Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotto

Quote from: snoopdog on October 24, 2021, 07:53:48 PM
The Stream is really poor from pairc esler.

The football is worse.

befair

Quote from: Sandstorm on October 24, 2021, 05:56:23 PM
Sad day for Down GAA when one team goes out to play football and the other team just want to perform thuggery and are accommodated by the referee and his officials. Did race, and I'm not even from Down.
What happened?

Gaagaagaa20

Quote from: Sandstorm on October 24, 2021, 05:56:23 PM
Sad day for Down GAA when one team goes out to play football and the other team just want to perform thuggery and are accommodated by the referee and his officials. Did race, and I'm not even from Down.
For a man who's "not even from Down" you have posted the majority of your posts regarding Down football

Sandstorm

Why would you assume I'm a man? Are females not allowed on this site?

Johnnysboys

Burren were by far the better team last night but fail to put teams away for some reason. It makes for an interesting final with prob the two best teams in the county there.. only a point has separated them in their two fixtures this year and I think this one will be the same..
Kerr will be out after a disgraceful challenge on him which is why I tip kilcoo to win it in the end.. won't be much in it but I just don't see any of the Burren subs bringing to the party what Kerr does.
Where now for Clonduff?? A raft of players in their 30s and not much coming off the conveyor belt for them. Is there anyone on their panel capable of stepping up to county?? Wee Darren is quality but prob past his best at county level to be fair.
Barry is excellent, that lad Close looks decent but no one else really is there??

elk

It was a fair shoulder on Kerr which is part of the game unfortunate for burren that he was injured . Kilcoo performance yesterday makes them look more vulnerable this year than previously

Truth hurts

Interesting two semi-finals yesterday. Kilcoo looked comfortable up until the last 10 and what's worrying is that they are not scoring as heavily as they did in years gone by but they are masters at grinding out victories. They are not the best footballing side to have graced this county but they are grinders. Ballyholland tried to bully them which urned into a wrestling/boxing match. The scenes at the stand side were a disgrace and it's sad to see people jump the fence at a game especially in front of so many young ones. having a full-on punching fight in front of so many people and being live on tv is a disgrace and should be condemned by the county board. There should be suspensions for a few players, mentors, officials. Pairc Esler should have another dugout at the far side of the potch to stop the hustle and bustle in that area.

I felt Clonduff will be kicking themselves this morning after they let Burren off the hook, Kerr if out will be a massive loss as Burren does not have the strength in depth to replace him. Trainor took the mark well but in fairness, it's a crap rule but Burren will not be complaining this morning. It will be some story if McCorry can do one over the club that he built to dominate Down the past decade. The game will be tight and will be won on the sideline between two shrewd operators. McCorry was taken in to win The championship, this is Moran's last game in the Down championship. It's a game that everyone will look forward to and I am sure TG4 will be looking the rights of it.

Nanderson

Quote from: Johnnysboys on October 25, 2021, 12:44:51 AM
Burren were by far the better team last night but fail to put teams away for some reason. It makes for an interesting final with prob the two best teams in the county there.. only a point has separated them in their two fixtures this year and I think this one will be the same..
Kerr will be out after a disgraceful challenge on him which is why I tip kilcoo to win it in the end.. won't be much in it but I just don't see any of the Burren subs bringing to the party what Kerr does.
Where now for Clonduff?? A raft of players in their 30s and not much coming off the conveyor belt for them. Is there anyone on their panel capable of stepping up to county?? Wee Darren is quality but prob past his best at county level to be fair.
Barry is excellent, that lad Close looks decent but no one else really is there??
Don't see how the tackle was disgraceful. Yea he didn't see it coming but it was a square shoulder and just really unlucky he didn't see it coming

upandwin

I thought the tackle on Kerr was fine tbh...We'd all have been slabbering on here about the Clonduff lad if he pulled out of the tackle when he had a chance for a big hit...

Clonduff missed a big opportunity last night, Burren have the Indian Sign over them. Think Burren will beat Kilcoo even without Kerr although he's been the best player of the Championship so far by a long way IMO...Think Burren still have plenty of firepower with Magill, O'Hare and Mckernan has been fantastic this season too...

Is D Brannigan available or what's the story? He is a massive loss to the magpies if unavailable...

Truth hurts

Quote from: upandwin on October 25, 2021, 11:11:54 AM
I thought the tackle on Kerr was fine tbh...We'd all have been slabbering on here about the Clonduff lad if he pulled out of the tackle when he had a chance for a big hit...

Clonduff missed a big opportunity last night, Burren have the Indian Sign over them. Think Burren will beat Kilcoo even without Kerr although he's been the best player of the Championship so far by a long way IMO...Think Burren still have plenty of firepower with Magill, O'Hare and Mckernan has been fantastic this season too...

Is D Brannigan available or what's the story? He is a massive loss to the magpies if unavailable...

Kilcoo will win the final, it will be 8-7 or something crap like that. Is it just me or has the standard been brutal this year. all the games are a slog.

Smurfy123

2 absolute shockers in Newry yesterday
The standard of club football in Down right now is as poor as I have ever seen
30 scores in 2 semi finals
The al star Clonduff forward line failed to show up to the big stage again
What is it with those players who promise so much but fail to deliver when it comes to the crunch
Experienced players mind you

The first Match was so bad

Gilligan to manage Down?
If anyone thinks this is a positive move forward they are badly badly mistaken
I would rather have Conor D than Conleth G

Watching that Action in Newry yesterday what the hell is wrong with Down football?
How can it be so poor

Johnnysboys

When u line a man up from 5-10 yards who has his back to u and then turns for u to smash him - that's dangerous play - I don't give a flying f**k what yas think.. it was a disgraceful tackle..

upandwin

Ah sure there ya have it...the beauty of sport. I've spoken to about ten people who were at the game and plenty others who watched the stream and it's definitely splitting opinion...

From what I heard, lots of people saying The refs favoured the big two yesterday. How Higgins got that game is beyond me and for some reason AS keeps getting the big games in Down when he absolutely can't refer at that level...The sad thing for any club outside of the Big two, you're going to have to beat the referees to win a SFC until you become the team to beat...happens in all sports where referees are more likely to give 50/50 decisions to the big team. Suppose that's the advantage you've earned from winning it in the first place...

Truth hurts

elk

Quote from: Johnnysboys on October 25, 2021, 12:16:01 PM
When u line a man up from 5-10 yards who has his back to u and then turns for u to smash him - that's dangerous play - I don't give a flying f**k what yas think.. it was a disgraceful tackle..
It wasn't an kids U8 game he was playing in. Physical contact is part of the senior game. He was there to be shouldered and it was shoulder to shoulder. A clean fair tackle