3 players walk from Antrim

Started by The Brick, April 17, 2014, 05:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Players aren't good enough in Antrim to be a force in Antrim, that's very obvious.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on April 18, 2014, 10:44:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 18, 2014, 10:38:32 PM
Players aren't good enough in Antrim to be a force in Antrim, that's very obvious.
Ulster, you mean. ;)
Well, that is why I asked and it appears that ck is talking about the long term future, which is fair enough. With the right structures we should be, no question.

Having said that, we have the players, IMO, to compete fairly well, if we really wanted to.
He was telling me earlier it was 24 Tiger for 18 quid in Tesco  ;)

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 18, 2014, 10:46:35 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 18, 2014, 10:44:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 18, 2014, 10:38:32 PM
Ulster, you mean. ;)
Well, that is why I asked and it appears that ck is talking about the long term future, which is fair enough. With the right structures we should be, no question.

Having said that, we have the players, IMO, to compete fairly well, if we really wanted to.
He was telling me earlier it was 24 Tiger for 18 quid in Tesco  ;)

I have had two of them  :-[
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Walter Cronc

Should the GAA not be investing in Antrim like they did with the Dubs. A strong Antrim can only be good for a Ulster and the GAA as a whole. They could start with Belfast Colleges entering the Mac Rory (as St Mary's seemed to have tailed off a bit) similar to Dublin Colleges did in Hurling. Do Belfast clubs receive the same coaching structures as those implemented in Dublin. Plenty of scope. The facilities too are dire in some clubs and to attract kids they need improved upon.

Wildweasel74

He must have learned from his brother, how many times did he walk out on Antrim under a number of managements, just a lack of commitment at the end of the day

jeremiah

Anybody know why the 3 lads have left but Kevin Niblocks still on the panel? Maybe it's nothing to do with St Galls