More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keane

Are the Derrytresk apologists completely without a sense of irony in the aftermath of this game?

What's the over/under on how long it takes for the phrase "Derrytresk PR machine" to work its way into the zeitgeist?

Cac orm féin

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on February 14, 2012, 12:50:28 PM
Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:39:58 PM
Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on February 14, 2012, 12:36:30 PM
Hi Cac,

I realise this is an emotive issue, especially after losing an All Ireland Final, but please pull the horns in a little bit. There has been loads of pages debated on this subject without major abuse or hysteria creeping in, so lets keep it like that.

Cheers
im not a derrytresk man but the last 86 pages have been full of hysteria in case you have not seen that mr stokes???

Not sure what this means, but if you think that's hysteria you should see some of the threads we have on the non GAA section. In any case, if you can't interact like an adult, then you'll be banned. (No appeals to the CCCC or the CHC)

Hopefully it won't come to that.
ban or no ban i can still have a word with you  isnt it eddie?

LeoMc

Is that a record?
From 1st post to ban and possible non-molestation order from Mod3 (not Ziggy after all) took 1 hour and 8 minutes.

Keane

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:55:50 PM
Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on February 14, 2012, 12:50:28 PM
Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:39:58 PM
Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on February 14, 2012, 12:36:30 PM
Hi Cac,

I realise this is an emotive issue, especially after losing an All Ireland Final, but please pull the horns in a little bit. There has been loads of pages debated on this subject without major abuse or hysteria creeping in, so lets keep it like that.

Cheers
im not a derrytresk man but the last 86 pages have been full of hysteria in case you have not seen that mr stokes???

Not sure what this means, but if you think that's hysteria you should see some of the threads we have on the non GAA section. In any case, if you can't interact like an adult, then you'll be banned. (No appeals to the CCCC or the CHC)

Hopefully it won't come to that.
ban or no ban i can still have a word with you isnt it eddie?

So clever, but so wrong at the same time. Ah well. Slán go foill.

Tubberman

Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:49:04 PM
"No grace. It's over, Billy. Grow up and take your beating"
dromid pearses man jack o'connor to billy morgan after 2009 all ireland final where kenelly committed gbh against nicholas murphy.

have a wee word with yer clubmen jack.

Oh the irony!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ballinaman

Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:38:09 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 14, 2012, 12:22:57 PM
Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:10:27 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 14, 2012, 12:05:59 PM
Quote from: Hardy on February 14, 2012, 11:59:01 AM
1996 - the gift that keeps on giving! It takes a splendid kind of masochism to keep evoking pleasant memories for the people you hate most.
:D
at least derrytresk against a load of odds went out to croke park and played to the end unlike nearly all teams from mayo with no vagina that shit themselves when they step on the same pitch.
:D at you
truth hurts boy,truth hurts.green above red in croke park gets mighty scared.

haranguerer

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 14, 2012, 10:52:55 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2012, 10:41:31 AM
Incidentally irrespective of whether that photo was real or not the very fact that so many people questioned it highlights the fact that it should not be used for evidence. Photos have no context anyway.

No, it means that more than a few anatomical or photographical 'experts' should seek new lines of employment.

I'm a physiotherapist and its impossible for your arm to be in that position... :D  ::)

LeoMc

Quote from: ballinaman on February 14, 2012, 01:19:46 PM
Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:38:09 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 14, 2012, 12:22:57 PM
Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:10:27 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 14, 2012, 12:05:59 PM
Quote from: Hardy on February 14, 2012, 11:59:01 AM
1996 - the gift that keeps on giving! It takes a splendid kind of masochism to keep evoking pleasant memories for the people you hate most.
:D
at least derrytresk against a load of odds went out to croke park and played to the end unlike nearly all teams from mayo with no vagina that shit themselves when they step on the same pitch.
:D at you
truth hurts boy,truth hurts.green above red in croke park gets mighty scared.

I would say they got all the Vagina they wanted at the homecoming!

bigtogs

This is my last post on this matter,Derrytresk lost fair and square on sunday that is sport and so be it am sure dromid and derrytresk would both not be happy with all the bad press over the last few weeks am sure off that, there was things done and said from both sides that they will not be busting with pride about, everything blown out off preportion lets move on folks and get over it i hope your club will not get into a melee in the future and you feel hard done by,by  punishments handed out,everyone forgets their club could be next all derrytresk ever wanted was consistency across the board you can be the judge if they got it or not maybe make your decision if this was your club how would you feel (honesty required for this answer).

AZOffaly

I think we should bring in a rule that anyone who rings Joe Duffy should be fined €500 :D

blanketattack

Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:49:04 PM
"No grace. It's over, Billy. Grow up and take your beating"
dromid pearses man jack o'connor to billy morgan after 2009 all ireland final where kenelly committed gbh against nicholas murphy.

have a wee word with yer clubmen jack.

Are you sure Jack O'Connor said that to Billy Morgan after the '09 final seeing that Conor Counihan was the Cork manager? Ignorance must be bliss.

Any mention of the acts of thuggery by the Derrytresk players/subs is met with remarks like "what about the Dromid players", "what about Tadgh Kennelly", "what about Meath in the '96 semi-final".
Is dealing with the fact that the Derrytresk players committed acts of thuggery and they were not harshly treated as you wrongly seem to think, too much of a reality check that you have to retrace history to try to find comparable incidents?

ballinaman

Quote from: haranguerer on February 14, 2012, 01:25:42 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 14, 2012, 10:52:55 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2012, 10:41:31 AM
Incidentally irrespective of whether that photo was real or not the very fact that so many people questioned it highlights the fact that it should not be used for evidence. Photos have no context anyway.

No, it means that more than a few anatomical or photographical 'experts' should seek new lines of employment.

I'm a physiotherapist and its impossible for your arm to be in that position... :D  ::)
Now now, Michael Phelps and the likes can bring about the exception.....

trueblue1234

Er they don't have to go that far back. In fact as mentioned they only have to go as far back as the same game. That's why your not really understanding everything are you. It's not a case of Derrytresk not deserving their bans. It's about the consistancy of applying the rules.

It'll sink in sometime.

Or maybe not.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit