I'd like to say to all those Mayo fans who will be on the Hill that you are testement to one of the great features of Gaelic games - that supporters from both teams can mix freely without fear of intimidation. The Dubs supporters can be a noisy lot but our bark is worse than our bite. And if the result goes your way on Sunday I'll shake the hands of any Mayo supporters who may be near me on the Hill. Good luck.

COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

muppet

Getting giddy now.

The craic after 2006 & 2012 was up there as the best I've ever had after a match. 2013 took a while to get out of the system, but a few hours later, two of us in Mayo colours were having the craic in Drumcondra surrounded by thousands of very happy Dubs. In terms of supporters mingling, this fixture is about the best there, speaking as a Mayoman. Honourable mention to Galway in Salthill which is usually good craic too.

I am hoping the game doesn't live up to expectation though and the Dubs suffer some inexplicable one-day malaise and we walk it. Here's hoping! I could do without the emotional rollercoaster involved in a 'classic' game.
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: muppet on August 28, 2015, 03:40:03 PM
Getting giddy now.

The craic after 2006 & 2012 was up there as the best I've ever had after a match. 2013 took a while to get out of the system, but a few hours later, two of us in Mayo colours were having the craic in Drumcondra surrounded by thousands of very happy Dubs. In terms of supporters mingling, this fixture is about the best there, speaking as a Mayoman. Honourable mention to Galway in Salthill which is usually good craic too.

I am hoping the game doesn't live up to expectation though and the Dubs suffer some inexplicable one-day malaise and we walk it. Here's hoping! I could do without the emotional rollercoaster involved in a 'classic' game.

Same here

naka

really hope Mayo do the biz but one thing I will say is that no matter what the score Dub fans are gracious in victory or defeat
have been on the hill in days gone by against them
never a bother
banter yes but no intimidation or bother

and lets face it we all will be watching on sunday no matter where we are.
heres hoping for a Ciaran mc donaldesque score to settle it.

Crete Boom

If we can get at Cluxton's kickouts I think we can get on top in midfield. Also I don't think we can allow them to score more than one goal as they will get about 14 or 15 points. Achieve these two things and I think we scrape by with a point or two to spare. Two very big if's though and we will need the perfect performance for 1 to 20 to win.My big fear is outside of Andy our subs especially the forward subs will need to contribute handsomely to see us through which was a big failing in 2013.
Always enjoy the pints after with the Dubs , win lose or draw so. They are great football men and women in fairness to them. I do miss the pints in Parnell Park on a dark Feb/Mar evening before and after a league game though :'(!!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 28, 2015, 04:40:16 PM
If we can get at Cluxton's kickouts I think we can get on top in midfield. Also I don't think we can allow them to score more than one goal as they will get about 14 or 15 points. Achieve these two things and I think we scrape by with a point or two to spare. Two very big if's though and we will need the perfect performance for 1 to 20 to win.My big fear is outside of Andy our subs especially the forward subs will need to contribute handsomely to see us through which was a big failing in 2013.
Always enjoy the pints after with the Dubs , win lose or draw so. They are great football men and women in fairness to them. I do miss the pints in Parnell Park on a dark Feb/Mar evening before and after a league game though :'(!!

Alan Dillon, Alan Freeman, Mark Ronaldson,  Andy Moran

Jinxy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 03:42:24 PM
Getting giddy now.

Same here

This usually ends well.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

deiseach

Quote from: Jinxy on August 28, 2015, 04:46:54 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 03:42:24 PM
Getting giddy now.

Same here

This usually ends well.

He who laughs last took longest to get the joke.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 04:45:04 PM

For me Andy as of yet is the only nailed on impact sub we have. Freeman is a streaky player so when he is hot like the semi in 2013 he is unmarkable but when he is not he contributes very little. Dillion has not shown any real form this year in the championship and looked very laboured when he came on in the Connacht final. For me Ronaldson is untested at this level and hasn't yat shown that he can change a game of this pressure in our favour when it is down to the wire off the bench.
Now that's just my opinion and I truely hope Mark , Alan and Freezer throw these thoughts right back in my face by burying the Dubs challenge off the bench on Sunday but outside of Andy we just haven't see that so far!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 28, 2015, 05:04:15 PM

For me Andy as of yet is the only nailed on impact sub we have. Freeman is a streaky player so when he is hot like the semi in 2013 he is unmarkable but when he is not he contributes very little. Dillion has not shown any real form this year in the championship and looked very laboured when he came on in the Connacht final. For me Ronaldson is untested at this level and hasn't yat shown that he can change a game of this pressure in our favour when it is down to the wire off the bench.
Now that's just my opinion and I truely hope Mark , Alan and Freezer throw these thoughts right back in my face by burying the Dubs challenge off the bench on Sunday but outside of Andy we just haven't see that so far!!

Where has he been? I mind about 5-6 years ago in the league, he came up to Omagh and kinda destroyed us on his own.

Its only this year (maybe last? as well?) that i have seen him again.

Was he out? injured or what?

Crete Boom

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 28, 2015, 05:47:34 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 28, 2015, 05:04:15 PM

Where has he been? I mind about 5-6 years ago in the league, he came up to Omagh and kinda destroyed us on his own.

Its only this year (maybe last? as well?) that i have seen him again.

Was he out? injured or what?

He kinda got messed around position wise during the Jonno era ( they played him as a sweeper in 2010) , then he was on the squad in 2011 before leaving just before the championship. Whether he was dropped , left or was injured I don't know to be honest?
He is a super skillful footballer who knows where the posts are but struggles with his size at intercounty level especially winning his own ball but I would like to see him get a shot playing off O'Shea but it is too late to be experimenting for this year!!