Roadworks on the Roads heading to Armagh

Started by ExcellentDriver, August 05, 2011, 01:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExcellentDriver

Not only is the road between The Moy and Armagh being resurfaced, but the Road heading from Portadown to Armagh (past the Roundabout where the Restaurant is) was Closed Yesterday Evening too, with traffic there diverted via Richill and Hamiltonsbawn.

The Department of Regional Development obviously cares only about those heading to and from Belfast or Dublin. The rest simply have to lump it.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Rouge_Diablo

" Roadworks on the Roads "where else do you find them?  :P

Forever Green

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on August 05, 2011, 01:32:12 PM
Not only is the road between The Moy and Armagh being resurfaced, but the Road heading from Portadown to Armagh (past the Roundabout where the Restaurant is) was Closed Yesterday Evening too, with traffic there diverted via Richill and Hamiltonsbawn.

The Department of Regional Development obviously cares only about those heading to and from Belfast or Dublin. The rest simply have to lump it.
I don't follow. The DRD is resurfacing and maintaining roads that don't connect Belfast and Dublin, therefore they only care about roads that do connect Belfast and Dublin?

BennyCake

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on August 05, 2011, 01:33:27 PM
" Roadworks on the Roads "where else do you find them?  :P

Its like the Thin Lizzy song..."Tonight there's going to be a jailbreak, somewhere in this town".

I reckon it'd be the jail  :D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on August 05, 2011, 01:32:12 PM

Don't follow the directions to Hamiltonsbawn. Go in the old Richhill road past the MOT centre and it'll only cost you an extra 5 mins.

JUst retired

I went straight up the road last night, altough the big sign said it was closed.I have to go again today and will do the same thing. All i saw on the road were traffic cones at the edge of the hard shoulder. Work doesnt seem to have started yet.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JUst retired on August 06, 2011, 09:07:29 AM
I went straight up the road last night, altough the big sign said it was closed.I have to go again today and will do the same thing. All i saw on the road were traffic cones at the edge of the hard shoulder. Work doesnt seem to have started yet.
Must give that a lash. Last time they were there I ignored the signs driving home about 8pm and ended up having to turn and go back as they actually were working!

Aaron Boone

Has the resurfacing started again? I was caught the day.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 27, 2015, 10:54:18 PM
Has the resurfacing started again? I was caught the day.
Where at? There have been a few diversions in place due to filming of The Frankenstein Chronicles.